It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Things That the Talking Heads On Television Are Being Strangely Silent About

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun
Our detection technology to study the sun is but a decade old so there is not a big control group to conclude things we observe at the sun are 'strange'.

#3 Mount Fuji In Japan About To Erupt?
If that is a question, unsupported opinion, then why is it strange it's not taking up news time, like talking about Yellowstone for decades it eventually isn't news. Why not author a documentary?

#4 Stunning Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World
Again, unsupported opinion. Should the news endorse unsupported opinionated knee-jerk theories?

#5 Global Food Prices Rising Again
Is it a proportionally alarming rise? I haven't noticed, likely because it isn't newsworthy or even happening.

#9 Passport Suspended For Not Paying Taxes?
I pay my taxes, what right has someone to not pay? Yet the tax evader can travel abroad, likely due to the money pocketed by not paying taxes. Punishment doesn't fit the crime.

#10 Preparations For War In The Persian Gulf
Opinionated conjecture.

#11 Mysterious Mass Deaths
Compared to what? Again, a large control group for comparisons is absent.

#13 Giant Sinkholes
Compared to what?

#14 Increase In Global Earthquakes
Says who.

#15 Increase In U.S. Earthquakes
Says who.

#16 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools
I wonder if the author was around for 'Duck-and-cover' drills? (Need I wonder?) Does he not think it is important for everyone to know the procedures and directions? The company that employs me seems to think it's important.

#18 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks
They are crazy huh, Dorothy.

The world that we live in is becoming increasingly unstable.

Imagine if this author lived at the time of the Black Death, or the Medieval Ice Age, or the American Dust Bowl and Depression. This guy needs to grow a set.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have a subscription to people magazine. That's all the news i need.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

to make it #20 or More

The Resignation of High Bank Officials Around the Globe !
the Tracking of them and Update that you see here mostly on ATS

edit on 11-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

and My Favorite .. the Preservation of Artifacts documents seeds DNA
in underground mines and Vaults
edit on 11-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Contrast your points with what the news IS talking about, and you can clearly see that broadcast news has very little to do with news any more.

It's propaganda - all of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

BBC world is less partial that CNN but at times from an outsider perspective it also pursues UK policy and world view. This is for instance clear when covering the Euro crisis, the Middle East, India.

The BBC has also been even if within a "program", more active in opening lines of dialog and debate over Middle East issues, probably not the ones that ATS crowd would find the most interesting but generally toward building bridges across cultures and view points. CNN in that regard shows a simpler single sided view of the world...

Strangely enough and to my surprise the BBC is very pro China...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I always watch CNN for sh'its and giggles, but I was surprised how little they mentioned the 8.6 and 8.2 quakes near Indonesia, and how interested they were in this George Zimmerman, to which they devoted all of their time talking about a case already beaten into the ground by corporate media, why I don't know.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nobody saw The Indonesian or Japan earth quakes and Tsunamis coming. How about Fukushima? Neither did they see 9/11 or the war on terror develop beforehand. Or Pearl Harbor for that matter.

I guarantee you the next big whatever to hit will surprise all of us as well. The media will be blind and then over cover it as usual. Until we become so bored with their uninformed facts and opinions that main street USA will turn the channel and ignore it for the most part. I won't depend on MSM or my neighbors for any thing but hype, over reaction, down play and disinform.

When I want the truth I will come here. ATS is always better informed about any/every thing. Filters on and umbrella out of course.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I saw a story on the local news last night about Internet conspiracy theorists talking about 19 things that media is ignoring.

Funny, huh

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

Originally posted by MoEskiMo

There is radiation in the sea life. In the food you eat from the ocean, that is a way to affect many people. This coming salmon catch should reveal a high radiation level - the salmon eat the fish that ate the fish that ate the fish, so they will have a higher level............
There is radiation in dam near everything.
There is radiation in dirt, bananas, nuts, water, potatoes, air, meat, etc. etc. etc.....

Also......You may want to sit down, and brace yourself for this one... ok? are you sitting??
Have you ever been outside, during the daytime? That mean ol' nasty Sun is constantly bombarding the planet with radiation.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
this is soooo true! when i was working(unemployed at the moment) all the people at break would talk about would be msm news. i would bring to their attention alternative news,they would look at me like i had 2 heads!
they didn't even know what c.e.r.n. was!!!? thats because msm only gave it a 5 min. bit on the 6 o'clock news.(time for a bathroom break!) but they sat glued when watching the weather (like those clowns know whats going on!),or the sports. murder and deadly car wrecks are also an attention getter. god forbid the want to hear about haarp, or the russians are trying to play god by cloning a mammoth!
they use their computer for faceboo,twitter,or to play games,or to plan their vacation. why would they use it for useful information!!!

i know that in the bible it says 14400 will make it to heaven (just an analogy)
but looking at all the people i meet and come across,this number seems pausable!
(and no,i'm not christian)
i wish ATS could jam the internet and tv for just one day to force people to wake up!!!
just a dream,its all just a dream!

Been there mate - trying to enlighten co-workers can be painfull and infuriating

I tried to bring up in a conversation about the evening news as to how the lybia uprising was being orchestrated by the globalists and how we wouldnt be bombing the # out of them if their biggest export was cabbages ( thanks gerald celente )that we were being fed a certain agenda by the media to get us all behind ousting gadaffi and people were actually s'n-word'ing behind their hands and exchanging blank looks - after a short awkward silence someone mentioned how the vote went on the x factor the night before and then they all became animated and very knowledgable about a tv talent show ???

