It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers have lost cantact with Zimmerman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for keeping the thread updated folks!

Also thanks for keeping it civil.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

If they decide to do anything it will be most likely for publically charged atmosphere, or to keep Holder from getting a hold of him.

There is a lot of info on this case, just like any other case, that the public is not privy to.

I think this is one thing that

a. some people cannot stand, and
b. some people do not comprehend

Not everything and not every witness has been ade public, thank heavens.

Even the attorneys that were trying to become Zimmermans' attorneys did not have the information. They admitted as much in a press conference.

He was wise to leave the state, sad but true, else he would have wound up much like Libya's recent past leader. It would have probably been put on youtube, too.

I think he was running from these ambulance chasers as much as he was from the bounty hunters When someone says pro bono, it usually means your first born and everything else after that till you die. ie: LOTS of money you won't ever have. They saw stars in their eyes for becoming reknowned as well as for suing MSNBC et al. Of course, this is just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by popsmayhem

You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I'm from the UK and have not really been following this case. But wondered even if the shooting was in self defense, does the shooting still have to be investigated?

I would have assumed that there would have to be an investigation to prove it was self defense.

Well, until the public outcry etc, they thought they had done the investigation that substantiated the claim that it was self defense. Thus, why he was never arrested, though he was detained that night.

When the media got involved and began to fan the racial flames, the prosecutor basically is redoing the case again, to be certain nothing untoward has happened. A lot of claims about family ties etc. have been made, and it is her duty to go back and make sure whether these things did or did not happen.

Once she completes this investigation, she will release her findings and her decision.

I fear a lot of to do was made. What I mean is that a lot of things being "claimed" does not make them true. Now, if the findings come back that it was indeed self defense, it is going to embarrassing for the Martin family and the people that defended them so vehemently, because so many people were culpable in fabricating falsehoods that gave false hopes of "justice". Public figures, media, etc. I hope that makes sense.

Instead, people will be left with a man that is obviously broken and will probably be so for the rest of his life. It is apparent he took no joy in the events that unfolded that night, and people that would say otherwise are filled with unecessary poison and venom. It is a sad tragic story all the way around, but few people postulate about the outcome if what he said happened really is the truth.

It would change the image of Martin for his staunch defenders and in particular, his family, and it certainly changes the life of Zimmerman and all of the people that know and love him, forever. The Martins will have a son that never grows up, never gets married, never has a child of his own. It is sad and unfair for everyone involved.

Now, because of the to do that was made, it drug an already torn Nation in with it, further causing to divide, setting us back an unkown time and unknown reparability in race relations when so many had fought so hard, tried so long to dig out from under that. The worst part is, it isn't over yet, and the worst may be yet to come.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You are mistaken, 90% of AA's want justice. That's all.

People, I was generalizing and exaggerating to call attention to the issue, can you not pick up on that?

Justice, huh? And what are blacks' idea of "justice" in this case? An eye for an eye? So far it looks like self-defense. Would not a black person in GZ's position enjoy the same courtesy if they found themselves having to defend their life? Don't even suggest that it wouldn't happen.

There is no such thing as self-defense when you actively pursue another individual.

911 operator to Zimmerman:

"We don't need you to do that."

End of story.

I don't care what color you are - if your gun goes off and someone else ends up dead, it needs to be investigated.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Yeah, it IS being investigated. Oh, you meant investigated by someone like the Black Panthers?? Someone like Al Sharpton?

You were there so you know what happened? You're going by one statement of a recorded voice of an operator. How do you know he didn't stop following him when the operator said that? You're assuming he was right behind him. Maybe he was half a block away and was tailing him so he'd know what location to give to the police. You really know nothing about what happened.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Personally, I think Zimmerman is in Mexico or Puerto Rico. The article I read this morning said that his lawyers have stated that he's lost a lot of weight, so he could probably blend in well in either of these locations without being recognized.

(Either this or he's chillin' at Pops' house.)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
without sounding callous, isn't it coincidental that zimmerman creates a website meant to draw in money in the same week he fires his attorneys? no attorneys, means no retainer fees. as soon as zimmerman found out he is probably not going to be charged, he realized cut your possible losses (literally the cash sucking legal aid), and keep the money.
this has nothing to do with whether he was in the wrong or right,or even if charges should or should not be filed. it has only to do with best scenario for him.

And why wouldn't he try and profit from his vault into the spotlight for killing an un-armed boy? Regardless of his guilt, America has proven time and time again that anyone can profit from the sensationalism generated by the media for ratings. People who watch soap opera's and bs shows about people living together for whatever reason are feeding the monster that has become insatiable. Have 19 kids at one time and playboy will pay you a million to show off your tits. Shoot someone and get away with it and Fox will give you a million for the rights to your story.

We are all responsible for the state of things in this world. We have to accept our moral obligation to purge our lives of this gossip machine along with the war machine that uses the same tactics to get popular approval for their wrongdoings. When you engage in gossip or watch a show about it you are as guilty as anyone and you support the machine.

I say if someone is responsible for a crime and enough people are appalled and confront the person it is a good thing because the person can't hide behind some local law or loophole. If people were held accountable for their actions this would be a better world.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Personally, I think Zimmerman is in Mexico or Puerto Rico. The article I read this morning said that his lawyers have stated that he's lost a lot of weight, so he could probably blend in well in either of these locations without being recognized.

(Either this or he's chillin' at Pops' house.)

Does this mean he forged his Passport too?
If the authorities want him found, they could just simply retrieve this type of information to see if he actually fled the country or if he has used any credit cards under his name.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. I found it strange that his lawyers requested that he call them collect if he had to. Why would he have to call collect if he is placing a local call from residence? The fact that his daddy is a Supreme Court Justice (as far as I'm aware this is true), who knows what they can make happen for him if he wanted to get out of the country. Just look at how Casey Anthony was able to go the the US Virgin Islands when she was supposed to be on probation. Our system is way messed up and I don't doubt anything at this point.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No wonder he disappeared,

Holder Promises Sharpton 'Thorough Review' Of Trayvon Case
www.breitbart.com...
edit on 013030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join