It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had $44.2 Trillion dolars,what would you do with it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So while I was reading a post here on ATS-
Guess which company had $44.2 trillion dollars in derivative trades at the end of last year?

I thought to myself. What would I do with that kind of money? And more importantly, what would you with this amount of money?

Leave your interesting ideas and comments below. I would love to hear your wonderful money usage

I personally would-
# Get myself someone secure with no threat around me in a peaceful society.

# Leave some money for future life expenditure (I don’t think I would have to save up).

# Rather than give to a charity, I would personally go around countries providing with aid and shelter, trying to develop the country in order to secure future investments and income

# Create companies, and secure a government that is lead by the people, for the people not for corporations to have their share in it.

# Much,much more.But I'm too tired to add further hence the fact it is nearly 4am.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
blow it all in vegas

isn't that what governments and corporations do with that kind of wealth?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What would I do with 44.2T?? 2 chicks at the same time!!!

No really... Hmm what couldnt you do with that amount of money...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Few millions for myself,few real estates,trust fund for my future children although nothing fancy I don't want them to be spoiled brats,secure my immediate family and my best friends,lavishly spoil my three cats(I doubt that's even possible). That would certainly cost me a few more millions.With the rest I would help toward saving endangered species , and raising awareness about animals,help every person I can, provide scholarships,find a cure for cancer and HIV,and free clean energy source,that's about it.
Does anyone else feel it's disgusting for a person,or even a single business entity to have so much money/power?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
1) Buy myself a small house in the country
2) Buy a fuel efficient car
3) Save some

And the rest...do volunteer work around the world while donating money to programs that have solution-oriented people with positive attitudes and humble hearts.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I would make sure the world knew I had it. I would tell the world I was going to fix the economy. I would write checks to all the governments in the amount to clear their current state debts. Call a big conference at the u.n. and hand out the checks. Then call the bank and cancel the checks.

Then I would take forty three trillion and give it away equally to the world population. That would be about six thousand a person.

With the remaining trillion me and one lucky woman are on our way out of this solar system. Making babies. To colonize the universe.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I would buy up factories anf farmland in my local area. Use the farms for organic food production and be able to sell the food locally for cheap prices, in turn this would contribute to healthier eating. I would do this with both produce farms and animal farms. As time progressed I would branch out and go as far as the money would take me.

The factories I would reopen and have them producing made in america products. The kind of things people use on a daily basis. Both the factories and the farms would create jobs in the area and as things grew it would begin to change the world one town and ond one farm at a time. There would be no homeless or unemployed in these areas.

I would also build a university in the military veterans with programs and assistance for all veterans. I would build it and the students GI bills would fund the day to day costs. It would be a place of higher learning for any vet who wanted to better themselves.

Also everything I would do would also be geared to living eco friendly. I would love to dabble in free energy but that still seems to be a dangerous buisness.

Oh, and I would only give myself enough to have no more money problems. I hate money for what it is and what it does to people. I do not aspire to be financially wealthy and I kind of hope I never have to carry that burden.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

I certainly do think it is horrible when one man has everything while others don’t.
I'm pretty sure that there is a cure for cancer but the government is earning too much from it to let go off it.
HIV is probably a man made disease so therefore there is a possibility there is a cure.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Well I think they probably do so.
Another place where they love to spend the money is stock exchange.
For things that they cannot afford,or even when they can it is not really secure to make a investment on.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would make the world a better place.

1. $1 million contracts go out for the heads of greedy selfish power collecting masters of the universe.
2. Philanthropy would be encouraged by example and enforced by #1.
3. Goodbye big oil. Hello alt energy.
4. Minimum worldwide food, housing, living allowance. If you want to be a bum, you won't starve, you'll have a safe place to hang your hat and call home, plus a little bit of pocket change. If you work doing anything, well, you get more.
5. Tax breaks for people that DON'T have children. Overpopulation and increasing populations impact standards of living for everyone. Incentive-ive through taxes, social media influences, the importance of decreasing populations worldwide.
6 Hello space habitats. Research into getting off this rock and homesteading the astroid belt at the very least would be highly encouraged.

There's more, but, those are some of the bigger issues.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I would pay off the national debt and split the rest with every adult American.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

What would I do with 44.2T?? 2 chicks at the same time!!!

Just two?

Seriously, the simple answer is....Anything I damned well please....and I mean ANYTHING.
With that kind of dough, there isn't ANYTHING you couldn't get away with.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Number one is hire a financial and legal team, after that I'd take it a step at a time, keeping shelters and tax breaks front and center. If I got it, I'm keeping it (not handing it willingly to the govt) though I would certainly create a foundation or two.

P.s. I read that as billion not trillion. I don't even know that I can comprehend that much.

edit on 11-4-2012 by ReadAwhile because: (no reason given)

top topics

join