It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: Santorum to suspend presidential campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

NBC News has confirmed that Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum will suspend his campaign for the nomination. The announcement, expected shortly at an event in Gettysburg, Pa., follows a recent hospitalization for his 3-year-old daughter who suffers from the chromosomal defect Trisomy 18.

A senior source in the Mitt Romney camp confirms to NBC News that the front-runner received a call from Santorum today.

Santorum’s decision to suspend his campaign will effectively stifle the opposition to Romney from within the GOP; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Rep. Ron Paul remain active candidates, though neither of them have a plausible path to winning the 1,144 delegates needed to secure the nomination.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com... ews/2012/04/10/11122920-nbc-santorum-to-suspend-presidential-campaign?lite

Looks like this is a sad ending to his campaign. Its Romney V Obama now...
edit on 10-4-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh wow. I DID NOT see this coming this early. I can only say that this is good news from my perspective.

The RP campaign needs to act now to take advantage of this news...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Whoopty frikkin do.

The 2012 Election: Mitt Obama vs. Barack Romney. THEY'RE IDENTICAL.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Mods, I posted this in the political madness and breaking political news forum, wasnt sure which forum it belonged in, feel free to delete the less appropriate one. Apologies

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Ron Paul's campaign is DEAD I'm sorry to say; the Republicans and the establishment have stolen this primary from Paul. Until and unless some higher ups in the Republican National committee grow a pair and stand up at the convention and expose the blatant election fraud that happened this year in the primaries, or if Ron Paul HIMSELF would do it, his campaign is over I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow.. What a shocker. I wish Santorum could have waited just a bit longer for the politics to clear up far more than this. We're still at a point where contention at the convention is THE goal for Newt and ...yeah..the only hope Ron Paul would have.

Whatever the case may be on that, it's the last thing I want to see. Contention means an Obama win, basically. The winner out of a convention floor fight has a whopping 2 1/2 friggen months left to beat Obama. Yeah.. right.

Newt can drop out any time now. Show some class. Romney isn't my choice, not by a long shot. The alternative though, isn't one. So... TPTB pick Romney then for better or worse..Romney it is.
(Worse...in my opinion..but again, choices? anyone? REALISTIC choices? Anyone? lol)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The theatrics of santorum. What a waste of air he is. His only purpose was to look so stupid and make Romney look smart. This GOP campaign was media engineered to isolate Ron Paul and give the morons the airtime.

F U CNN.

F U Faux News.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is only a suspension, correct?

Maybe he's just looking for an attention/sympathy grab, and will re-enter the race in a week or two?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

The language I am reading here is pretty solid on the concession side as opposed to a temporary suspension. He also has a very very ill little girl who, I'm guessing. isn't worth ignoring for a Presidential shot that is now one hair shy of impossible.

On the family matter with his daughter, I do feel for him. What a time and what a deal. I hope the best for him, whatever the political differences.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
This is only a suspension, correct?

Maybe he's just looking for an attention/sympathy grab, and will re-enter the race in a week or two?

No. It's over.

Now it's Mitt Romney - vs - Obama.

However, everything will change if Hillary Clinton gets trotted out by the DNC in July 2012.

I think a poll today would put Hillary way out in front of Romney.

Hillary Clinton -vs - Romney would make the RNC scramble and come up

with someone better.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Whoopty frikkin do.

Mitt Romney is the weakest candidate that the GOP has.

We deserve better.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You do... But it doesnt look like its gonna happen this time around... Which I dislike. Im a left leaning ind. but I want the best from both to help the national debate

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

You do... But it doesnt look like its gonna happen this time around... Which I dislike. Im a left leaning ind. but I want the best from both to help the national debate

Did you hear that Hillary Clinton will not be at the DNC convention?

I think they want to keep her far away from the Obama Train Wreck which we will

all see in front of us over the next 3 months.

The job report was terrible. The economy is slowing. The stock market is heading

down. The price of gas is going up. Obama is doomed.

The Fast & Furious Scandal will be the end of the radical Obama modus operandi.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I hope she runs in 2016. I still wished she would run against obama

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

I hope she runs in 2016. I still wished she would run against obama

I think Hillary will take over and debate for the DNC July 2012.

Obama is doomed.

Just watch the next 3 months closely.

The economy will get worse and look for nothing but D - I - S - T - R - A - C - T - I - O - N - S

from the White House. Right now they are running with a bogus GOP War on Women.

Obama may even try to Wag the Dog by starting a war with Syria.

Have you seen that movie starring Robert De Niro? Wag The Dog?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I extend my sincerest hope to he and his family that his child fully recovers.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
delete
edit on 10-4-2012 by cnoland because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Obama won his two terms before his first one even started. All part of the plan. Many, many years in the making.

& Ron, Mitt, Rick and Newt were the 4 stooges that made it all possible. Probably the last 4 people in the world we would want to see president.

Easy Obama win

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Newt will drop next if he hasnt already, meanwhile the lame stream media will declare romney winner while ron paul packs 10,000 into stadiums. Should be an interesting race.

Race? No check that, its obviously not a race, its a revolution. I should have said it will be an interesting revolution.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

LOL...yeah right!! Obama wants to cut taxes for the wealthy? Roll back financial reform passed 2 years ago? Slash Social programs? Raise Medicare age? Social security age? Increase military spending?

WTF

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join