It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Media Blackout Of US Credit Rating Drop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Sorry if this is in the wrong category. This story basically says our credit rating is being lowered again by the most well known of these rating companies because our debt is now matched with our GDP. To surpass it by 112% by 2014. The blackout according to a russian newscast is to spare us the shock of it. I read last week the federal reserve now owns 60% of the US debt. This is going nowhere but down. The truth of how deep the depression we are truly in is about to smack the US sheeple in the face.
Patriot Update

edit on 10-4-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

video link was damaged... it is working now
edit on 10-4-2012 by R_Clark because: repaired

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So if he ordered a "media blackout", then why has every MSM outlet and their grandmother spent months covering this topic to death. This is just another bogus claim by a blogger/utuber.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hmm the 1st hit I got on google was from FOX.

nation.foxnews.com...

3 days ago?
Where is the media blackout exactly??

More:

news.yahoo.com...

news.ph.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
This story basically says our credit rating is being lowered again by the most well known of these rating companies

The big three rating companies are Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s Investor Service, and Fitch Ratings.
It was Egan-Jones, a privately held ratings service that downgraded US credit rating. WHO? Egan-Jones, the small one you've never heard of.

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
The blackout according to a russian newscast is to spare us the shock of it.

And the evidence that this ever occurred is......???

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Saw the Vid, U-tube Author doesn't give a source.

While this may have happened, I can't put my trust in it without another source.

Thanks.

P.S. Internet wonkiness on the rise?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Another right wing lie. Is it not interesting that these supposed blackouts are so well documented by the MSM..

The worst blackout ever

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Strategically speaking, it might be a good idea to block out mainstream info on debt issues.

With the state of Greece and Spain and Portugal right now, precautions just might be in order.

I play down the fear mongering mainstreamers, but some of the images coming out of places like Athens are truly hair-raising.

Greek crisis in pictures: Athens in turmoil as riot police and protesters clash in Greece

Loosing one's credit rating -- as a nation -- can lead to some rather difficult situations for one and all. There are some instances that must be approached with great caution.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I heard bitcoin was a great idea. Went up to $4.85 today.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Yeah, did a couple searches for it. Online forums and below radar media was all I found. I watch the headlines everyday and these weren't top headline like the 1st US ratings degradation. Nothing heard on the 6 o'clock news or FOX news on-air coverage for that matter. Did you hear anything? What do you consider constitutes blackout?
I consider Ron Paul to be blacked out. The truth is still out there but the msm smokescreens it. Still blacked out.
edit on 10-4-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wow, thank god obamas doing such a bang up job looking out for us like this.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
the drop from AA+ to AA was not a blackout, it was on DrudgeReport two days ago.

Youtube IS NOT A SOURCE! regardless of the topic, mine as well quote wikipedia....

/facepalm/

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
people can't even make up decent lies anymore

sad

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If the blackout order was given now, it does not retroactively black out news stories posted 5 days ago. Just saying, and drudge doesnt count as msm, its alternative media, meaning its good.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think there's definitely some truth to this one.

Even if Eagan - Jones is a small private ratings outfit, you'd think the news would want to inform the public of their US rating moving from AA to AA+.

If they can tell us what color Lindsy Lohan's panties are for that given day, I'm pretty sure they would want the public to be aware of this.
Election year and all, so no way. I don't think the Obama admin could silence or blackout the media even if it wanted to, but there is definitely some colusion going on with this between the networks at a bare minimum.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

I wish people would read the stories before they opine on them. Also, youtube was second link to the story I posted. Additional sources as I had not tracked it back to the original source.

top topics

join