It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A MindBreaking Thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Now let's entertain the idea that New Agers are right about the paths of spirituality via meditation and pineal gland. Also, to entertain the idea as the do, that the Mayans were spiritually and intellectually more advanced than mainstream scholars say. In this idea of the Mayan Calendar certain great cycles represent a shift in dimensions, with that shift comes a pole shift. What if THAT is when the NWO sweeps in and tries to take advantage in the aftermath by attempting to start WWIII. Earth is not the only celestial body that experiences pole shifts. Planetary Schumann resonance must follow with the Sun. When the Sun pole shifts via acceleration of the Schumann Resonance the other planets must follow suit.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofLeod

i dont know if it has to do with other planets,,, what you said reminded me of bible prophecy, of end times, good and evil armies, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Yes, but do not think that means Christianity and its blind faith behind it is the path. Part of convincing the masses is mixing truth with falsehoods so it sounds believable.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofLeod

Im not sure where you coming from and where you are going to with this mindbreaking thought.
Neither am I sure what part would break my mind.

According to you, does the pole shift happen when the dimensions shift or do the dimensions shift because of the pole shift? Are the related, as like there would not be a dimensional shift if there is no pole shift and the other way around. Or are they just accumulating and both can happen next to eachother without any relation. Are they both triggered by something else? What is that?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
You are arguing from assumption.

In adding to the 'Mayan's were right' stream of thought, you may wish to consider that Mayans were pretty kinky about human sacrifice. If we were to follow your assumption we'd be sacrificing people, babies, men, women, children, atop step pyramids for a steady run of free flowing blood on tap ... just in case the gods take notice ... hopefully ... maybe ... or, erm, not.

Since most likely not, all that human sacrifice turns into a rather convenient political tool for anyone in power to gain the 'gods' blessing by putting their enemies, or suspected enemies to the knife.

Please, with that in mind, could you describe which part of sacrificing babies and children in public makes for a more spiritually enlightened and advanced culture?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Did you know that the solar poles flip once every solar cycle. About every 11 years or so. If your theory were correct then wouldn't there be a shift during every solar cycle? Interesting theory though.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofLeod
When the Sun pole shifts via acceleration of the Schumann Resonance the other planets must follow suit.

No they don't.

The sun undergoes a magnetic pole shift every 11 years near the solar maximum, one just happened last month, I mean February.

Solar Pole Shift–NASA.

About all the metaphysical stuff, I'd think it would be hard pressed to conduct repeatable results from laboratory experiments to add credence to the idea of such. Lets just open the door for 'anything imaginable is possible', and we would lose any bases of comparisons, so nothing would matter or could be figured out, like how aspirin is made or why I don't have to worry about getting Polio.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Have you ever thought that the reason the Mayans sacrificed people was because one of their manipulative gods told them it was necessary. Like reptiles require sacrifices and feeding?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I wasn't saying it does that everytime I'm saying that when it occurs via these means the other planets shift with it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snglddy

When dimensions shift poles shift. I'm going off an automatic writing like thing. I'm just really typing what comes to my mind when I consider these things. I believe there is a correlation however between dimensional shifts and pole shifts.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofLeod

Have you ever thought that the reason the Mayans sacrificed people was because one of their manipulative gods told them it was necessary. Like reptiles require sacrifices and feeding?

No, I have never thought that, because, for one, I'm not some vacant minded Christian who's been preconditioned through indoctrination and dogma to see talking reptiles tempting man to do bad things everywhere I look.
Further, blaming man's evils on something like reptiles is a total cop-out. People need to learn to accept responsibility and accountability for the fact that people are nasty, evil, hateful animals all by themselves without need for any outside influence other than other people.

Once humanity can take accountability that it isn't gawd, lizards, aliens, fairies up their butts, leprechauns, or unicorns with dastardly evil mustaches controlling their lives, and that people are entirely at fault for everything bad that every people has done, then, humanity might start growing some peach fuzz of maturity in growing up a little, and possibly letting go of it's childish imaginary friends.

I did, however, once have a pet iguana, a reptile, and as with any pet, all pets require some little bit of sacrifice, care and feeding, but, not once was I ever tempted or compelled to sacrifice babies.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

do you think in the future they will look back at our time in disbelief of abortions ( some think sacrificing babies) or war, sacrificing men and women?

