It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indictment against Organized Religion in the US, economic sanctions, and bans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by autowrench

"Lucifer" is what we call him before he fell, Luciferians go by that name because they teach he never fell from heaven. "haSatan" is "accuser" in the Hebrew, it's a title, not a proper name, it means "the accuser".

Now that the basics are out of the way, lets continue.

And no one has to teach me anything about Christianity and Religious Theology, I researched and studied this for a great many years, probably more years than you have been alive, friend.

Get your money back, you failed the Hebrew massively. I just destroyed 35 years of your study with two paragraphs.

You have not distroyed anything except you own credibilty. Lucifer is a Spanish/Latan language term and when used in the Mason sense of things it is totally about the theme of greater truth and truth given the light of day. The Latan definition.

Just like you always attempt to mislead everyone off the theme of Nimrod, Tammuz, and Semiramis with tossing out Moloch all the time, you do these same intentional misleading games here with the Lucifer term.

You are doing you same dishonest spin games again in your typical attempts to evade the truth.

Masons and Diests designed the US Constitution, and now you attempt to tell the US that these folks that had the US People's best interests in mind are some sort of Devil worshopers. These Masons and Diests were wise enough to make complete separation of church and state because they didn't want Kings or crazy Religious mantra to distroy the US with endless wars as happened in Europe.

Your dishonesty, in the name of the organized church, is totally obvious. imho

You evade the truth at every turn. You are a member of the Beasts of the End Times and a raging anti-Christ peacher for the Church of Satan.

edit on 11-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Corruption at every turn from the organized church in these End Times of their telling great lies

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Just get on with teaching us what Manlry P. Hall says will you. You know you want to, you're a fundamentalist just like I am.

And no, "Hylel" is crescent moon in Hebrew. The Hebrew text calls him "Hylel", Lucifer is the Latin transliteration. Lucifer means "light bearer", just as the moon bears the light of the Sun when the Earth gets in the way.

Masons and Diests designed the US Constitution, and now you attempt to tell the US that these folks that had the US People's best interests in mind are some sort of Devil worshopers.

Only the elite Masons, (32 & 33 degrees) are given the "light", they say the common Mason is too stupid to receive it and deserves to be deceived. That "light" they speak of is that Lucifer is the one true god.

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Just get on with teaching us what Manlry P. Hall says will you. You know you want to, you're a fundamentalist just like I am.

And no, "Hylel" is crescent moon in Hebrew. The Hebrew text calls him "Hylel", Lucifer is the Latin transliteration. Lucifer means "light bearer", just as the moon bears the light of the Sun when the Earth gets in the way.

You are an out of control heritic in every sense of the words and I'm not like you in any way at all.

One more lie. I consider you the problem, not the solution or even having the intelligence to see solutions.

You are part of those that we call the deceivers, the dishonest ones that pull the wool over people's eyes. imho

edit on 11-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Deceivers of the Organized Church exposed

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'm deceiving no one friend, (I use that term in the loosest of tenses), Many P. Hall and Albert Pike say the exact same thing, I'm just quoting them.

Read "Morals and Dogmas" sometime. I can quote it if you wish.

Only the elite Masons, (32 & 33 degrees) are given the "light", they say the common Mason is too stupid to receive it and deserves to be deceived. That "light" they speak of is that Lucifer is the one true god.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Masons and Diests designed the US Constitution, and now you attempt to tell the US that these folks that had the US People's best interests in mind are some sort of Devil worshopers.

Never refer to me as a friend of yours, even in jest, as I reject the idea. You are the corrupter of man, no friend of mine.

Perhaps you can't read. The Masonic use of the word is only in the use of the Spanish term, and there is not an association to Hewbrew or anything else other that truth and light. The Mason had the same term in use when they designed the US Constitution based upon truth and light and freedom from religion's nutty ideas.

You have deliberately attempted to tell the term in that use is one of evil inclination, which was an is false.