Ive now given on the majority of folks at work - a few of the younger guys are switched on as to whats really happening in the world but the majority are too worried about paying their bills and are grateful for any distraction that TV gives them.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

"#15 Increase In U.S. Earthquakes
Says who."

The U.S. Geological Survey.

"A remarkable increase in the rate of M 3 and greater earthquakes is currently in progress in the US midcontinent. The average number of M >= 3 earthquakes/year increased starting in 2001, culminating in a six-fold increase over 20th century levels in 2011."

U.S. Geological Survey

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Masamune69

aye,what ya do? carry on and keep teaching to those that wanna learn. thats all ya can do,and hope for the best

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
The BBC... hahahaha

BBC = Blatently Biased Corporation.

They are the mother of propaganda.

They are the reason I dont own a TV.

Be sensible, throw your tv OUT.

You cut off your tv completely because of one channel? Nothing like cutting off the head to spite the nose.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabreblade

So far today there have been 38 earthquakes, 22 of those in Sumatra, then there have been quakes off the coast of Alaska, Oregon, 5.5 and above, and. 7.0 off the coast of Mexico.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun
Our detection technology to study the sun is but a decade old so there is not a big control group to conclude things we observe at the sun are 'strange'.

#3 Mount Fuji In Japan About To Erupt?
If that is a question, unsupported opinion, then why is it strange it's not taking up news time, like talking about Yellowstone for decades it eventually isn't news. Why not author a documentary?

#4 Stunning Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World
Again, unsupported opinion. Should the news endorse unsupported opinionated knee-jerk theories?

#5 Global Food Prices Rising Again
Is it a proportionally alarming rise? I haven't noticed, likely because it isn't newsworthy or even happening.

#9 Passport Suspended For Not Paying Taxes?
I pay my taxes, what right has someone to not pay? Yet the tax evader can travel abroad, likely due to the money pocketed by not paying taxes. Punishment doesn't fit the crime.

#10 Preparations For War In The Persian Gulf
Opinionated conjecture.

#11 Mysterious Mass Deaths
Compared to what? Again, a large control group for comparisons is absent.

#13 Giant Sinkholes
Compared to what?

#14 Increase In Global Earthquakes
Says who.

#15 Increase In U.S. Earthquakes
Says who.

#16 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools
I wonder if the author was around for 'Duck-and-cover' drills? (Need I wonder?) Does he not think it is important for everyone to know the procedures and directions? The company that employs me seems to think it's important.

#18 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks
They are crazy huh, Dorothy.

The world that we live in is becoming increasingly unstable.

Imagine if this author lived at the time of the Black Death, or the Medieval Ice Age, or the American Dust Bowl and Depression. This guy needs to grow a set.

Hey glad I found this, I needed a lauch pad to make my point...

Here is the thing this op is saying,
the talking heads are not discussing this, or giving their opinions on it..

No scientists coming on the MSM, to debate like they do over stupid arse political opinions that really never effect the people and turn out to be all lies, or more rhetoric that usually ends up in both talking heads turning blue and fighting with the stiff anchor over who get the last egotistical I know I am right because I am Democrat, or I know I am right because I am republican.

What the OP is saying is these are news stories.....

Dissecting the words he is using to use as a point,
is not teaching anyone anything,
and appears as if its a chest pounding exorcise...

Maybe this is why the MSM, does not discuss these well current events, just because people will not understand, it and tune it out..

Also, I do suppose all the ats members who seem to think they are really smart understand that msm gets 99.9 percent of all their news from the AP and Reuters....

LOL

which is controlled, and censored...

Only thing that changes is which channel you chose on bias....

The real news or the stories that need the questions answered or searched and further understood, just will not get attention...

The msm is preaching to the mass.. The media, is a MASSIVE Governmental tool...

The Freedom of the press, has been denied for a very very long time...

Pure freedom, of the press I say...

No one cares thou..

I can prove it...

Just watch..

Also don't bother responding or trying to argue, I just wanted to use you as an example as to what I think the op was saying..

You may have the last word...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am reminded of the decades old Project Censored with its list of under-reported news stories.

Just as X Files said, The Truth is Out There. It's just not always (or always has been) in the MSM. For starters, The News Media Is Still Recovering From Watergate . Who can forget, or remember, the horrible lack of pre-Iraq war questioning by the msm?

Americans certainly have access to more international news than ever before. Nonetheless, it is one thing to report just the facts and another to investigate/analyze objectively the facts into a story. If the investigation/analysis turns on a corporate sponsor/advertiser or embarrasses a political figure, then we might not hear about it in the msm.

I personally wouldn't consider all the "19 things" newsworthy, especially if there is no "why" to them. And so what if the world seems to be increasingly more complex and frightening...deal with it. Well, maybe that sounds harsh, but, honestly, each generation has to find ways to deal with the hand that's dealt it. A crisis may indeed be a turning point, so buck up, be rational, use your brain and heart, and move forward.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
yea but not everyones an ats member they cant handle the truth to use to the happy status quo that there heads would pop oh noo its not gumdrops and candy
oh but the day shall come

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join