To the op,,, what you said reminded me of the prophecy of revelation from the bible,, i have happened to read it,, i am not religious,,, but if your willing to believe in this stuff you are writing,, and believe that perhaps people can have strange insights,,, the idea of spiritual warfare, and gods army battling on earth during the end of times, sounded like it had some relativity to what you were talking about,.,,.., so the story of revelation could be an imaginative creative story,, or it could be a preemptive self fulfilling prophecy roman officials created back in the day to one day issue in their one world government by the hands of their offspring in the far future,,, or the story of revelation was written by real mystics who received visions of massive future events...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My mind failed to be broken by this thought.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I think that in the future, they will look back and wish that more people had less babies, or more abortions, the way populations are growing and putting larger stresses on standards of living due to increased demands on dwindling resources.

From the standpoint of overpopulation; another world war, nuclear exchange, a a natural mega-disaster, zombies, anything that comes along that can kill off 75% of the world population might actually be a good thing.

From what I understand, there are more people alive right now than the total count of all people that have ever lived and died combined over the entirety of human history.
That's just unacceptable.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

You say stuff like this, yet look down on the Mayans for misguided sacrifices. Even God of Christianity required human sacrifice at one point(firstborn).

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

From what I understand, there are more people alive right now than the total count of all people that have ever lived and died combined over the entirety of human history.
That's just unacceptable.

Who gets to determine what is acceptable and what is not?

Seems to me that the current situation is actually perfectly acceptable, since no-one is actually doing much about it - for example I don't think you are proposing to commit mass murder are you??

But perhaps you are offering to not breed, or to remove yourself from the overpopulation???

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Or the fact that the Mayans didn't sacrifice anywhere even close to the amount of people he is talking about.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I understand you're position and point regarding acceptability since no one seems of any great mind to do anything about populations, as well as most solutions if not all that have ever been proposed are outright draconian, and more unacceptable than just letting humanity eat its own self alive.

What I'm doing about it?
I've already avowed to never have children, and I'm 100% positive I don't have any children, even on accident, and I'm still quite fertile and healthy and able to have children if I wanted, but, choose not to do so. Thank you.

On topic though, Mayans sacrificed people, including women and children. As I stated before, that doesn't really sound much like an advanced culture to me. No, it sounds like a culture that may have had one really cool light-bulb moment of insight when it came to keeping track of time, but, still a culture that was deeply mired in and a product of it's barely out of the stone age primitive roots.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

do we know a lot about ancient cultures sacrifices? maybe it was a form of death penalty for wrong doers,, maybe it was a form of population control,,,

as to telling people they cant reproduce,, the whole point of living beings is to spawn an offspring via ones genetic legacy,, how can you tell a free natural creature of earth they cant continue their family,, an unbroken chain of life since who knows when and how and where,

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yes, next time you have a fungal infection, the common cold, or some other malady, try practicing what you preach about staying your hand in killing off an entire genetic lineage of microbes that are just trying to make a home in your body so they can carry on their reproductive cycle.
I'm next time you get the Flu virus a very stern frowny face and shaking your finger at all those viruses having an orgy of reproduction inside of you will put a stop to all that nonsense straight away.

Next time you get cock roaches, fleas, or any other kind of bug infestation in your house, make sure to let them all know that your totally against population control for any living thing because absolutely noone has a right to tell any other living thing that it can't carry on with it's biological imperative. I'm sure all those bugs will be quite happy with the news.

Thing is, difference between these examples of bugs and microbes and people is that people act pretty much the same, but, we take up an enormous amount of resources compared to the bugs and microbes, and on top of that, we can actually THINK and REASON, and MAKE DECISIONS based on evidence and trends about what;s probably the best thing to do based on information given.

We as thinking beings can see that if we continue to act like viruses, we'll kill our host body, this planet, pretty darned quick based on current trends projected and based off past demographic data sets.

In regard to your first point about punishment for crime, yeah, I'm sure sacrifice was met out for such sorts, but, when you look at the archeaological data, it's hard to imagine what kind of mischief infants, and tiny children, young girls and boys, were getting up to merit such horrible punishments.
Sure, part of the sacrificial game involved captured warriors, adult males that totally knew what they were in for, but, that was only part of the game.
Consider also that these cultures had written language and kept records such that archeaologists actually DO have a pretty darned good clue about quite a lot of many things including sacrifices, reasons for sacrifices, how often sacrifices took place, who was sacrificed, and how much blood was required for any given occasion.

If you're going to make suppositions about ancient cultures, please, at least try to learn something from real scientists about what's known about these cultures instead of lapping up the sweet milk of lies and magical rainbow colored unicorn thinking that flows freely all over youtube.

In case you have zero clue about what kind of stuff was really going in precolumbian South America, ehre's a clip from a rather fun movie titled Apocalypto. It's a really good movie, but extremely brutal.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join