It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A warning to all the pro-abortionist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dawn1111

What do you suggest be done? Should we scrap the Hippocratic oath altogether to satisfy your religious beliefs?

The oath is old and may seem irrelevant, but for some like myself, it's an important daily reminder of what I should be doing, in addition to giving me strength when I have to deal with trying professional tribulations.

Over the years I've lost a few patients under my care, and I've found myself asking if what I did was right. Reflecting upon that oath that you so despise, I asked myself if I did everything within my ability to save the patient, and whether my decisions were ethical. This self reflection is a way for me to help free myself of any negativity, and on a few occasions was the reason I was able to pick myself up and save a life the following day. I hardly see that as being a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I love it when they feed the trolls here although they are not like the ones with the cute hair...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dawn1111

I would feel much better if my doctor was a total Atheist.

If my doctor was a total Atheist, then my doctor would understand that there is absolutely nothing twinkly sparkly feel good going to happen after I die, and because there is no second chance, and absolutely nothing, I think my doctor would have a greater and more profound respect for life.

If anyone thinks there is some kind of afterlife, I am immediately suspicious that their view on life NOW is cheapened, and discounted, because they think when they die, there's actually going to be something else.

Ho-hum, they've got heaven now. That's wishful my-little-pony care-bear strawberry-shortcake tinkerbell nonsense.

As to swearing on principles idealized as representative foundations of some Greek gods, or something along those lines; cool. I feel safer with doctors believing in Greek gods than some Christian, or Muslim or other sort.

<< 1  2   >>

join