It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona finally dealing with the problem of virgin births.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Strict new Arizona abortion laws decree pregnancy begins TWO WEEKS before conception Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Arizona lawmakers have drawn up strict new abortion laws... that decree pregnancy begins two weeks before conception. Final legislative approval was given to a bill that would ban most abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, handing Republicans their latest win in ongoing national efforts to impose greater restrictions on abortion. But the bill defines a foetus' gestational age 'as calculated from the first day of the last [mother's] menstrual period'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Finally, some lawmakers with the courage to deal with that issue that everyone seems to be dancing around.. rampant virgin births.

On a more non-satirical side, if a woman has her period on March 1 and then conceives on March 15, then she is declared to have been retroactively pregnant from March 1 to March 15. So therefore if she were asked pregnant on March 7, the truth of the answer would depend on an a future event that may or may not happen.

So here is the point, the she is a virgin on March 7, testifies under oath in a court she is not pregnant, sleeps with her boyfriend on March 15 and conceives. Now she is pregnant on March 7. Was her testimony perjury?
edit on 11-4-2012 by metamagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Arizona has straight lost its collective mind.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

That is absolutely insane.

I wish people would quit caring about abortion so much. It's just getting silly.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Perhaps I am misunderstanding this article, but how on Earth do you claim pregnancy BEFORE conception? Isn't conception the START of pregnancy? If there has been no conception, how can there be a pregnancy?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Ask Jesus.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
March 7 was my B-day it couldna happened then...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Doesn't that mean, then, that the sperm, inside the mans testicle that might or might not be actually produced yet, is in fact an unborn child?

holy smokes, better start building prisons, how many babies are murdered each day? Zillions, because only 1 fertilizes the eggs, all the others die, meaning they are dead babies inside your testicles.

I'm officially grossed out.

also....

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Many things make me glad to be a Canadian. The fact that no one in their right mind would even attempt to table crap legislation like this in Canada is merely a new addition to a long list.

Mods forgive me but.....

Arizona.. WTF bro?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The bill says Arizona would '[p]rohibit abortions at or after twenty weeks of gestation, except in cases of a medical emergency, based on the documented risks to women’s health and the strong medical evidence that unborn children feel pain during an abortion at that gestational age.'
The bill now goes to the state's Republican governor for approval.   

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... c

You still have 20 weeks to abort, isn't that still enough time? The whole pregnancy is 36-40 weeks so you have about half the pregnancy to decide. I know its the style these days to hate on Arizona but lets continue to use critical comprehension skills regardless of what the dailymail says.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So if the woman is shot and killed could the perpetrator be charged also with killing an unborn fetus?
Crazy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Let's all go to an abortion clinic and stand beside the girls giggling cause it is all just silly........Kill another one whooooohooooo!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

What seems silly is if a child is killed in a war zone.....Lord forbid.
But if a child is killed in the mother's womb ...Ahhh that's ok the child deserved it

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not exactly. Read the text of the bill

From the opening post article -

But the bill defines a foetus' gestational age 'as calculated from the first day of the last [mother's] menstrual period'

That's true. That's how the OB/GYN doctors determine the age of the unborn child and the due date. The article doesn't give the name of the bill or the bill number. (or did I miss it?) Pro-abortion people are upset because this will make abortion less accessable by two weeks in Arizona. There is a magic cut off of 18 weeks in Arizona. After that .. it gets more difficult.

Here's the text of the bill

3. "Conception" means the fusion of a human spermatozoon with a human ovum.

4. "Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

That's medically accurate.

The bill also talks about laws for safe abortions .. who can perform them .. that the woman has to consent ... etc etc. The far left is having a fit because the bill uses the measure that doctors use in order to determine the age of the unborn child. It's really no big deal ...

edit on 4/11/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Will this be referred to as a Schrödinger's Conception?

The whole situation seems pretty stupid.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Meanwhile the infrastructure of this country is falling apart, things are going to crap, kids are dumber than ever, people are losing their homes, people can't find jobs.

Please, these idiots need to get a life.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

yes these idiots need to get a life two weeks before they are born

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules

The bill says Arizona would '[p]rohibit abortions at or after twenty weeks of gestation, except in cases of a medical emergency, based on the documented risks to women’s health and the strong medical evidence that unborn children feel pain during an abortion at that gestational age.'
The bill now goes to the state's Republican governor for approval.   

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... c

You still have 20 weeks to abort, isn't that still enough time? The whole pregnancy is 36-40 weeks so you have about half the pregnancy to decide. I know its the style these days to hate on Arizona but lets continue to use critical comprehension skills regardless of what the dailymail says.

Speaking of critical comprehension skills, you need to take a look back at my original post and see that my reason for posting it had nothing to do with the issue of abortion but rather the attempt by Arizona to declare and effect (pregnancy) to have occurred prior to the cause (conception) of the effect. Now since I may not have been crystal clear, and I don't really want to get sidetracked into a pointless debate on abortion, I will address the two concerns you have about things I actually didn't say.

(1) The point of my post was that a legislative body has decided by decree to redefine the law of cause and effect. I would be just as incredulous if the had decided that if someone had lung cancer from smoking, then for the purposes of awarding damages, the cancer would be defined as having started at the moment the victim smoked their first cigarette. There are somethings you can defined legally, like what the drinking age is, or when during a pregnancy it is no longer legal to get an abortion, but there are somethings you can't "define" legally, like when someone gets pregnant, or the acceleration due to gravity. My post is about the lunacy of Arizona, of the collective delusion of grandeur, that they can legislate nature.

(2) I'm not making fun of Arizona or picking on Arizona, but please, they passed this law and that is what I am making fun of. Let California pass a similar law and I'll make fun of them for doing it as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's what I was going to write. When I had both my kids, the doctor would ask when my last menstrual period was, then look at some little wheel with the last period date and give me a due date.

Both times, they were way off. The first time by over two weeks, the second time, same thing. I went two weeks overdue each time. Due dates are just guesses, and poor ones at that.

Either way, the determination of conception is incredibly flawed, but they've been doing it this way for a long time now. I just find it weird that they felt the need to legislate it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

I just don't see why this is a massive social issue. I really couldn't care less what people do to eachother, much less what's in their womb. I understand that a fetus is a living being. I don't agree with most abortions, personally, not at all. Adoption is almost always the better option. You're never going to get around the fact that they happen though. You can't force responsibility and civility onto people. That's not how this country is supposed to work and that's not how people work.

top topics

join