It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So i was talking to this guy.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It was today and he is a local merchant who owns a small liquor store. I have done business with him many times over the past year or eighteen months. I don't own a car and his store is near my apartment.about a quarter mile or so from where I live. A few times in the past I have run an honor credit with the owner.

Well today on my way home from work I stopped by the store. Not having any cash I asked the owner if it was okay if I took a can of beer and paid him later. In the past we have done similar agreements with no questions asked. Today it was.......weird.

After I asked him he said he couldn't and that it was against the law. He kept looking at the security cameras almost like he was talking to them. I was curious but thought maybe he changed his policy.

The owner kind of made small talk and followed me out the exit. When we were outside away from the cameras he handed me the beer and said it was no problem just to pay him later.

A little confused I thanked him and walked home.

Anyone else notice strange behaviors from friends?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Maybe he's tired of freeloaders and the giveaways are starting to affect him financially so much that he has to stop the "Honor Credit" system here soon but felt bad and caved in and gave you a beer cause he just a nice guy. Or maybe the owner is monitoring him because of missing inventory that has been given away by the "Honor Credit" system.
edit on 9-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Does your state have an LCB....maybe he got busted doing that and was trying to be careful. they do sting ops all the time

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
He's probably being getting a regular audit of some sort. Not that they'd care too much that he loaned you a beer, but they do them occasionally.

My local liquor mart buddies would spot me something at the drop of the time
I'm always chatting it up with them and they've done it before.

However, I've had a decent job for the last year or so I don't need loans anymore.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah the owner has to be very careful doing something like that.. you're lucky he ever let you do it before..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

hey i don't freeload.

i just didn't have cash on me.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think it probably had more to do with liquor laws than his personal business with you, I come to that conclusion with how you describe his demeanor inside in view of the cameras (with possibly Audio recording ability?) and the change outside out of view/ earshot of the cameras. Maybe his wife was in the "office" and he thought he would get chewed out by her? Who knows, only my take on it.

top topics

join