It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul condemns close ties between FDA and Big Pharma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I've lost faith in Ron Paul winning the GOP race. People in America are too dumb to realize what's really going on with our government. Ron Paul points out the corruptions in our system over and over again but people will just call him crazy. And the media will just try to suppress his message. The public isn't ready for the truth yet, they loathe it and they fear it. Until something drastic happens, things will never change...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamstalker

Yes, I also believe Obama will be elected for another term. TPTB have decided to keep him for another term. Probably the fact that in only 4 short years, the POTUS learned new ways to keep the American public on its knees!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
I've lost faith in Ron Paul winning the GOP race. People in America are too dumb to realize what's really going on with our government. Ron Paul points out the corruptions in our system over and over again but people will just call him crazy. And the media will just try to suppress his message. The public isn't ready for the truth yet, they loathe it and they fear it. Until something drastic happens, things will never change...

Its not that the American Public is dumb, but that we're ineffective at making any real change in Washington. You realize it; you're not dumb, but there isn't a single thing you can do about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I can't believe we were even given the chance to have this man run for president and he isn't winning in the biggest landslide in history. We're all a bunch of morons

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
I can't believe we were even given the chance to have this man run for president and he isn't winning in the biggest landslide in history. We're all a bunch of morons

Speak for yourself.

Elections are rigged. There is only ONE plutocratic party.

The elite will not leave their absolute power to the whim of the peasantry. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ok its time to make a prediction. Obama will get a second term.

Having said that Dr Paul does make some good points about the FDA. The cost to get a medical product or drug approved by the FDA is ridiculous and does prevent the smaller companies from bringing new beneficial products to market. Not only that but the FDA tend to ignore what is happening in the rest of the world. Take for instance corneal cross linking for Kerataconus. The evidence available from the rest of the world is overwelming that this is a safe and efficacious treatment but the FDA choose to ignore this evidence and still do not allow it.

The overall effect of this is that treatments, therapies and drugs available in the USA fall below those available in the rest of the world and as such the US is falling behind the rest of the world in healthcare. Once the US were the trailblazers in this field, but sadly are no more.

The biggest harm to the future of medical science and advancement has to be George W's banning of stem cell research though. Atotal travisty of a descision IMHO.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
Ron looks tired,...as well he should be...talking real to "journalists" who are just there to try to catch you in a slip up or some other mis-step just to get their reporting to see the light of day in their MSM-B.S. industry can be exhausting for anyone...I'm channeling my soul power to you right now Ron...feel me...

He most likely is tired from the black magic those he is talking about have conjured against him. They do that.

Great to see him saying what he said!

edit on 12/4/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I agree...instead of comparing ourselves to how awful we aren't to other countries, why don't we focus on making America better than itself and use THIS nation as the measuring stick? What, so the bar is now just to be a little bit better than lousy neighbors? What the hell kind of standard is that?

I'm constantly reminded, as you pointed out, that things seem to always be able to be worse...but no one ever flips that same coin. As a nation we should always be striving for excellence in everything we do...not just settling on the tired arguments of how much better off we are relative to others, and how you could be worse off if you lived in country X.

That's not the point.

That is not what America is about, in my honest opinion. We should always be striving to be better tomorrow than we were today.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I had a conversation with someone who was a wise man. He said "you cant change the world, or make it a better place. You can only change yourself, and hope it spreads.". Maybe hes right. Maybe we cant make this world a better place. Maybe we should just change ourselves and hope it spread. Or maybe the rest on the blind in this country could vote for the guy who will help start the process. Hes no longer a wise man to me. Next time you come in contact with someone who isnt about freedom, and liberty, and loves the system.. Thank them for phucking you. I know one day I wont feel dead inside. That day is when corruption perishes.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by guavas

i get that there are "worse" places in the world. But where exactly are these places? Most are war stricken, and probably by our wars. Others are impoverished by the greedy corporations that we complain about. It would seem that "material" items is peoples definition of "better" place. The U.S. Is weak in education, weak in healthcare. The u.s. Falls way behind in time with family. There may be worse places to be, but those people have either been screwed by us, or are fighting for their freedoms. Hmm...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

The problem with their last 4 years is they really don't care what happens as they now have the opportunity to make sure they are set up for the rest of their days financially. as they realize their day has come, under the guise of the lecture circut they get their Payola for their favours they have generated at the expense of the american people,

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
See this is what I love about this guy, he speaks the truth. For pretty much any other politician this is political suicide. But what does that say about our state of affairs when one of the few candidates (the only one in this cycle) that talks about what needs to be talked about is stigmatized not only by both sides of the political spectrum but also the MSM. And what does it say about the legitimacy of our voting process?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
"The People" for the most part, do not want him running our country.
We as Americans, deserve what we are getting and are going to get.

