It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO One-Size-Fits-All religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Universalism = Everyone will be saved/will be with God.

Practical example: Do you let people just knock on your door and let them move in if they have no relationship with you whatsoever?

And I asked you if you had plans for Easter, I know you don't celebrate the resurrection. I meant were you getting together with family et cetra. I was speaking about me and sister and her family getting together. Easter was a Catholic invention, that came from Greece, through Persia, from Babylon. Just like Christmas. The early Christians celebrated Passover. The Catholic Church set up their holiday Easter so it would never fall on Passover.

Here is Occam's razor at work:

Roman Praetorian guards were quite astute in knowing if a person was dead or not. And if they were not, making certain they were. Their heads would be required if they did not make sure. Great insurance policy there.

or:

It was Roman law that if the family requested the body for burial a spear must first be thrust into the heart before the body could be pulled down and given to them.

or:

Alleged eye-witnesses (all of them except John) do not joyfully accept death for refusing to recant their testimony.

edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

. . . teaching that He was the only Way to God by His sacrifice . . .

So what are you saying, that you enter God's presence holding before you Jesus' blood as an offering?
Funny how earlier in your post you described how you eschew the philosophy of the Catholics, when here you seem to be showing yourself as being right in line with it.

Practical example: Do you let people just knock on your door and let them move in if they have no relationship with you whatsoever?
Are you saying that by virtue of your relationship by way of your possession of some of Jesus' blood, you will be allowed admission? Like some sort of a ticket or entry payment you are offering the gate keeper?
edit on 10-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . teaching that He was the only Way to God by His sacrifice . . .

So what are you saying, that you enter God's presence holding before you Jesus' blood as an offering?

Quote? Wiki

Funny how you earlier in your post described how you eschew the philosophy of the Catholics, when here you seem to be showing yourself as being right in line with it.

I can't recall I ever teaching I must eat a magical Jesus cookie to be saved.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So how you differentiate yourself from Catholicism is merely the exact degree of magic involved in the nature of a wafer? (I will not join you in your blasphemous ridicule of the body of Christ)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So how you differentiate yourself from Catholicism is merely the exact degree of magic involved in the nature of a wafer? (I will not join you in your blasphemous ridicule of the body of Christ)

I'm not ridiculing the body of Christ. But the ridiculous doctrine that a piece of wafer that the Catholics buy from the same church supply outlets that Protestants buy their wafers from is somehow magically transformed into flesh is what I'm mocking.

We do it to remember His broken body, not to eat Him for a snack.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Nope, but there is a One-size-fits-all Jesus Christ who is risen and seated at the right hand of God. Piss on religion, it's a spirit of bondage to Legalism.

"Piss on religion"

You know.... the christian idea that "all men are born in sin, and that they need to believe Jesus' died for their sins in order to be saved" is religious dogma by-the-numbers.

edit on 10-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Nope, but there is a One-size-fits-all Jesus Christ who is risen and seated at the right hand of God. Piss on religion, it's a spirit of bondage to Legalism.

"Piss on religion"

You know.... the christian idea that "all men are born in sin, and that they need to believe Jesus' died for their sins in order to be saved" is religious dogma by-the-numbers.

Only to folks who confuse an intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ as religion. Is the relationship you have with your wife or father a religion? If you think it is I'll change my theology.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

We do it to remember His broken body, not to eat Him for a snack.

I don't know why this discussion should seem appropriate for this thread. But let's take it to a little higher level.

Consubstantiation is a theological doctrine that (like Transubstantiation) attempts to describe the nature of the Christian Eucharist in concrete metaphysical terms. It holds that during the sacrament, the fundamental "substance" of the body and blood of Christ are present alongside the substance of the bread and wine, which remain present.

This was a sticking point for me back in '81 when I was getting confirmed as a Lutheran. I suspended judgment for a later time. Now that I am a Pagan, I understand it.
1) We are what we eat.

2) If Jesus lived a flesh and blood life on this Earth then the atoms that formed his physical being are still with us.

a)1 Cor 15: 48 "As is the one made of dust, such are those who are also made of dust; and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 As we have borne the image of those made of dust, let’s also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood can’t inherit the Kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery. We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,"

b) If Jesus ascended, he left his physical atoms. If he didn't ascend, he left his physical atoms.

3) Atoms are not static, they move constantly. Eventually, every piece of bread you eat has Jesus. Every drink you take has Jesus. This cannot be avoided.

4) I Corinthians 11:29 "For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy way eats and drinks judgment to himself, if he doesn’t discern the Lord’s body. 30 For this cause many among you are weak and sickly, and not a few sleep."

