It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm done smart guy. You're trying to be cute, but I'm not going for the bait.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Calm down...no disrespect to your bro...my props to him. And I do understand the need to feel safe, but giving up liberties for a false sense of security is not wise. I have a daughter too, and I definitely understand that drive to protect. But in my world, I'M my daughter's first line of defense. WE are our first line of defense...not some puppet government. I'm more worried about THEM than some guy in a turban and sandals. Anyway, hope you and your family are safe in New York. And that's real, man.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

OK no cute stuff. Where do you draw the line on security? I actually agree that it's getting a bit out of control, but at the same time I think some of it is necessary. Not really because I walk around worried that the Taliban is coming to get me, more because there are a lot,of whackos here in the US. I don't like the body scanners, but I don't mind walking through a metal detector when I go into a courthouse or hop on a plane. I think it's prudent to station police around our nations capitol and monuments, and even to make sure people aren't sneaking in weapons.

I actually do want to hear your opinions, and will have a respectful conversation. I just really hate being called hoss.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Calm down...no disrespect to your bro...my props to him. And I do understand the need to feel safe, but giving up liberties for a false sense of security is not wise. I have a daughter too, and I definitely understand that drive to protect. But in my world, I'M my daughter's first line of defense. WE are our first line of defense...not some puppet government. I'm more worried about THEM than some guy in a turban and sandals. Anyway, hope you and your family are safe in New York. And that's real, man.

See I don't see it as that.I do agree it can be a bit much sometimes though.If I've got to go through securtity for five minutes oh well.I've done nothing wrong so I've got no worries.It's an inconvience that's it.I chose to go there so I knew what would happen.

i never said I was worried about guys in a turban or sandals.I don't let the MSM scare me.They're not the problem.It's the homegrown ones that scare me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Hey, fair enough, bro. I agree that some precautions are needed, but I also believe if left unchecked, it could prove to be not so great for us. If I came off as brash, that wasn't my intention.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I get what you're saying. We have a few differences in opinions, but at the end of the day, we're American. Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Same here. Sorry I think I was reading too much into one of your comments and got a little annoyed needlessly. I ate something so now I feel civil.

I agree that we need to pay close attention and not let our liberties die, It's hard to know where to draw the line.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Is everyone finished bickering?

Solutions, people! Solutions.

Cough 'em up!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm done. Sorry.

I suppose first we need to come to some sort of consensus as to what security measures go to far and trample rights, then think of possible solutions. I think yours was probably he best, vote in the right people.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

It's so sad to see how this compares to the rest of the world. I could just sit down and cry at times for what our own response and leadership has done to US in the aftermath of 9/11. All this security still has them warning us an attack could come at any time and reports are on the net clearly showing the feds know that solid training and motivation can get a lethal threat right on past security. It's feel good but who, exactly is supposed to be feeling good? It sure isn't the public. The security contractors of all kinds are certainly feeling good, maybe that is who they mean.

I remember wayyyy back in ancient history.....it was 1999. Dinosaurs roamed the earth and TV only had 3 channels in black and white!
What I remember was the common knowledge and wisdom that the aim of a terrorist is to instill terror and general fear of everything and nothing in the population being attacked. An American in 1999 would have said nothing would cause us to cave to terrorists and allow ourselves to become terrorized.

1 morning and about 3,000 deaths was all it took to change all that and for the bad guys to effectively get what they wanted. A fundamental and overwhelming change in the U.S. and general end to our sense of freedom and openness. For what?? Who is actually at the gates? If they're there...The gov needs to share the reports. Not classify them.

Added Note: I'd written this to the OP directly, as I am apt to do....not scrolling to the end first to see the "ending" as it were. Please take in context to that.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Is everyone finished bickering?

Solutions, people! Solutions.

Cough 'em up!

www.freedomreigns.us...
related to
pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com...

What do you think?

I must admit that I hold Hope. If this is a ploy by the enemy, it is a strange and a very
good one.
Though I thread cautiously, I am gravitating.

30 to 45 days before everyone knows. Then EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE turns.

Our world now is completely contrived, not only in terms of the OP, but across every other
aspect of the general public's dictated false reality. I believe that there is evidence, subtle
and otherwise, to indicate that something big is afoot.

Maybe we can get what we have always yearned for, for ourselves and
our children. To be properly born.

Maybe. Just Maybe.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Seriusly folks.

I was trying to make a point about the way our lives are changing. Even the nation's biggest newspapers write about it. Everyone talks about in the streets. We ALL KNOW this happening.

My observations were merely trying to underscore the obvious.

Stating an observation has nothing to do with whining.

Our lives have been irrevocably changed.

If you don't see that your head has been in the sand for most of your life.

