It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fireball Falling From The Sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Thank you...From the video its obviously something with a jet engine. Can't tell if it is a plane or a rocket...Really can't see anything in the front, but maybe that is due to the angle of the video shot...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Definitely a jet.

The real giveaway is how the trail is divided up in to two parallel streams (since there are engines on either side), where as a rocket would usually produce a single trail in most cases.

A couple of examples:

Contrail with jet

The other clue is that contrail misidentifications usually occur during sunset or sunrise, hence the colour, which people seem to mistake for flame or fire.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Thank you...From the video its obviously something with a jet engine. Can't tell if it is a plane or a rocket....

If it has a jet engine it ain't a rocket!!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If it has a jet engine it ain't a rocket!!

Look up the term rocket...Then get back to me, I didn't say that just because, but jet engines do fall under the category of rockets...Maybe I should of said jet propulsion

edit on 16-4-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

From Dic.com

1. any of various simple or complex tubelike devices containing combustibles that on being ignited liberate gases whose action propels the tube through the air: used for pyrotechnic effect, signaling, carrying a lifeline, hurling explosives at an enemy, putting a space vehicle into orbit, etc.

2. a space capsule or vehicle put into orbit by such devices.

3. rocket engine.

And similarly for rocket engine:

rocket engine
noun
a reaction engine that produces a thrust due to an exhaust consisting entirely of material, as oxidizer, fuel, and inert matter, that has been carried with the engine in the vehicle it propels, none of the propellant being derived from the medium through which the vehicle moves.

Jet engines differ from rockets primarily in that a rocket carries all its own fuel and combustible materials, a jet requires oxygen from the atmosphere.

Since you made the comment "rocket OR jet engine" clearly you were not referring to any sense in which they might be considered the same.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Since you made the comment "rocket OR jet engine"

Well since it was unclear of what it was in the video causing the contrail, I thought what I said was fine, since we don't know if it was a jet engine causing the contrail or a rocket engine...Doesn't matter there wasn't a fireball falling from the sky..
edit on 17-4-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Doesn't matter there wasn't a fireball falling from the sky.

There was a fireball.

Reports posted on The American Meteor Society web site (see event 493) are consistent with a natural meteor/fireball.

It's just that someone filmed a contrail thinking it was a fireball at more or less the same time, and the news agencies fell for it (as usual).

Unfortunately the fireball was not captured on camera, but we have enough reports to be reasonably sure that there was a real fireball.If you follow the link I posted and read them, you'll see that they are not considtent with a contrail misidentification.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thank you, I was going based off the video in the OP. I am sure there was a fireball sighting, but not in the particular video provided. That is the only point I am trying to make. Thanks again for the additional information.
edit on 17-4-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No worries. I wasn't quite sure what you meant. I just wanted to clarify the situation for everyone reading this thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Since no one's posted it already, it's interesting that a similar event occurred over Texas a little over three years ago. It was captured on camera by a CNN news crew that was covering a race at the time.

UFO - meteor like object with sonic boom above Dallas and Austin Texas!

It's probably at least partly a coincidence (observations of daylight fireballs are rare), but I would bet that the high number of cloud-free days per year that Texas gets has a lot to do with it.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchPlayer

I am posting here because I can not start my own post, and it quasi-relates to this. I was outside with my lady friend last night playing guitar and talking. While strumming some chords, I saw a fireball looking object towards the east. It was very red, not blinking or flashing, just looked like a red orb or fireball. It travelled in an east to northeast direction, not straight at all, but it travelled at a very quick rate of speed. I can't tell how high up it was, but when it reached almost the northeast horizon, it started to flicker, then it disappeared. I wanted to grab my camera, but I knew I wouldn't have time, but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this before. I know it could not have been a plane, but I can't rule anything else out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join