It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one in south Florida seeing this?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Human_Alien

You think everyone believes Ed Walters is a fraud? You're trying so hard aren't you?

Well i was just about to say i read/heard about the Gulf Breeze case when you were likely not born yet, but since you stated your age earlier i would be wrong doing so

Uhm...no, not "everyone" believes Ed Walters is a fraud, i myself did not know what to think when i read those books years ago...but given the EVIDENCE now i think we can safely assume that he was, in fact, a fraud.

But of course, there will always be those who will counter with another "conspiracy" how he was duped etc..etc..

But that's not the point. It's simply not smart trying to prove one theory with another story which is AT LEAST as flaky, if not outright proven to be a hoax.

You are the typical example of that sort of UFO enthusiast which STRONGLY leans in one, biased direction, almost incapable to discern between hoax, fake etc...and then demanding "proof" from anyone questioning the legitimacy of the "proof". (Instead of vice versa that the obligation for the proof should really be with those making the claims).

So...let's say i give you 10.000 UFO cases where 9.990 of them can easily proven bogus, hoaxes or whatever, and instead of concentrating on the remaining 10 "good" cases which would deserve that people look at them.... you would rather prefer to take all 10.000 and assume beforehand that EACH of them might be legit. Do you think this would get you anywhere?

No sir. You're wrong about my assessment and abilities.

I take everything at face value at first. I don't start out with a grudge, a mission or an agenda.

I know there are a LOT of cases/videos/photos/books and stories that are completely fabricated. I'm not brain-dead.

I've followed Ed Walters case since it happened. I was also a member of MUFON.
I have every reason under the sky to believe him. The model that was purportedly found was the thing that was proven to be a hoax.

As far a YouTube cases by anonymous posters? I give it the same benefit of consideration.
And although I'm not a computer engineer nor a professional photo analysis....I go by impression and contents.

I think there are more 'hoaxers' on ATS who pretend to 'know' what's what than there are people trying to fool us.
We have a bunch of members, who are nothing but a bunch of strangers playing arm-chair know-it-alls, who can either write well (thus have the ability to impress us) or break things down convincingly.

But at the end of the day, unless there is PROOF like CGI or photo manipulation or a close up of the logo that says: "Made in China"......we all basically relying on our opinions and impressions.

I trust less people on here than I do on YouTube.

And unlike many, I do NOT toss out my 'opinion' as fact.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I watch the sky at least an hour or two every night in the tampa bay area. The most I have found is satellites orbiting. Maybe your eyes are tricking you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike
I watch the sky at least an hour or two every night in the tampa bay area. The most I have found is satellites orbiting. Maybe your eyes are tricking you.

There's no way of that being the culprit.
Maybe your 2-hour span isn't the same time they're active?

You can't use the 'just because' conclusion.
Just because YOU'RE not catching them does not negate the fact that they're out there.

I've never seen a ghost or had an OBE but that isn't enough basis for me to dismiss the fact that others can't experienced them.

I'm not the "almighty one' who can gauge reality based on my personal experiences. I'm not that cocky. I'm not the 'beacon of truth' whereas if I don't experience means it isn't true and neither should you.

Hey, I never experienced death either (or at least that I recall) so.....................................

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
I think an important thing that people should remember is, just cause it is a UFO, does not necessarily make it Aliens.

In theory a russian plane that can't be identified as a russian plane would be classified as a UFO. Just keep that in mind people. The word UFO has kind of gone off track.

This.

It's VERY important. Someone earlier in the thread posted they saw the ISS, probabley @ the same time of night I saw this thing. Me and the rest of my friends swore we saw it "turn" at slightly different times. Hindsight being 20/20 it was probably me turning my head to follow it...the night sky can play tricks on your eyes.

That was awesome seeing the ISS with all the kids. They'll be talking about (and remembering that) for a good while!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not to discount your observations at all, but there is a phenomenon whereby if the background is matte enough and the lighting is right, you will see what is a reflection of the capillaries in your retina, projected out into what appears to be your field of view. If you hold your eyes very still, you will be able to make out the tiny capillaries, and the red blood cells passing through them, one at a time. The 'map' will not change though. I always see it if I look rather half-focused through a window in the summertime when the sky is a clear blue; other times I'm not aware of it.

