It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terragen │ Photo Realistic 3D Scene & Free Version

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make a post about this piece of software that I have fun using every now and then. Terragen allows you to create 3D environments that look real enough that you would not be able to differentiate a Terragen scene from a photo in many cases. I have been using it since Terragen classic which they now let anyone download for free. I am posting this here as it is an amazing showcase of the technology available to the consumer(for free) and it is used for more than just general art stuff, you can even create animated fly throughs! Most people I talk to, even in the 3D world do not seem to know about it, there is also Vue but I prefer Terragen. Anyway go try out Terragen classic as it is free and you will get addicted. If you go check out Planeside’s forums you will find some amazing renders from Terragen veterans.
Planeside Website Link

Here is a couple of my own Terragen renders, bare in mind you do not have to be a good artist to create stunning enviroments.

I hope this is in the right section, Terragen is not specifically an art program so I figured it fits better in the technology section, plus I am sure many people who check out this section would love to mess about in Terragen classic.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Man I remember this software! I used to mess around with it at LEAST 6-7 years ago on a crappy AMD k7 600MHZ cpu, took forever to render anything and it didn't look as good as this version! Can't wait to see how my Intel i5 handles some rendering

Thanks for reminding me of this awesome software!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Awesome man, Thanks for this. So the free version you use is called Terragen Classic?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I remember this I made great scenes using the original 0.93 v of the software.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
Awesome man, Thanks for this. So the free version you use is called Terragen Classic?

I use Terragen 2 now but I started off with Terragen Classic, the classic version is still amazing though it has its limitations. Also to the other reply, yeah back when I was on my old computer I used to leave images to render all night but I have a Quad core now. To those new to the software, I suggest you first look up some render setting info so you can render images far quicker. Do not do what I did and just change random settings unless you want to wait days for a render.

This is the classic version if you want to download it.
Terragen Classic Free

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So what version of teragen did you use to make those renders you have linked in the OP?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The first two I was using Terragen two, I think the last one was rendered in classic. I think the only major difference between the two is Terragen 2 allows you to render populations(tree and vegetation etc), well I do not remember that feature back when I was using it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

But you were using the full version and not the demo?

top topics

join