It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum out!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
wait, where does this leave Gingrich?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Going after a 4th wife in the meantime?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Now I would like to see what the GOP does with the Santorum delagates. This should get Interesting.!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RowdyAmerican1
Now I would like to see what the GOP does with the Santorum delagates. This should get Interesting.!

forgive the lack of knowledge, but i didn't pass government in high school cause i paid attention. what exactly could happen with the delegates? they spread them around? i didn't know that was something that could/would be done.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Contag

forgive the lack of knowledge, but i didn't pass government in high school cause i paid attention. what exactly could happen with the delegates? they spread them around? i didn't know that was something that could/would be done.

I'm sure they will spread them out evenly to Mitt Romney. Not to be rude but if you lack the knowledge plz don't comment.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by bknapple32

What primaries or caucuses are left between now and the national convention?

With Santorum out, we will know for sure whether or not Paul has any shot whatsoever. Personally, I believe Romney has maxed out his support, I think all those other voters are bouncing from candidate to candidate, because they don't want to support Romney. I hope they land on Paul now.

It is a marathon event, and Paul has persevered this long, he has good fundraising capability, and he has been courting the delegates successfully. Maybe he is still in this thing?

Santorum is conservative
Ron Paul is conservative

All Santorum voters will now vote for RP

the door is wide open now
Ron Paul knows he still in the race

This is very good news

2 to goes and Ron Paul will go against Obama
it will be a total KO

edit on 4/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Depends on the rules of each state. And I would say many people are wondering the same since the Washington Post did an article on the topic.

Of Santorum’s 281 total delegates (according to the Associated Press count), 84 were won in five states that award their delegates in nonbinding contests.

That means that the delegates from those five states — Iowa, Colorado, Minnesota, Washington state and North Dakota – had already been free to vote for any candidate at the convention and remain free to do so.

The remaining 197 of Santorum’s delegates, according to the AP tally, are bound to the former Pennsylvania senator – meaning that unless Santorum explicitly states that he is releasing them, those delegates are required to vote for Santorum at the Tampa convention.
www.washingtonpos t.com

OiO

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm sure they will spread them out evenly to Mitt Romney. Not to be rude but if you lack the knowledge plz don't comment.

Really? Don't comment if you lack the knowledge, and yet you commented with a baseless opinion?

The delegates do not roll over to Romney, and the reason people are questioning where they go is because there is no definite answer. They are up for grabs if the candidates take it all the way to the convention. Mainstreamers hope that won't happen, and they want the nominee to be clear before the convention, but if Paul or Newt fight it the whole way, those delegates are uncommitted. Many of them were uncommitted anyway, because many of the states don't force their delegates to follow the results of the caucus or primary winner.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

Too bad. He seemed to be the other one except Ron Paul actually electable.

Wow!

I have read some insane things on ATS. This site is known for it;s fear mongering at times. With that being said, I have never read anything so scary than the comment I quoted.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Wow!

I have read some insane things on ATS. This site is known for it;s fear mongering at times. With that being said, I have never read anything so scary than the comment I quoted.

Did i said something wrong?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Depends on the rules of each state. And I would say many people are wondering the same since the Washington Post did an article on the topic.

Of Santorum’s 281 total delegates (according to the Associated Press count), 84 were won in five states that award their delegates in nonbinding contests.

That means that the delegates...

OiO

Thanks for the info/link, and thanks to you too, getreadyalready. You both have cleared up a question that apparently was answered easily enough without telling me that I have no place talking about this subject.

Not to be rude but if you lack the ability to be a sensible human being "plz don't comment."

Don't tell someone to stay quiet when they're actively trying to become educated in the going ons of a currently occurring topic, which happens to be of some importance. This is aside from the fact that I didn't comment. A comment would be me chiming in with my opinion, or in general making some sort of statement. The only statement I made was confessing my unwarranted ignorance, which is lacking information that would turn the tide of the thread or influence others. What I did was inquire as to insight that you could provide. But it seems since you didn't know enough yourself to answer the question, you resorted to being a condescending jerk-off, which followed an effortless attempt to explain what you meant.

I could have looked this up, but assumed the answer would be easy enough for you to explain. And I greatly appreciate the thought out answers to my questions.

edit - estrellas for OiO and getreadyalready
edit on 10-4-2012 by Contag because: estrellas!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what Paul does, I must admit....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So Santorum is out, Gingrich was suppose to drop out, but now that leaves: Romney, Paul, Gingrich...Does anyone else think this is another tactic to make it seem like Romney will win most definitely?...Seriously I don't think Paul will win, unless the stupid people start realizing that this whole thing was rigged from the beginning...Only way to support Paul is to revolutionize against the elites who are pulling the strings...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

There's a large pool of people who will vote for Romney over Paul. In particular, this includes most Republican women, Republican union workers, many teachers (he wants to do away with Federal aid programs) and many Federal workers. Those who support the troops and "war on terrorism" won't vote for him -- and that's a lot of the people in the Republican Party.

I don't know how big a "bump" in his numbers there will be -- if he'd been polling in the 30% range or 25% range, I might expect some of the Santorum group to move to him. But he's not offering much of what the people who joined the Party want. I'll be surprised if he gets 20% of the vote in the next few contests.

New York's next. I expect Gingrich may benefit from some of this.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Good,no more inane babble from InSantorum.He made a big enough of a fool of himself.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Good,no more inane babble from InSantorum.He made a big enough of a fool of himself.

Still too bad he's gone! He was such a nice diversion, in every sense of the word... For anyone who didn't want a GOP candidate to eventually win the election, he was pretty much priceless...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Looks like Ron Paul just got a lot more followers.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Wow!

Did i said something wrong?

Yes. I thought you were kidding at first. I don't want to say anything mean. Santorum, is kind of the scariest one there. He's like crazy or something.
And he has Intense Anger issues. With Crazy eye to boot. I hope his daughter is ok. Please let her be ok.
edit on 4/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thank god, that's one more incompetent candidate..RP knows the constitution better than any other candidate, he's for the people. Mitt is a clone of Obama but in a different facade, a tainted corporate puppet.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ron Paul seems to come in second to Santorum on the Evangelic vote. We will see how this plays out. Still a lot of states out there to win. I haven't voted yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join