It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk With Me [WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My last one for the month and I can't wait till the next one and good luck to all and I hope you enjoy this tale.

Walk With Me [WRC]

We must have been in hiding for months and we stayed in the forest, we would sometime go to the edge of the tree line to look out at the little town and we could see there was still movement. We headed back to the camp and I told my son that they where still in the town and we had to be patient because we didn’t want to give our position away. He wanted a change of scenery and maybe he was right, I often wondered if there was anybody near by and we sure could use some supplies and a decent bed to lie on and maybe an ice cold coke sitting some where with my name on it.

From time to time we would come across them and we take care of them easily and we wouldn’t bring attention to ourselves if we did it quietly. I sometimes woke to him crying in his sleep and it just breaks my heart, he was so close to his mother and every time I heard him like that it hurt like hell. I wonder how it happened and why? Did it take over so fast, they must have known that it was happening everywhere and we seen signs on the news,
I think maybe they where here for a long time and the media kept a tight lip on the situation or they had to.

The next morning we went for walk down the river and farther than we used to go because we felt staying in one place meant we would eventually be rescued. The water looked amazing as the suns light was flickering around the waves, but that was spoiled by the bodies floating with current. We turned away and we kept walking till we had to take a rest and so we sat down for awhile and caught are breath, it was short lived by a scream echoing through the trees.

We had no idea where it was coming from and it was quite terrifying and it sent shivers up and down my spine. The echo was bouncing off everywhere and then we heard a shot and I remember thinking that is not good, we finally got a view of the person screaming and firing but sadly their was no chance of saving him. We ran away because they where coming are way and their was thousands of them and my boy was tiring, so I picked him up and continued running till I could not even move my legs anymore and I just collapsed.

I sat up, still breathing heavily and trying to calm my boy down because he was shaking like the time they took his mother and I had no idea how to explain this to him. We took are time and got our selves together and tried to find are bearings and I figured we where lost and we had no way of getting back to our camp. We needed a place to crash for the night and we started looking for a good sheltered area with a lot of cover, we finally agreed on an old tree with a hallow opening.

Morning came with an army of them walking past our tree and I did not want to wake up my son because he would surely get hysterical and give up our haven. They walked and walked for what seemed like an hour and I thought it was clear, so I woke up Gunnar and we crept out of the tree and stood up. Gunnar screamed as we where face to face with the beasts and sure enough they moved toward us and I didn’t know which way to go. We booked it down a path and seemed we where getting funnelled into a trap and they where so close they grabbed Gunnar’s jacket and we fought are way to a ledge over looking the river and we jumped. We swam to the other side of the bank and we looked back and we could see them still coming and falling over the edge.

We continued on to a clearing and what looks like an abandoned town maybe from the early eighteen hundreds sometime and we could see that not a soul has been here in long while. The town was a typical old mining town, a lot of old saloons and hotels and some of the places where to old to even hide out in. the bulk of the things we found their where junk and some valuable weapons like an old sword that was rusted but still could be worked to near perfection.

We didn’t want to spend the night right in the town itself, so we looked around and found an old entrance to a cavern they used to mine gold and we made camp not to deep inside. They day was still young and we continued to forage for food and again they came from everywhere, we had no choice to ditch all that we found and leave it. We ran like hell to get a step ahead of them but they numbered in the thousands and it was like we where being hunted down like animals. Gunnar fell as they went for his leg and we struggled but somehow I got him loose we made it out of another sticky situation or so I thought.

We got to the town where we barricaded the door shut to the hotel and I knew something was wrong because Gunnar was crying and shaking.”Dad” he said “come here I need to show you something” so I made my way to him and he showed me a bite mark on his calf and began to cry and so did I. “what’s going to happen to me dad” I had nothing to say but “I don’t know”

“Are you going to kill me too like you did mom” and I looked at him with eye’s that could start a river and I said “No I won’t” “but you have to” he said and my thought was clear and I could never do that to my son even though he was becoming like them. “What are you going to do dad” and the only thing I could say was “bite me too” deep inside I felt I was tired of running and I didn’t want him to go through it alone and besides they where to many and I was going to become lunch soon enough.

“Are you sure dad” he said and he bit me on the forearm and he looked up at me and said “are you going to walk with me” and I knelt down beside him and said “yes” and all I could remember was that he became so tired that he fell asleep and I sat their thinking and suddenly everything came flashing through my mind, I saw all that I ever did in my life flash before my eyes , from Gunnar’s birth to my wedding and to the time I lost my dad and then the light dimmed and than blackness.

The end.

edit on 10-4-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

If the sunlight rules the day, then the moon rules the night, and a bite from a vampire makes you immortal. It's an interesting take on this month's theme, because if you can't rule over your own soul, what can you rule over?

By being bit, the characters yield their humanity, but by yielding, it leads into further possibilities of a sequel where they conquer humanity.

Yeah, I read too much, too much in. SnF.

Catch you next month.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I can always tell when a story has me in its clutches, because I want to read faster, and images flash in my mind, keeping pace with the story. Good title to your story also. Not a happy ending, but fitting.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

I can always tell when a story has me in its clutches, because I want to read faster, and images flash in my mind, keeping pace with the story. Good title to your story also. Not a happy ending, but fitting.

Thank you for your kind words and i am glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

If the sunlight rules the day, then the moon rules the night, and a bite from a vampire makes you immortal. It's an interesting take on this month's theme, because if you can't rule over your own soul, what can you rule over?

By being bit, the characters yield their humanity, but by yielding, it leads into further possibilities of a sequel where they conquer humanity.

Yeah, I read too much, too much in. SnF.

Catch you next month.

It's funny you said that about a sequel and it so happens i have one but was debating if I should go ahead and post it but I think I'll wait for the weekend.

new topics

top topics

join