It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Tax Cuts: George W. Wishes They Didn't Bear His Name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Making a rare post-presidential policy address, former President George W. Bush said he wishes the " Bush tax cuts" had someone else's name attached to them because "if they were called somebody else's tax cuts they'd probably be less likely to be raised."

But Bush had a pointed message about tax policy: "If you raise taxes on the so-called rich," he said, "you're really raising taxes on the job creators."

For one, i don't think it really has that much to do with his name.

Second...I give a big thanks for the advice George. You did such wonders with our economy while in office. Maybe you should run for a 3rd term.

news.yahoo.com...

--------------------

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I always thought Bush had a tough enough time with 9/11 and the fact that the Fed lowered interest rates immediately after 9/11. Big economic devastation.

The low interest rates made the housing bubble bust because now we had people qualifying for higher loans when that was impossible before when rates were higher, thus causing rapid increases in prices. Housing prices are often based on what people can afford to pay. If people can't qualify for loans, the prices go down and only stabilize when people can get loans.

Unemployment actually went down under Bush after the tax cuts started until the worldwide muney mungers killed the derivative markets and killed the banks (probably not Bush's fault) unemployment chart 2002 thru 2012

The tax cuts may have helped lessen the impact of the financial "crisis".

The tax cuts were actually two legislations (2001 and 2003)

The Bush tax cuts refers to changes to the United States tax code passed during the presidency of George W. Bush that generally lowered tax rates and revised the code specifying taxation in the United States. These were the:

Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA)
Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 (JGTRRA)

While each act has its own legislative history and effect on the tax code, the JGTRRA amplified and accelerated aspects of the EGTRRA. Moreover, since 2003 the two acts have often been spoken of together, especially in terms of analyzing their effect on the U.S. economy and population and in discussing their political ramifications.
Bush Tax Cuts

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I always thought Bush had a tough enough time with 9/11 and the fact that the Fed lowered interest rates immediately after 9/11. Big economic devastation.

The low interest rates made the housing bubble bust because now we had people qualifying for higher loans when that was impossible before when rates were higher, thus causing rapid increases in prices. Housing prices are often based on what people can afford to pay. If people can't qualify for loans, the prices go down and only stabilize when people can get loans.

Unemployment actually went down under Bush after the tax cuts started until the worldwide muney mungers killed the derivative markets and killed the banks (probably not Bush's fault) unemployment chart 2002 thru 2012

The tax cuts may have helped lessen the impact of the financial "crisis".

The tax cuts were actually two legislations (2001 and 2003)

The Bush tax cuts refers to changes to the United States tax code passed during the presidency of George W. Bush that generally lowered tax rates and revised the code specifying taxation in the United States. These were the:

Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA)
Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 (JGTRRA)

While each act has its own legislative history and effect on the tax code, the JGTRRA amplified and accelerated aspects of the EGTRRA. Moreover, since 2003 the two acts have often been spoken of together, especially in terms of analyzing their effect on the U.S. economy and population and in discussing their political ramifications.
Bush Tax Cuts

I don't even know where or how you came up with that...

I do agree with "crisis"

More like "Payout"

Or

"Purpose"

I personally think Obama had a tougher time inheriting an economy that
was losing 750,000 jobs a months or a DOW that was 7,000
edit on 10-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

I personally think Obama had a tougher time inheriting an economy that was losing 750,000 jobs a months or a DOW that was 7,000

He lessened the impact though man!!!!

GWB was the greatest president in United States History.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Wow. I can't find humor in this joke.

Bush is a nazi that got away with mass murder in NY and LA while making millions off outsourcing the clean-up in both America and the occupied lands he forced Americans to die in.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

I personally think Obama had a tougher time inheriting an economy that was losing 750,000 jobs a months or a DOW that was 7,000

He lessened the impact though man!!!!

I know, Imagine what Obama would be doing if Bush never existed???

Scary man!

top topics

join