The Mason's teach using symbolism and drama, and it is a learning curve that leads and builds to the ulitimate of truth, and it means the 33 rd step of the ladder to enlightenments or that of highest truth and the truth exposed in full daylight. In any learning process, one never begins as an expert and their should be some reward for the completion of the learning steps up the ladder. That reward goes against the corrupt teachings of the organized church and is something that can be changed only gradually with more and more proof added to the theme and learning curve, until it becames no possible to deny the upper truth.

That upper truth is there are no miracles in the Bible texts, only examples of man telling faked up stories to gain power and control over others. It is also that Jesus never died on any tree and survived the event. The biggest lessons are there were no miracles from god, just the simple things of Mother Nature's ways fabricated into nutty stuff using words about god this and that.

edit on 11-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Attempts to mislead the uses of words taken out of context

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

God help us,

here we go again with MagnumOpus's shenanigans,

I wonder where you copy and pasted this anti-Christ propaganda from?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You are a member of the Beasts of the End Times and a raging anti-Christ peacher for the Church of Satan.

Luciferian dogma. ^^^

Come on, grow a pair, start telling the thread about Manly P. Hall and singing his praises like he sings the praises of Lucifer in his books.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

God help us,

here we go again with MagnumOpus's shenanigans,

I wonder where you copy and pasted this anti-Christ propaganda from?

Should I start posting Manly P. Hall and Albert Pike's quotes about Lucifer being the true god?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Perhaps you can't read. The Masonic use of the word is only in the use of the Spanish term, and there is not an association to Hewbrew or anything else other that truth and light. The Mason had the same term in use when they designed the US Constitution based upon truth and light and freedom from religion's nutty ideas.

You're lying.

Come one, tell us all about Mr. Hall and how Luciferianism is the one true religion we should all bow down to. You do that in all the other threads, why not here? Because I called out your real intent wasn't to rail against religion, but to promote your's at the expense of another one?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You're lying.

Come one, tell us all about Mr. Hall and how Luciferianism is the one true religion we should all bow down to. You do that in all the other threads, why not here? Because I called out your real intent wasn't to rail against religion, but to promote your's at the expense of another one?

You still can't read with comprehension. You are as illiterate as the come.

Truth is the one true religion, as it make the world one again.

Even the CIA Motto tells, The Truth Will Set You Free.

The quest of the Masons was seeking the highest truth of religion, and that went totally against the organized churches presentations of mircales and gods. The organized church is about promoition of lies to man to gain power and wealth. Money corrupts absolutely, and the corrupt churches main goal is money.

Learning that goes totally against what most are taught by these corrupt churches in their efforts to gain money, and it takes time and lots of learning before a Mason climbing the ladder to truth can be told this highest truth. Unlearning the lies of the organized churches is a learning process, and that truth seeking tells the organized churches fabricated a lot of non-sense on gods.

Jesus isn't god, never has been, and never will be----no matter how many lies you attempt to fabricate. imho

All Pike tells is the lower level Masons are not ready for learning that the organized church is totally corrupt until they complete the learning steps up the ladder of truth and knowledge. The upper level is the truth, the light, the all seeing eye, the one truth after all else has been examined and eliminated. That is level 1 for the pyramid of truth. The finish line is truth and the wool can no longer be pulled over your eyes, and your elevation leaves no doubt for what you have seen and learned.

In this process of learning there are large libraries with many books of references, hundreds of books and history that all support the organized churches are faked up nonsense.

George Carlin was absolutely right about religion and it doesn't even take a Mason to discover the truth. The Masons should really come out of the closet and just tell the organized church is a bunch of deceivers of man.

edit on 11-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Going up the Mountain of truth----the process of climbing out of the depths of deceit

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm deceiving no one friend....

Actually, I have seen you deceive many people in your posts. All you know is Jesus/Satan/Demon/Jesus/Satan/Demon and everyone's going to Hell but you and your kind. Enjoy your stay there, friend. There is no author of evil except your God Yahweh, who is a Reptilian Dragon.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Actually, I have seen you deceive many people in your posts. All you know is Jesus/Satan/Demon/Jesus/Satan/Demon and everyone's going to Hell but you and your kind. Enjoy your stay there, friend. There is no author of evil except your God Yahweh, who is a Reptilian Dragon.

