It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one that believes America needs a second revolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Two hundered and thirty-six years ago the United States of America was formed. The American revolution had just ended and the rebels had one. Back then the British government put taxes on nearly everything, treated us as powerless and insignificant, told us how to live our lives, they governed everything we knew. Today the circumstances aren't that different, only this time it's our own government and we appear to either be fearful or indifferent. Should we actually allow this tyranny in the world to exist.

Recently, many foreign countries in europe and africa have rebeled against their government and won. Things are bad and unfortunately they're more than likely to get worse. True change will never happen unless we all unite against a common enemy, we have to usher in the new era.

I have a feeling in my gut that there will eventually be a second revolutionary war, we need it, how else could we possibly ever eradicate the poisonous corruption that runs deep in the veins of our government. We could stand united in a country for the people, by the people. We could show the world what true americans stand for, we could lead an example by peace not war and international affairs. We could still aide other countries If the peoples so wished, said would be done peacefully without war, we would not fight any other country unless the declare war upon us.

I could go on and on, we could change the world, it might take decades but it is possible.
Maybe i'm wrong and there is a better solution, or perhaps you would agree. Perhaps someday our decendacts will be reading the word " We the people of the United States of America, declare revolution upon our government." Think about it.

edit on 4/9/2012 by JohnCreed777 because: Misspell in title

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why do you want war in America??? Have you ever been in a war? I know first hand its not pretty... Nor would I wish that on my worst enemy... Sure we have problems but a war is a little scary to think about

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Those that want war have nothing to lose and are not willing to work for a better life. I see this as a new computer game mentality where you can just reset a computer game if you do not like how it is going, and they want to reset life in some way.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

A second, then a third, and a fourth.. and so on and so forths, as long as the result afterwards is just a "rehash" of the same system: Capitalism, using the monetary system, inherently aiming for infinite growth. It is inherently corrupt and flawed, doomed to become ever more corrupt until the next revolution to "reset" it again.

No, what is really needed is something like the Venus project, based on a different value base, a complete redesign of society from the ground up.

Another revolution would just make it better in the short run. But sure, it´s better than nothing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I'm down for a second revolution

as long as I can re-load my game with cheats if it doesnt go the way I want

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
your not the only one, anon thinks we need one to www.abovetopsecret.com...

but i think america is full off people that are too lazy to do anything themselves, and theres too many people that would fear loosing there jobs if they joined some revolutionary group. now if they had someone to rally behind maybe a few of the sheeple would wake up. think about this if there was a revolution who would set up our new government?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You're not the only one who believes this.

Problem is, back then you had nothing but white people from Europe who loved their new found freedoms and were willing to fight for them because the memory of NOT having them was still fresh on their minds.

Now, you have demographics from all over the world here who still pledge allegiance to their home countries more than here.

There's very little if any loyalty for this country left.

I know this analogy might be a little stretched, but years ago before the Arizona Cardinals won the Super Bowl and you went to a home game in Glendale, you would find more Jerseys from other teams in the stadium than Cardinals jerseys because there are so many people down there from different parts of the country that brought their allegiances with them.

Phoenix is to the U.S. what the U.S. is to the world. A melting pot.

People may talk the talk but they're not going to walk the walk.

A revolution is needed, but it's not going to happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There has been a second revolution in America.

The Constitution is dead and absolutely nothing is now beyond the scope of the central government's power.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yep unless the british
are coming or said whoever.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
America needs to form an NTC. The CIA have shown the world the blueprint for overthrowing governments. The American Government has made the murder of corrupt officials an accepted practice. The American Mainstream Media have blurred the lines between freedom fighter/rebel an terrorist like never before. The congress approval rating is stuck at a record low. The term 'career politician' has never been more of a derogatory term than it is right now. Bankers and CEO's have never been under more scrutiny. It is almost time to make the apple drop. All we have to do is follow the CIA.

We need martyr's,we need 'rebels' and we need an NTC. We also need outside support and acknowledgment from Russia and China. Im sure we can cut them a great deal in return for them recognising our NTC. Im sure we could also count on them for different forms of support if we cut them a juicy deal.

It could be done. The best time for a revolution is when the country is at war or in a depression. We could get both in America very soon. Maybe we should be getting our peoples army ready. Maybe we should be forming our NTC. Is that what OWS is doing right now?
We need an army, not a bunch of cry-baby hipsters.

link   
If by revolution you mean an armed insurrection, I would say no, that is the last thing that we need. The political system is broken and being held hostage by extremist on both sides, but I don't believe that it is broken beyond repair.