I asked an ophthalmologist about it once and he concurred that was what it was. (Another had never heard of it).

I don't know if this would happen at night though, but your description of 'red orange' makes me wonder.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Not to discount your observations at all, but there is a phenomenon whereby if the background is matte enough and the lighting is right, you will see what is a reflection of the capillaries in your retina, projected out into what appears to be your field of view. If you hold your eyes very still, you will be able to make out the tiny capillaries, and the red blood cells passing through them, one at a time. The 'map' will not change though. I always see it if I look rather half-focused through a window in the summertime when the sky is a clear blue; other times I'm not aware of it.

I asked an ophthalmologist about it once and he concurred that was what it was. (Another had never heard of it).

I don't know if this would happen at night though, but your description of 'red orange' makes me wonder.

Cheers.

Although I know you speak the truth, it is not the truth in this instance. But thanks just the same.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What you're describing in your first post sounds quite similar to what I have seen on multiple occasions in the past. Back in 2010, I was ever so adamant on witnessing my first ufo sighting due to reading many ufo threads on ATS. I would go outside and rest upon my trampoline, looking up for hours at a time hoping to see something, and the very first ufo sightings I've had were of these white star-like objects that moved across the night sky. You could see them every now and then during the early morning hours, and right around 5 A.M you would almost always witness one. They tended to follow a set-path though, or so it seems. What are the chances of them being satellites when you see 6 or more of them every night, with sometimes more than 1 at the very same area?

edit on 13-4-2012 by Kazzi because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kazzi

I don't know what you saw exactly because I wasn't there ,but what you are describing sounds very much like a satellite. You make it sound like there are few satellites in orbit. Take a look at this so you understand exactly how many are up there.

Of course, it all depends on where you are also. As I stated in an earlier post, I'm in South FL, and it's nearly impossible to see a satellite because of light pollution ,but that doesn't rule out the fact that you can't see something other than a satellite even with light pollution. It would help if you posted your general location so something like a satellite can be ruled out or not.

edit on 13-4-2012 by silverking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
reply to post by Kazzi

I don't know what you saw exactly because I wasn't there ,but what you are describing sounds very much like a satellite. You make it sound like there are few satellites in orbit. Take a look at this so you understand exactly how many are up there.

Of course, it all depends on where you are also. As I stated in an earlier post, I'm in South FL, and it's nearly impossible to see a satellite because of light pollution ,but that doesn't rule out the fact that you can't see something other than a satellite even with light pollution. It would help if you posted your general location so something like a satellite can be ruled out or not.

edit on 13-4-2012 by silverking because: (no reason given)

The main and only reason why I am questioning whether or not they were satellites is due to their acrobatic-like performance.

What craft (satellite) do we have that soars at the utmost fringes of the atmosphere and moves along heading east only to make a sharp left and go north?...then, back east again?

Their trajectory defies 'orbiting' satellites.

Now, if we have a new breed of satellites that work like hound dogs and change direction based on their senses or instruction then that might be a consideration for contemplation. But since I've never heard of such a thing, I'll stick with my UFO label for now.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Every single night for the past two weeks---- I keep seeing these star-sized points of light darting around in space. From my prospective (Earth!) they appear to be extremely high up surpassing any normal plane altitude and certainly higher than 40,000.

What the hell is going on?

They appear at various times throughout the night sky too. I just now saw one. Yesterday's was around midnight.

I refuse to believe they're satellites. First because they're lit up and second, they're all over the place in their trajectory. They are literally darting around.

I saw a red/orange triangle UFO last week gliding right above my house... which had me awestruck but these star-sized objects are mysteriously amazing too.

Is this something new or am I just noticing them more?
It's almost like a given that if I go outside and spend 10 minutes looking up, I'll see one of these objects.

Is anyone else from Palm Beach county or anywhere in south Florida witnessing this too?

I have watched these for many, many years. There is now a group of us (family and friends) who watch them. You typically will not see them every night, sometimes not for several nights and, then, sometimes every night for several nights. The most I've seen at one time is 9. On several occasions, I've seen 8 or 9 during the course of a night but only on that once did I see 9 at one time; the other most I've seen up there at one time is 5. On the occasion that there were 9 at once, I was on the phone with a couple of friends who live about 300+ miles west of me and they could see them, too; the star dots were going in every direction, making u-turns, stopping and starting. It was as though it were an air show, but way out in space.