Hello AutoWrench,

I been reading some of your threads and you are on target. Obviousaly, Getting a huge number of stars because you hit the nail on the head for lots of ATS readers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Christianity is Pure Brainwashing and appears how Hitler learned the Craft, and it takes a little time to deprogram those exposed to such a stream of liars that so exploit the world.

Excellent Job !! Keep up the Good Work.

edit on 11-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Biggest Lies are being exposed and the people de-Programmed from buying nonsense

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have to disagree with MagnumOpus. I am a Traditional Catholic and I don't feel ignorant. The Church does not try to stifle or persuade me to not be a Physicist/Engineer. The Church does not try to persuade me from being involved in politics, as I am. The Church does not limit my creativity or clarity of thought.

In fact, they do quite the opposite. Anyone who does not believe science and religion do not mix needs to actually study science. I find it preposterous when people who do not understand the fundamentals of a religion or scientific theory try to tell me I am ignorant for believing what I believe. The same goes for political stand points.

There is NO PROBLEM with me being having conservative values. Is it wrong for me to not want to see mostly naked men and women on public TV? You know what, I know it is on there so I don't watch it. Actually, I don't watch TV because I am spending my time building a future for myself and working tirelessly towards my goals instead of wasting time complaining about things.

Am I wrong for believing marriage is between a man and a woman? Not at all. Marriage is a religious institution, not a government one. If the government told me I couldn't marry my fiance I would not give two sh%&s about it. It is not within their power, but a sacrament within my faith.

Is it wrong to believe in gender roles? No! I am not forcing anyone to maintain them, so back when other people want to live by them. Some of us see the benefits of living that way and prefer it to the negative effects modern family life brings.

Am I wrong for wanting to grow my own food and raise my own cattle? Not at all, in fact my faith encourages this type of living. You might call me crazy for not wanting GMOs or messed up processed food, but I don't care. If we let the government and "modern" people have their way, I would be forced to eat it. As for now, you and your views are not forced upon me.

There double edged sword with what you are saying here. Without some core fundamental beliefs that are supported by religious people, the modern society would lose interest in these issues. The only people I know that are concerned about this are people who have some sort of religious background. This may be Native American beliefs, Jewish, Christian, ect. This is not to say these are the only people who care, only the ones I have noticed.

I wasn't always in the Catholic faith, but converted after 6 years of studying the world religions. I finally ran into the Traditional Catholics, which had everything I was looking for.

I am still a scientist/engineer. I am still a farmer. I am still an chef. I still fix my own vehicles, house, electronics, and whatever else I can. I am still building my own renewable energy supply for my property. I am still involved in politics when the issues involve ones I believe in, such as less regulations regarding what I am allowed to do or not to do. I still purify my own batteries and oil, thus recycling my own energy storage containers. I replant what I take from the earth. I teach my family and friends these skills. I do not turn down people who need help, whether they believe something different than I do. In fact, I go out of my way to help people, feed the hungry, help the poor (even though I don't have much).

Everything I have I have earned through years of hard work. I then help my community build their own windmills and teach them how to grow/raise their own food. Even if they are gay!!!!! Wow! The Church does not teach us to kill these people, just not to live life like them.

So, if you could clarify where I am ignorant and ruining society with my beliefs. I am actually helping a lot of people in my opinion. However, I must admit that I do not like a certain group of people. Anyone who is willfully ignorant, lazy and unwilling to build their own dreams and want society to do it for them, and anyone who is angry enough at the world to hate gays, religious folk, atheists, lower class, or rich people.

Stop it and build a better world not full of animosity. Live your life the way you want, I wont stop you so don't try to step on me for being a Traditional Catholic.