The cost of a violent revolution (in lives and capital) would be beyond anything the world has seen. Not to mention the fact that we would be low hanging fruit for any of the remaining large powers to grab.

If by revolution you mean local activism and working within the law and the current political system, then yes, it is absolutely time to act.

link   
Hey, as long as there is a clear plan as to what the revolution is all about, I'm game.
Otherwise, it will turn into just another Occupy movement.

"The Occupiers are revolting!"
"Yeah, and they stink too!"
edit on 9-4-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
BAD BAD IDEA!!!!!!!
Do you want your family or friends killed by your family and friends? Learn your history or you will be doomed to repeat it!
This will not be like when we were rebelling against despotic King, no in this case we will be throwing away 236 years of hard work!

Typically Revolutions result in....get this...A DICTATORSHIP!!!

Read and learn! If we have a Revolution here, Mark my words we will no longer have a Democracy, the same democracy that lifted up half of the world! We will be thrown into chaos (which is what TPTB want!!!). When there is a revolutionary war only Banks and the Rich will benefit. The people here will be ruled with an Iron fist and it will 1000X worse than it is today!
We are the only country that has had a safe, sane, and stable, turn of political power for more than 150 years!
Open your eyes, you think it is bad now? You have seen NOTHING…

Read about the Russian Bolshevik revolution or the French Revolution or any of the smaller countries like Iraq that has lead to our current problems or South American contries.

Please think and read and learn…American Revolution is a Bad idea that will lead to the 1st Dictator of USA and not for 4-8 years!

www.amazon.com...
cyclingprof.blogspot.com...
wiki.answers.com...
www.americanforeignrelations.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Most definitely. If the people don't revolutionize, the government will for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The problem is congress because it keeps making laws non-stop.

We need to get rid of congress.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Xtrozero

I'm down for a second revolution

as long as I can re-load my game with cheats if it doesnt go the way I want

It's like the occupy movement. Many of them are in their early 20s and when I was in my 20s I worked a full time job and at the end of the week I still only had gas money left in my pocket....I saw this as a bad thing and so I strived to do better every year, and it worked...lol

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
BAD BAD IDEA!!!!!!!
Do you want your family or friends killed by your family and friends? Learn your history or you will be doomed to repeat it!
This will not be like when we were rebelling against despotic King, no in this case we will be throwing away 236 years of hard work!

Typically Revolutions result in....get this...A DICTATORSHIP!!!

Read and learn! If we have a Revolution here, Mark my words we will no longer have a Democracy, the same democracy that lifted up half of the world! We will be thrown into chaos (which is what TPTB want!!!). When there is a revolutionary war only Banks and the Rich will benefit. The people here will be ruled with an Iron fist and it will 1000X worse than it is today!
We are the only country that has had a safe, sane, and stable, turn of political power for more than 150 years!
Open your eyes, you think it is bad now? You have seen NOTHING…

Read about the Russian Bolshevik revolution or the French Revolution or any of the smaller countries like Iraq that has lead to our current problems or South American contries.

Please think and read and learn…American Revolution is a Bad idea that will lead to the 1st Dictator of USA and not for 4-8 years!

Lol ya, so if we have a revolution here who takes over? Russia saw Stalin....80 million killed under him...need I say more?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes
your not the only one, anon thinks we need one to www.abovetopsecret.com...

but i think america is full off people that are too lazy to do anything themselves, and theres too many people that would fear loosing there jobs if they joined some revolutionary group. now if they had someone to rally behind maybe a few of the sheeple would wake up. think about this if there was a revolution who would set up our new government?

Revolution doesnt mean war...Russia did it without war, they starved for a year or 2 and the Mafia took over to keep the anarchy away.
My question is revolt against a corrupt government but what will replace it...Ron Paul becomes King? No not on my watch

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Ron Paul doesn't want to be king, he wants YOU to be king (at least of your own life). I know that scares a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Am I the only one that believes "TPTB" needs a second revolution?

Revolt and rebel. All the more reasons you will give "them" to further force you into a police state. Use force to change a thing, and you call for to be used against yourself.

Sincere and true change comes from the hearts and minds of men through mutual dialogue, respect, and consideration. Peace does not manifest from war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join