It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we did win the war on terror???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The war on terror so to speak, has preoccupied the people of the United States for ten years now......
Millions have died or been wounded in body soul and spirit......

Paranoia is a national passtime for many goverment employees.....
The TSA, The Homeland Security,the Fusion Centers,The FEMA "Camps"
The FBI, The Secret Service....The Border Patrol,The DEA,The BATF,Hell, even small towns are getting their police forces beefed up with Federal largesse, in the form of APC like armoured vehicles
Think back as far as the Oklahoma tradgedy.......and look how far we have come down the road of
Goverment repression and murder.
The wars we fought, the lives destroyed forever....
My question for your consideration is one that perhaps needs to be answered sooner than later......
Considering the the cost so far in every which way.......and the sacrifices of our personal liberty,
Suppose that at some future date not too distant, that the wars were declared won or lost, as the case may be, and the bulk of Americas combat soldiers came home at last.....
Are things ever going to go back to being the same as they were before all these patriot acts and NDAAs?
The citizens have given up their rights to the leaders of the goverment and the military now......
but suppose we do win the war...are we ever going to get those rights fully returned to us?
Comon people,.....any thinking person with eyes, and a modicum of forethought,can look at what has been established in America, by way of police and intelligence agencies........
After we win....are the TSA guys all gonna go on unemployment like the rest of us are now?
Or do we have to contemplate a lifetime of out of shape, brain dead federal agents frisking and prying, xraying and peering into places we cannot even look ourselves......committing all sorts of stupid and unnessessary problems, and indignities for ordinary travellers who just want to ride a stinking airplane?
The whole point of this seemingly endless round of wars and skirmishes, bombs and bullets,ieds and hellfire missiles comming from out of nowhere......the spys and counterspys and cyberspys and the rest.......
...........What was the point really?......
.......What is the objective?......
There IS no clear cut agenda and NO promise that the restrictive bonds which we have allowed the goverment to tie us hand a foot with......will ever again be loosed from us.....
Its my contention, that nobody, even the ones who think they are in control.....i mean nobody, is now able to do anything but nudge the behemoth beast of war and mayhem which we have created.......where it will ultimately end up is anyones guess....
But when it does die down,,do you really think well get the patriot act rescinded?
That the goverment willingly gives up it right to shoot and kill anybody anywhere in the world at any time, on the presidents say so?
The kind of ultimate power that has been bestowed upon the goverment, and especially the office of president is akin to the divine right of a king........think anyone, once being king, will want to relenquish that kingship to the will of the masses ever again?
Do you trust the Congress is in control sufficiently to guarantee your return to freedom at a future date?
Just askin.................

edit on 11-4-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

it will never end..bush opened up a can of worms when they invaded afgan/iraq now we have to live with it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Terror is a tool used to control the masses.

They don't want us to act out so they control us.

When I say act out, I mean be humans.

It's their way or the highway. You will get a job so you earn money. You will spend money on food and useless stuff that we want to sell you. If you grow your own food you will die from disease, thats why we make laws against it.

It's all about money and cornering every single person to get the most profit.

You can't wage war against the world unless you have the money to do so. The empire doesn't want you educated, the empire doesn't want you well sustained. The empire only wants you smart enough to run the machines and not die of hunger.

Welcome to the real world.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
To answer your final question, No. I do not trust our congress to find a way to return us to Freedom. The War Machine is fully functional and running well and all that money being generated is paying OUR congress to keep it going. There is no end as there is no end to the war on Dr%*s. They will keep creating new "wars" to justify and grease the machinery.

edit on 11-4-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If they already won they wasted time effort and money and now trying to put that time effort and money into good use.

That means you.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So what you are telling me it going to be war rolling onward almost endlessly into the future now for a long time?
How long?do you ever expect to see freedom again?I mean in your lifetime........

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I have a limited amount of freedom everyday. Part of that came to me when I decided to stop fearing the government and allowed myself the tools I need to get by.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
After the "War on Terror"?

It'll be the "War on Horror".
or
"The War on Tooth Decay".
or
"The War on People Who Really Annoy Me In The Lines To Get Tickets To A Film"
or
"The War on Uncomfortable Shoes".

Either way, they'll try to find a way to perpetuate the current level of conditioning.

In my humble opinion, of course.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
then we'd declare war on immigration, guns, outsourcing, imports etc

but mostly, something else with an imperial interest, ie, war on communism, war on nuclear proliferation, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

So basically wed all declare war on ourselves and then commit suicide.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yeah, this. They'll just replace terror with another invisible enemy to dupe people into fearing. And people will be duped, they will be spoon fed all they need to know, and they'll lap it up, and join what ever armed forces they're told to. Just like with this war, which will probably never end. I mean, those weapons and misiles won't sell themselves if there's no war, and that's what it's really about. Money. Screw the lives and cash those cheques!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I posted this earlier. Regretfully in the wrong forum.

Long story short though, the economy is not getting better.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Pandora's Box was opened and will never be shut....

That was a very well written piece, Stirling.

-Starling.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
- Who are the real terrorists -

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The only way to win a war on terror is too not fear any longer.

They will always find a way to make you fear.

That way they can do with you as they will.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

So basically wed all declare war on ourselves and then commit suicide.

yea

well we declared war on terrorism yet we're still around..

so i figure the same applies for nuclear proliferators

and communist s- there can only be ONE

US!

e pluribus unam!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

It's "right at your door" if you researched that statement. That could ensure your survival or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

You can be certain the war on terror will never get won until those who organised it want it to stop

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The "war on terror" will never be won because there is no tangible objective. We are chasing a mirage, swinging blindly at an unseen enemy. Ironically, this "war" will be won not by terrorists, but by our government tearing itself and our country apart. Bin Laden stated that his objective was to run the US into bankruptcy.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well Gentlewomen, and Gentlemen of course,
It seems we are agreed of one thing................concensus says It will Never end.......
The theme of your replies, that we will be fighting an uphill battle to recieve back the freedoms legeslated from our lives.

When are we, as men, and women, of good faith,just normal humans,going to admit that we have been hornswoggled by the PTB, and change the direction of our lives???
For each and every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action.....or....the pendulum swings BOTH ways!
At what poin would you say that we will find ourselves at the ultimate edge of the pendulums swing?
That point where things will , with increasing momentum start the other way, towards freedom,towards the dignity of man, towards the peace that everyone talks about, but few truely persue.???
Tha way i see it, the pendulum is reaching that limit of swing where re-action will begin.....
Like a chemical reaction, the critical amounts of ingredients have been mixed.............. with the proper stimulus supplied, we will see the other side of the bell curve, the backswing of lifes pendulum.
What will this point be for you personally?
When they come for you?
What do you do passively, to alter the course of things?
How can we passively put the brakes onto this erosion of freedom and the usurpation of the bill of rights?
If we agree on the above consencus, then is it not time we began to take personal, and group actions to get the pendulum going the other way?back towards freedom?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join