Make yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inductance
I have to disagree with MagnumOpus. I am a Traditional Catholic and I don't feel ignorant. The Church does not try to stifle or persuade me to not be a Physicist/Engineer. The Church does not try to persuade me from being involved in politics, as I am. The Church does not limit my creativity or clarity of thought.

This is a long commentary, mostly about your conservation methods and environmental stewardship. All that is really good, but I don't recall seeing that in tradiational Catholic Church.

So, lets do a little exploration. Churches tends to be a catch all phrase. So, using this as a starting point, some churches tell that god decided to distroy New Orleans with the Katrina Hurricane because the city had become so evil. Did god really decice to teach New Orleans a lesson for its evil?

Now, let do a time and location shift to the area of Soddom and Gomorrah, where it is also told that god distroyed these cities because they became so wicked that they offended the Lord. Did the Lord or god really decide to kill off those cities and put them under a Lake of Fire?

This gets into what are the central concepts presented as god in the Bible's Narratives, which I think the tradiational Catholics endorse as the true words of god.

I am an engineer type also and do my own cars, have alternative energy systems and such-----and run on logic and critical thinking.

When I look at Soddom and Gomorrah, I do see the area was distroyed and it stemmed from the East African Rift Zone effects that basically formed the Dead Sea Basin due to a huge tectonic plate problem there. I also see the issues of asphalt coming up from the bottom of the Dead Sea that forms from the proximity of the oil deposits of that region in combination with the heat of this volcanic associated fault area.

When one sees results and association to this type effect one expects that volatile surfur will be driven from the rocks below to be condensed higher up in the fault zone, and not just that but things like hydrogen sulfide and hydrogen fluoride from the heated systems below. Exposures to hydrogen fluoride causes afrodesiac effects in persons exposed to tiny amounts and it also causes health effects with long term low level exposures.

It is known this that this East Africa Rift zone is volcanically active from time to time and it is plausible that this activity could well have been both the reason why the peoples of this area were affected by chemical toxins in the air, water, and food chain. It could be just as plausible that this fault became much more active and started to spill out hot basalt flows that set the sulfur deposits on fire causing the hell fire and brimstone effects and also the Lake of Fire issues. The fault zone could have also released a bubble of oil from down below, that floats upon the water. It is also spoken that most of these cities sank beneath the Dead Sea, and that speaks to the fault zone's being extremely active and causing subsidence.

So, since good Catholics subscribe to the Bible being the words of god, is it correct to allow people to believe that there is a god that took an active role in the distruction of Soddom and Gomorrah, or was it the luck of the draw for these people that picked a bad place to settle, like the people of Pompey? Or is it more proper to explain all these actions as the workings of Mother Nature and there not being an real associations of god setting off to distroy these two cities because they became so demented of morals.

How come god didn't distroy Pompey? Or is it just the embellishment of the story telling?

Have you and the Catholic Church clarifed this is nothing more special than Mother Nature's ways that produced the perverse sexual issues there, as well as worsened to cause the cities destruction by fire and brimstone and even a Lake of Fire? Have you and the church provided the deeper insights to correct everyone's thinking?

Then, is it correct for religionist to tell that New Orleans was distroyed by god for being evil due to the many chemical and oil refinery pollutants there that take their toll on person's health. Is it proper to pass off New Orleans as a new Biblical Flood to punish evil?

Was it any more proper for the people writing the Biblical Narratives to pass off that Soddom and Gomorrah was distroyed by Fire because god hated them also? Or is the truth that the these people's health and sexual drives were affected by the chemical factors associated with the faults chemical and petroleum issues on health, and these problems worsened to become the more massive issues of Sulfur fires and Oil and Asphalt releases to the surface of the Dead Sea.

Is it in any way proper to allow religion to present this as an active attack by god to punish these people, or is it more proper to tell these people were just affected by seriously bad choice of a place to live along a very active Rift Zone that intersects oil deposits deep underground?

There are many more of these type examples in the Bible's Narratives that are played up as god did this and that, but the simple reality is these were all issues of Mother Natures well know effects today, and hardly considered god setting off to punish someone or active cooperation with man. When Earth Sciences meet these embellished religion stories, one doesn't seem to find god actively out to distroy wicket humans.