How sad.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Excellent, excellent reply. I applaud your thinking.....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The day the police state rears its ugly head in the Section 8 housing projects and the ghetto neighborhoods of S Philly and Oakland , oh and Detroit then I'll actually believe we are safe....now it's all about movement restrictions and monitoring

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by MRuss

Stop whining.That's all I'm getting from your post.It's not that big of a deal to me.There is a reason why there's so much security.It is not 1920 anymore.The world has changed and so has America.Really,if you don't like it either do one of two things.Find another job or move to another country.Also,do you really expect security not to be tight in our nations capital?REALLY?
edit on 10-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, it is attitudes like this that not only allow for he loss of freedoms, but actually normalizes them. Sadly, when I see comments like this, I can't help but feel that the terrorists have won, they have changes the way you live.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
While we often get a bit of stick here in the UK for the camera issue, people returning from certain parts of the US are reporting how often cops pull people over. It seems we are all suffering from more state interference in our lives and that it has crossed the line of what is reasonable. The noose is being drawn tighter and tighter - boiling frog syndrome! And all the while blinkered peeps say 'If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear'.. If only... I don't know what we can do about this because it has gone so far now and we let it happen

edit on 10-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by MRuss

Thank you for your inside perspective, and please, pay no attention to the hillbillies since they won't be getting on board until they come for the guns. We have swapped places with the Russians, as they enjoy freedom and a booming economy we are putting up walls and surveillance cameras.
This sucks.

Sadly your comment rings true, I remember before the fall of the USSR, the west chiding them for some of the things we believed they were doing, now we are doing them in the name of security. My father is an old man, having served in the Army of Occupation in Germany after WW2, he has shared much with me, and they had more freedoms than you have in the US in many cases.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I am new to ATS and am now wondering what is the average age of members here? This country changed drastically after 9/11, far more than after WWII and others where far more people died. We lost many of our rights with the advent of the Patriot Act. There are cameras everywhere, recording every move. You can be located via your cel phone even if it is off, your computer remotely searched. Police drive by houses using devices to check if excessive heat is radiating from a potential grow room. There are police departments with APCs and some of our cities have drones flying above them. We do not have free speech and now if one wants to protest anything often permits must be pulled or one must stay in the 'free speech zone' far away from media. Our media is corporate owned and controlled which is why CNN and others are losing viewers big time and people are turning to alternative sites to get the 'real news'. In most states if you have a certain weed rowing in your yard your could be looking at time in prison even though that plant has caused zero deaths and even the govt has taken a patent on some of it's healing qualities while claiming it has no medicinal value. We are living in an Orwellian world and to speak up or act out is to risk the wrath of big brother crashing down.
If a terrorist group wanted to take out a few thousand people it could be done with relative ease regardless of the so called security in place. Forgive me for not going into detail on that.
It seems many here have no memory of what it was like 30or 40 years ago when one could openly protest anything and the biggest worry would be the reaction of other citizens with opposing views, not getting locked up sometimes for weeks.Back then children went to schools hat did not have cameras taping their every move, but today such is commonplace so when everything is recorded (like in many major cities) people think little of it. Just about everyone I know has at least 1 gun and shots are heard in my suburban neighbourhood several days a week. No big deal anymore. We can say and do as we like as long as it fits into the agenda of whomever is in control at the moment. The elderly, handicapped and small children are groped at airports or anyone that doesn't want to be exposed to the scanners. Seriously, some crazy stuff has been found on board planes even with all of this security. All of this because of one attack that killed less than 5k people.
Now, how many countries does the US have bases in? How many countries have we invaded in order to bring them the gift of democracy at the cost of tens of thousands of lives? How many women and children were killed by mistake or just simply because they were there? How many countries have we imposed our will upon some more forcefully than others? How would any of you feel if the tide was turned and another country, say China, came here and bombed the snot out of us killing innocent people, because there was some natural resource they wanted to get their hands on? We spend more then most of the rest of the world combined on our military, imprison a larger percentage of our people than China and have a lower standard of living than many others yet we like to say we are world leaders???
Maybe it's time the blinders come off and we look at how things really are rather than seeing only some bits through the lens of the American Dream which vanished long ago. Maybe calling it a police state is too strong for some, do you prefer Animal Farm? We have become a living Orwellian novel. So sad,

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think we are on our way toward it.

Not only with new laws - such as thew NDAA and the new supreme court ruling that you can be body cavity searched for anything. But also in the attitudes of the enforcers themselves.

There was a time that they treated the average Joe on the street as a citizen and was respectful and genuinely nice. There was a time they lived by the mantra 'To serve and Protect" and that everyone was innocent until proven guilty.

This is not exactly how things are now and they appear to get worse as subtle freedoms and liberties fall under scrutiny and quiet little laws are passed to take parts of those freedoms away. Now, you are basically treated as if you are guilty until proven innocent and the way certain officers have been caught behaving toward just average, non-threatening people is extremely alarming...yelling at kids, tasering women...basically using ugly brute force anywhere for anything... whether it is necessary or not.

They have made people afraid of them and I guess they think that gives them authority and power...but...sometimes, that flip flops...you never know what a scared animal is going to do when cornered....the policy of fear and terror generally goes bad for the oppressor at some point...maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but at some point, they will get exactly what they expect and someone will lash out in fear...

and then the masses start assembling...and then we have really ugly things happen.
edit on 4/10/2012 by Damrod because: spelling

edit on 4/10/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/10/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
No problems out here in West Texas. People seem to do what they want, when they want.

I've been pulled over a couple times here and the cops are reasonable and fair when they could have really nailed me (may just be because I'm white though).

My advice: Get out of places like DC, NY, LA, SF, etc.

Yeah, really. I haven't been on the East Coast since my semi driving days in the late 80s, things surely have changed out there. I live in Southern Ohio, and we do not have anything here other than speed/drug cops on the highways, and DOT. You can open carry, as long as the butt is not visible, and many carry long knives on their belts. I have an understanding with the LEOs, as long as they do not waste my time, I promise not to waste theirs. We do not have guards on anything that I am aware of near here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join