It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rusty US Theaters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
First, confession: I did not look too much to see if anyone else has been here.

Second, statement: From what I have been able to gather, the sci fi 'Iron Sky' will NOT be widely available in the USA. I contacted Carmike Cinemas (they own the local screens) and they couldn't even say they had heard of it.

Kind of sad... in this globalist world, a small studio creates a great hoot and the largest nation of potential viewers has declined to screen it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I googled Iron Sky and have to say I was hooked at the opening picture of the flying saucer with the swaztika!
I watched the preview and loved it.

My prediction is it will be a "cult" hit.and eventually released in the US. If this doesnt hit the big screens here we will surely miss out

Thank for turning me on to this. I will have to see this movie one way or another.

PS do you think the President's character is inspired by Paulin??

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
First, confession: I did not look too much to see if anyone else has been here.

Second, statement: From what I have been able to gather, the sci fi 'Iron Sky' will NOT be widely available in the USA. I contacted Carmike Cinemas (they own the local screens) and they couldn't even say they had heard of it.

Kind of sad... in this globalist world, a small studio creates a great hoot and the largest nation of potential viewers has declined to screen it.

You shouldn't really be surprised by this. How often do you see foreign movies at your theater? It looks like the movie might be in English, so that helps. Unless you live in a big city or a college town you usually won't get movies like this and even then it's still iffy. This sounds like kind of goofy, sci-f so it's niche. When "Attack the Block"came out the nearest theater that was showing it was an hour away.

It sucks, but it kind of makes sense. Small studio releases from America often get limited releases, so ones from other countries are going to get even less attention. Also, it just came out. It takes time to get over here. This isn't a huge, multi-country release.

At any rate, it'll get a DVD release.

new topics

join