Have you been honest with yourself in flushing out these Earth Sciences issues and asking the church to stop embellishing the story into god killed these people without explaining the extended issues of the Rift Zone and Oil deposit effects?

Depending upon your answer, this type issue of embellishing simple nature's effects into god did this and that might be the issue of the ignorance to which I speak of the organized churches being out of control.

I forgot to tell you, I also study Earth Sciences, Geology of the Middle East, and its minerology. Do you?

Have you been honest in exposing these issues and tell us where and how, and if your church has done so?

edit on 11-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Simple Logic of Mother Nature, not the active intentions of god to distroy man---fear mongering stories.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I would be in favour of eliminating all tax favoritism for non-profits, churches, charitable contributions, etc.

On the other hand, churches should be able to campaign for candidates if they want.

Separation of church and state.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

How about you respond to what I said to you instead of what I said to others?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Most of the Bible's Narratives are written in an allegorical style and never meant to be taken literally, yet these illiterate Organized Churches promote false miracles from these intentional deceptions of the truth

How do you know they were not meant to be taken literally? Did you write them? No? I thought so. So in other words you're promoting your own opinion as truth on your quest to whore for stars.

Churches that promote hate against Gays need to immediately be shut down, closed, and lose any 501C3 rating. Harsh economic sanctions need to be placed on churches teaching issues that go against established science in the areas of evolution, origin of the Human in Africa, and many other allegorical issues that are plainly and intentionally misrepresented to the population of the US.

Advocating for Totalitarianism eh? You should be tried for treason and executed. You're an affront to any true american and you would gladly see our bill of rights further eroded. Churches do not "promote hate" against homosexsuals. You are misinformed. Prove humans evolved from apes. Were you there to see it yourself? No? Then it's called speculation. The bible would call it "bearing false witness" which is tantamount to outright lying. You cannot attest to evolution, you nor anyone else saw it happening, it's conjecture.

Churches have become a serious threat to the US National Security via promotion of disruption in America via outrageous drama being presented as facts. It has come time to realize that organized religion can work against the Government and the intelligence and unity of the American People.

More opinion dressed up as fact? We pay our taxes, we go to work and we come home, and we read our bibles and learn about our forefathers and how to be a good person by not lying, stealing, murdering, and screwing other people's wives while we volunteer for community projects and helping the poor and needy who cannot make ends meet when their "government" fails them. Seems to me an awful lot lately that you and people like you are taking this country away from what made it great to begin with, which is belief in Jesus the Christ which has been apart of this country for 400 years. In fact, we can say that it is you and those like you who are destroying this country as you seek to violate our individual right to freedom of religion as our children can no longer pray in school or hold prayer meetings, yet they must learn evolution even though they may not believe in it. Hypocrisy much?

Christians are inherently destructive of logic and order, and maintain an extreme level of ignorance and trumped up non-sense from organized religion's marrage to Babylon's values.

More opinion dressed up as fact. We are doctors and nurses, teachers and librarians. We are police officers and military servicemen/women. We are the truck drivers who deliver the food you eat that keeps ingrates like you alive. We protect you and those like you, and we ask nothing in return, and if you needed help we would gladly offer it free of charge. Infact we contribute to order, not chaos. Are we ignorant? We go to college, get degrees just lke everyone else and promote family values that keep our children out of prison and out of trouble with the law.

Organized Religion is one in the same with the Ideals of Constantine and that is the promotion of Empire and not individual freedoms.

So far all i have seen in this thread is nothing but your opinions. You are a very opinionated person, your bias shows your hatred, and yet you accuse us of hating. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple and unadulterated. A hypocrite who would love to illegally force his opinions onto other people and violate the same individual rights and freedoms you claim we violate. Christians do not support imperialism. Jesus never sanctioned us to gain worldly power and worldly wealth, but rather give it up, and if a man asks for our cloak to give him our shirts also. The very ideals you "claim" to love about this country were founded on christian principles yet here you are claiming we are the problem?