We have proven ourselves unready to handle our freedom and liberty.
It sucks that those of us who ARE ready, have to be drug around by those who aren't but hey,
that's the way democracy works.

This is the most bizarre thing I have ever witnessed.
I can't wrap my head around how people can actually embrace their own slavery and turn a blind eye to all that is going on in this country but,.......They can and they ARE!
I can't wrap my head around the fact that on a website where denying ignorance is the motto there is still no shortage of people who defend the system at ALL COSTS and will stop at NOTHING to make sure you know that it is WORSE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

As long as it is worse somewhere else these people are able to keep their heads firmly planted in the ground.
I don't get it.
I never will
It is so foriegn to my way of thinking and being that I can't even begin to understand it.

We are all at different levels of understanding and willingness to alter our worldviews on a moments notice based on new incoming information. Some people are just NOT comfortable living in a world where there is rampant corruption and most of our congress,senate,judicial,and President himself are bought and paid for. THis is rather unsettling for anyone but for some, it is downright unbearable. These are the people I see everyday. These are the people who surround us. These are the people in the threads who just don't get it.

And, until they are willing to see the demons that are facing them there is little hope of actually dealing with them.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Could'nt have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Most people in the US support Ron Paul or Obama. I think the election is rigged, so we think he doesn't have a chance but he should be up there if it's fair.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Please post your links to back your claims??
Thanks

Google.com and then go read his books or listen to his speeches.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by imawlinn
The only one who repeatedly fights for everyone's rights.

Everyone except the gay community, AIDS victims, and women.

Seems you posted lots of threads in support of Dr. Paul in the past. Did you turn gay, an aids victim or into a woman since then?

I supported Paul for a while. Did a lot of work to promote him and even try to convince others he's the only hope we may have to progress as a nation.

But as time went on, he seemed to get a bit crazier in his ideas. Wiping out whole federal government departments to save money? Are you serious?

He's spot on about bringing our troops home, ending the very expensive drug war, and decreasing our dependence on government handouts. And even though State rights are important, there needs to be federal protection of Women's Rights and Gay Rights (same sex marriage). Paul is against both of those ideas (but I understand where he's coming from, I just disagree with him strongly).

I also disagree with his foreign policy when it comes to ending aid to countries suffering from severe natural disasters or ending AIDS research overseas. Also disagree with his comments about AIDS victims being victims of their own lifestyles. Yep. Being born with a virus is your own fault. Nice one, Doctor.

Paul makes a lot of valid points that you have to agree with as they do make sense and seem like the only logical solutions to our country's current status. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he's perfect or a saint. He's full of flaws and horrible policies. He doesn't represent me or the common man/woman.

I know this site is full of Paul supporters (even though the government is big bad and evil, right?) and they'll come out of the woodwork to dismantle this post and tear me apart, but that's ok. I've accepted the fact they love to troll every bit of the internet, even on non political YouTube videos.

"Oh sweet, a Nelly video. What's the first comment?"

"RON PAUL 2012 WOOO!"

-____-

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thank God somebody is making a fuss about this. But - must face it - Big Pharma has been more or less running the FDA for decades, under both Republicans and Democrats. It even goes back to the 1960s, when Big Pharma ALMOST succeeded in pressuring the FDA to approve Thalidomide for US distribution.

Even if Ron Paul himself got elected, it would take more than wishful thinking to pry Big Pharma out of the FDA, and once that was accomplished once, Big Pharma would plot and probably succeed in creeping right back in.

The simple fact is that Big Pharma is a big element in the US economy; provides a lot of jobs, gives money to lots of politicians, has its tentacles in lots of other influential businesses and institutions. It's almost impossible to imagine how it could be neutered as regards influencing the FDA.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Originally posted by bacci0909

Speak for yourself.

Elections are rigged. There is only ONE plutocratic party.

The elite will not leave their absolute power to the whim of the peasantry. Think about it.

Yeah, of course. But it's still up to us to hold their feet to the fire and demand fairness. We fought to make this country, but haven't fought hard enough to KEEP it

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Don't get mad at me, I was just agreeing with Screwed up there lol.

And I'm agreeing with you: I think that the argument (about so long as America is better than someone else) is disingenuous. America is supposed to show the rest of the world how awesome freedom and liberty are. An example of sorts...and we should continue having high standards for ourselves as a nation, not continuously lowering the bar...that's my opinion anyway.

And you're right...corruption is arguably the worst problem we're facing, and it's unfortunate that Capitalism is most susceptible to it. But I don't think each and every single politician went into politics so they could be corrupt. There's plenty who went into politics to "be that one who changes things for the better," as Ron Paul clearly demonstrates.

The problem I think is that the wind gets sucked out of their sails when they finally get to positions where they can enact change because of the status quo. Some continue to fight (like Paul), while others say, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join