It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we did win the war on terror???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If you want to win the war on terror, get out of their country and leave them alone. Good fences makee good neighbors yet the US gov has it's troops jumping every fence it can.
I am embarrassed to call my country home. Our foreign policy has made us the black sheep of the world.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Bushy I ushered in a "new world order" way back in the long forgotten early 90's. Everything since has been a reflection of this new world order.

I see nothing going back to anything. I see the steady drumbeat of globalization and the eventual collapse of sovereign nations, including the USA. This is what some call "progress" others call it "madness" I am still, as always on the fence about either view point.

But one thing I do believe in is that as long as the majority of people are content with the status quo then there will never be any kind of revolution or uprising, the established order will remain, and those at the top give us just barely enough to make sure there will be no true uprising. They know better than that. They are not going to let things get so bad that the majority of people are homeless, in the streets, stealing for food, dying of minor illnesses, being murdered in huge numbers....they know the effect of that amount of chaos, they will never let it get that desperate for the majority.

They will continue framing our economic collapse as a dip in an otherwise prosperous economy, and they will continue to send the message of hope that our economy is in "recovery mode" and perhaps it is, because if it doesn't recover then they fear the masses in the streets. They have already made sure that all people have basic health care access, and they are already trying to fix the housing problem, to make sure people have at least a roof over their heads. They have a vested Interest in improving the situation, and so I see the ecomomy eventually coming back just enough to lull the masses into their dream filled slumber, dreaming of a hope of a bright future that is always just over the horizon.

We on this forum are the minority that see this all unfolding, and we are alarmed by it, but try telling this to your average joe.....a real swing of the pendulum will only occur when all the average joes turn into people like us. It will take the majority to wake up, and I just do not see that happening.

Nothing is more powerful than an idea, a hope a desire....these things keep the current system in place. Why do you think obamas message was hope? One of the smartest campaigns ever ran, IMO. The psychology behind it was brilliant. The reality of it is vastly different, but as long as the majority believes better days are just around the corner, well y'all get my point, I'm sure!

And if TPIP ever thought for a second that the majority was going to rise up and reclaim their rights, I am sure they have prepared for that as well.

Now I am gonna take off my tin foil hat and go hang out with the sheeps. Baaaaa

<< 1   >>

join