Sir, you are nothing but a hatefilled monster hellbent on forcing his own will onto other people in lieu of violating their personal rights and freedoms to create your self styled neo-nazi regime. For a person who claims we are ignorant and illiterate, you're very transparent to us that you sit in your basement all day and brood on your hate. Do you hate us because we are happy? Do you hate us because we are free in our King?

All i see is a jealous and petulant child throwing a tantrum while injecting his own opinions into the mix in advocacy of further eroding our nation's Constution and subsequent Bill of Rights to create his own Idealized Neo-Nazi Regime of Totalitarianism.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think we've seen how the Catholic Church pays its taxes when they go out to buy Sacramental Wine, especially that wine used for church retreats. They don't pay taxes on the wine, as the church buys it tax free. Thus, lots of the Catholics are known as alcoholics and the stereotypical Priest is always shown to have a bottle in the desk drawer.

It doesn't really stop there are lots of the church properties are tax exempt and there are other ways to dodge taxes like Parish Property. So, the churches, in large part, free-load and don't pay taxes.

Then there is the ultimate good of the churches covering up for sex abuses, talk about infallability, what a joke.

It doesn't stop there as the churches promote that natural events, to which man had no say so, were god telling man this or that and that fabricated into some kind of miracles or hate to scare people into thinking the churches have some sort of sway on Natural Disasters. What bogus balogna these churches do attempt to foist onto man. Nothing more than Volcano Worshipping Witch Doctors shaking around old bones to fool the masses. It has become a systematic issues of fabricated lies about natural events to scare people and collect 10 percent of their income to further promote telling more people the same lies of natural events embellished into god did this or that. What a total system of balogna.

It promotes a system where telling lies is OK, and that either makes for the general acceptance for telling huge fabricated lies or makes for the population becoming slowly schizophrenic like due to having to buy untruths to get along. These are not good and positive things instilled into any population, but things that drive down the system into depravity. Such is the reason for indictments against the organized church and the need to legislate against these harmful attempts to fabricate false stories as truth.

You Sir, are nothing more than Satan's creed, intend on doing harm to your fellow man's understanding and seeking to Free-Load from paying taxes and claiming you are somehow better than everyone else. For you religion has become a drug that makes you think reading one book has made you all knowing, when the book you read is all about misleading man into subserviance and gaining access to his purse.

I think most of the world will have doubts of any good you claim to do when the first evidence from the church is the fabrication of fanciful tales of god that end up being nothing more than embellished stories of Mother Nature's big events, to which man had no control and Mother Nature didn't pay any attention toward man standing in the wrong places when these events occured. Satans ways have always been to tell man lies to suck him into doing the biddings of Satan. I see no values in pagan tales of Witch Doctor Volcano Worship like claims that pull in people to the big lies of the Bible's claims toward knowledge and knowing god, when it is nothing more that embellished stories of Nature's ways and Disasters.

It is persons like you that come along, spewing with all their vitrol, that junks up any intelligent conversations on these religion threads, and sets up the ultimate of examples for human's lacking intelligence. You are nothing more than the weak minded, The Beast of the End-Times Prophecy. imho

It has come time for the world not to be led by the weak of mind that buys into Witch Doctor volcano worship left over from the Pagan world of fabricated nonsense posed as man's closeness to god.

The world will advance and be led by the Critical Thinkers that seek the ultimate truths as their religion that promotes freedom along with intelligence, and rejects the low minded tales of fear mongering from the organized churches false mantra.

edit on 12-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Reason for the indictment against organized religion is to curb people like this one.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
A few References from More Intelligent Sources than the vitrolic creed here:

Let us take note that Freud also found Volcano Worshippers:

========

www.themystica.org...