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Jesus said to do it to remember Him. Every time I do it I remember what He did for me. His body was broken for my healing and He shed His blood for my sins to be forgiven. (Isaiah 52:7- 53)

Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Only to folks who confuse an intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ as religion. Is the relationship you have with your wife or father a religion? If you think it is I'll change my theology.

Well, a hindu can also say he has an intimate personal relationship with Krishna.... and then claim he is beyond "religion". What makes christianity an exception?

Secondly, a relationship with a wife or a father is not a religion, because there is no "belief system" involved.
Your "intimate personal" relationship with Jesus has a theological element to it... you maintain a particular belief system regarding Jesus.

Religions are faith-based belief systems and you've got one too. Simply saying "its not religion, but a relationship" does not change anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Well, a hindu can also say he has an intimate personal relationship with Krishna.... and then claim he is beyond "religion". What makes christianity an exception?

krishna isn't Jesus. And you can have a relationship with Him, He is the word made flesh, you speak to Him, He speaks back. I have his Word in my hands. You have a relationship with Him like you would anyone else, you speak to Him, and when you repent and accept Him the Holy Spirit lives inside you and He speaks back, and what He says is always confirmed in His written Word.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

krishna isn't Jesus. And you can have a relationship with Him, He is the word made flesh, you speak to Him, He speaks back. I have his Word in my hands. You have a relationship with Him like you would anyone else, you speak to Him, and when you repent and accept Him the Holy Spirit lives inside you and He speaks back, and what He says is always confirmed in His written Word.

Of course Krishna isn't Jesus. There are theological differences.
But that doesn't mean that a hindu cant claim to have a personal relationship with Krishna.
A hindu can also give an account of how he feels in his relationship with his deity, that is not any less valid.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

krishna isn't Jesus.

Might have been the same Divine spirit, just in a different place and time.
You don't know it wasn't.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

the Mormons I think it was claimed to see Jesus too... I have not got my hands on that book yet, I will see if I can find it online for d/l.

Jesus fits pretty well for monotheism in my opinion... he bucks the system.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Jesus said to do it to remember Him. Every time I do it I remember what He did for me. His body was broken for my healing and He shed His blood for my sins to be forgiven. (Isaiah 52:7- 53)

Simple as that.
No, it is not that simple, seeing how it never says that in Isaiah, and so then it becomes more complex, involving listening to lessons from your cult leader.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Simple as that.
No, it is not that simple, seeing how it never says that in Isaiah, and so then it becomes more complex, involving listening to lessons from your cult leader.

"But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed." ~ Isaiah 53:5

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

krishna isn't Jesus.

Might have been the same Divine spirit, just in a different place and time.
You don't know it wasn't.

Yes I do, krishna is a demon spirit.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

ANY thing, ANY person, who goes against the Truth, (The Christ, Jesus), has its (their) roots with the deceitful being.

I am not saying they are evil so to speak - they are just rooted in false deception, misconceptions, lies, deceit, etc. And those false ideas help promote evil by denying the Light of the world....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

Originally posted by wildtimes
Totally agree with you. I think there is a 'design', and the more I learn about quantum physics, and natural laws, and the human condition...the more I know we just don't know.

Ten years ago, talented friend of mine, graduate of physics and philosophy, revealed few of quantum wonders to me, and their implications on very fabric of reality.
And I strongly believe understanding of quantum mechanics is next step on ladder of civilisation, not harnessing energy of our sun
There is strong evidence, that our quantum processes are what really makes us "tick", what gives us conciousness. Which means that A.I. is and will be possible. And from there Singularity begins.

And it seems like some very powerful people are also aware of that, seeing vast investment in LHC in todays time where market is not generous to science projects.
edit on 9-4-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

I don't think quantum mechanics will give us the answers, but it draws the boundary between science and religion. It shows that there is a limit to what science can know and predict thereby making room for religion.

I would like to understand quantum mechanics better for that reason. I took a class a long time ago in college but it was all math and symbols and monkey-see monkey-do.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

ANY thing, ANY person, who goes against the Truth, (The Christ, Jesus), has its (their) roots with the deceitful being.

I am not saying they are evil so to speak - they are just rooted in false deception, misconceptions, lies, deceit, etc. And those false ideas help promote evil by denying the Light of the world....

Paul addressed that (Galatians 1:6-9:

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."

Would have saved Muhammad, Joseph Smith, and Charles Taze Russell from massive error. Not all shining angels of light are from God.

"And not to wonder at this, for if he who is Satan resembles an Angel of light," 2 Corinthians 11:14

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join