The group of us who watch them call them "star dots" just as a way to identify what we're talking about. They cannot be satellites because we've all observed them doing the very un-satellite behaviors I just described. We're in Texas and I've called my son in NY, a friend in NM, a friend 80 miles east of me, the friends 300 miles west of me, my family in north central AR and my husband's family 450 miles NW of us on a few occasions (or they've called me) and we can all see it/them (provided it's fully dark for all of us, of course, given the time zone differences). If we can all see them from those various locations, then they are definitely not inside our atmosphere.

Even my nearly 70 y/o father-in-law has become a believer and, though he is from Missouri, we're fairly sure the "show me" slogan for that state originated with him. He doesn't believe anything he can't touch or see with his own eyes.

Though they most typically appear to be white, we've seen them change from white to red, orange and, once, blue; we've seen them blink on and off; alternately brighten and dim; slow down to barely moving and then speed up and be gone in less than a second, etc. On one occasion, my husband and I observed one elongate, bend into a "U" shape, turn red and shoot off so fast that it was actually hard to follow it.

We've watched them "park" and just sit there.

For those who do not believe they are there, in order to see them you will have to devote some time to actually going out into the dark and watching the skies for a good while on a very regular basis. Those who live in highly populated areas with a lot of light pollution are not likely to see them at all. The best nights are the moonless, clear ones, of course.

Other than the 9 at once, the strangest incident was one that was unquestionably within our atmosphere. My husband and i were watching it as it was directly over our back yard. It just "stood" there. Through the binocs, it looked like just a larger ball of light - no discernible shape, no "flying saucer" type thing; just that ball of light but BIG. Then my husband noticed 2 other objects that turned out to be helicopters flying almost side-by-side. The copters turned and came toward the ball of light and, as they approached, it shot straight up faster than can be described until it was out of sight.

Like you, when I first noticed them, I thought they had to be satellites. But I know of no satellite that does what they do. I found a site that will tell you if a satellite (or the space shuttle) is in your area or what time one will be visible to you, so you can check for yourself to see if that's what you're seeing. I started religiously checking that site when I saw one, but it never coincided with anything scheduled to be in our viewing area. It takes a satellite a minute or more to fully cross the sky. These star dots can stay in one spot for who knows how long .... or they can be gone in a second or less.

Don't listen to the skeptics. The star dots are there. I don't know what they are, but I do know THAT they are.

Keep looking up. There are amazing things going on if you just watch!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

I am Happy I came across this posting I have seen these " Star Dots " as you call them ever since i was a kid we would go down by the lake and lay on a fold out chair and just stare at the sky for hours and we would see them all the time I always wondered what they were. well time went by and i had forgotten about them I got older and joined the military I am a gulf war vet and these balls of light were seen in the gulf during the war just like the foo fighters in WW2 but we were never to report a sighting or even talk about them. but one night many years later My wife daughter son and I were out in the front yard it had just gotten dark and i happened to look up and sure enough I saw one all the memories of seeing them as a kid came rushing back and I told my family about seeing them when i was about my daughters age between 7 and 12 and some of the things we saw in the Persian Gulf we stayed out for about 2 hours and we saw 3 more that night. I just came back in the house before logging on here and my wife and i just saw 2 of them tonight. I live in a small town in New Hampshire and we have some great views of the sky here at night I would say we see them 3 days out of seven and there is NO way they are satellites they change direction stop speed up slow down and blink out. I really wish someone in the scientific studies would take this seriously and do some studying and find out what they are. I am not saying they are little green/grey men from planet reticuli lol but they are real and they are being seen from earth i have gotten many friends looking up when they go out now and they can not believe the things they have been seeing since they started paying attention. But i don't know if the original poster of this thread is still checking on back or not But we are seeing the same thing ( I believe) you are all the way up here in New Hampshire could others post if they are seeing them and where you are when you did It is amazing the things we miss every day because we are wrapped up in our own little worlds worrying about bills and work or the kids being sick and we all miss the real wonders of the world have an open mind but like the saying goes " not so open your Brains fall out "

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join