Following other historical resources, as Freud does, Moses is said to leave Egypt and settle for sometime in the region of Meribat-Qades, an oasis abundant with springs and well in the country south of Palestine between the eastern end of the Sinai Peninsula and the western end of Arabia. It was here, not in Egypt, that the Jewish people adopted a new religion, possibly adopting the worship of the god Jahve (Freud does not indicate it but this deity probably evolved into Yahweh) from an Arabic tribe of Midianites living in the area, and other neighboring tribes who worshipped this god too. Jahve was a volcano god; therefore, this specifies the place where the new religion was adopted since there are no mountains or volcanoes in Egypt, the only active volcanic record on that period is on the western border of Arabia. Despite the Biblical description of the God, historical Jahve was described as "an uncanny, bloodthirsty demon who walks by night and shuns the light of day.

--------

Perhaps the duration of Moses' rule is Biblically described as the "wandering in the wildness." One might imagine the quarrels, fights, and wrangling which took place and culminated in the violent murder that was kept secret. No doubt people were wavering under Moses leadership and falling away from the new religion which seems to be partially described in the description of the worshipping of the golden calf. One wonders why Freud does not expand this incident more fully because the events surrounding it could very well pinpoint the time of the murder. As Freud points out, the incident definitely does not place the acceptance of the new religion at Qades, but at the foot of Mount Sinai-Horeb, a mountain displaying signs of volcanic eruption. When Moses returned from the mountain, according to the Bible, he saw the people worshipping the image of the golden calf and went into a tyrannical rage. When he the people dancing about the calf his anger flared and he smashed the tablets which God gave him upon the mountain. Moses' act of breaking the tablets has to be has to be seem symbolically as "he has broken the law," which is inscribed to Moses himself to impute his angry indignation. Then he smashed the calf, burned it in fire, ground it to pieces, scattered it upon water which he forced the children of Israel to drink.

======

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com...

Yahweh the Volcano God
'[The Hebrew God] was, through and through, a mythic-level production: a geocentric, egocentric, anthropocentric local volcano god...' READ MORE

'Jahve [i.e. Yahweh] was certainly a volcano-god.' READ MORE

'It is very clear from descriptions in the Hebrew Bible, that Yahweh, the god of the ancient Hebrews is a raging volcano god.' READ MORE

'The title "Jealous/Zealous" is also appropriate for a god represented by a volcano, as was Yahweh by the smoky and fiery Mt. Sinai.' READ MORE

'Yahweh was the god of the southern Palestinian tribes, who associated this concept of deity with Mount Horeb, the Sinai volcano. Yahweh was merely one of the hundreds and thousands of nature gods which held the attention and claimed the worship of the Semitic tribes and peoples.' READ MORE

'Yahweh was originally a volcano god, a god of thunder, lightning, and earthquakes who often manifested himself in fire (viz. the burning bush).' READ MORE

'Several generations later, the Jews came under a new religion devoted to the worship of Yahweh, a blood thirsty and demonic volcano God.' READ MORE

==========

Note of clarification: Moses Mtn. of Fire was not the classical volcano with laval and basalt flows, but one of volcanic in nature with a vent on a high mountain. The underground volcanic rift zone effects intersected petroleum deposits that distilled volatile gases that exited the mountain's vent and caught fire blackening the top of the Mountain from the flames. A similar Rift Zone intersection with petroleum deposits occurs with the Dead Sea and Soddom and Gomorrah story and to this very day the asphalt blocks still appear on the Dead Sea from those Rift Zone heating on petroleim deposits making asphalt.

edit on 12-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Religionists that omit the obvious are called untruthful, the deceivers of man

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The Indictment Continues:

======

www.theotokos.org.uk...

By 1907, Freud was writing papers that were deeply hostile to religion, claiming that there were similarities between neurotic behaviour and religious rituals. This observation was based on his study of a handful of disturbed patients.

--------

Freud thought that if you introduce religion to children before the age of reason, it would lead to a prohibition of thought and neurotic control of impulses through repression: “Religion is patently infantile, so foreign to reality. It is painful to think that the great majority of men will never be able to rise above this view of life.” Religion needs to be replaced by science.

=========

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join