It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i saw a ghost while looking after a 900year old building as a caretaker !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

this is a shot of the building and how beautifull and well you work it out for yourselfs
edit on 9-4-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I find the subject of ghosties and haunting intriguing after going through several episodes of strangess in my flat a couple of decades ago. A few months of random fright and downright terror, followed by another few months of comical, almost playful events. Then my brother moved out and it all stopped abruptly! I still think there was something following him.
I often wonder too at the possible existence of some sort of energy, be it good or bad depending on the circumstances of events that took place at that location, that lingers in some places.

A few years ago, after taking a year out of work after redundancy, I started work again as a security supervisor at a pharmaceutical company's site. Now, having gone through the experiences at my flat years earlier, I'd sort of become hardened to strangeness and the dark never bothered me at all, still doesn't. But, I always found the "atmosphere" at that site oppressive and could never explain it.
On the night shifts especially I'd suddenly get the chills and the hairs on the back of my neck would stand on end. I'd see small fleeting shadows all the time and often had the impression of being watched. After a year there I finally landed a much better job and resigned, but just before I left we had animal rights protestors turn up for a small demo. It was then that I found out that the site had indeed been an animal testing lab several years earlier, something I had not known before I started or during the months I had worked there. I still think to this day that the this was the cause of my unease there, something I was picking up somehow.

So, I can sympathise with the OP and know how frightening these things can be. I know it's often "debunked" as irrational fear and the mind playing tricks, usually by people who have not experienced such events, but to me and others who have experienced these things it's all very real indeed. I know science can't prove the existence of such things, but then there's a whole lot that science can't explain or doesn't yet know!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

it could very well be some thing going on . thanx for comments ..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

What a lovely old building! I would love to be able to spend time in such a place so rich in history (ghost and all).

Have you tried taking pictures or set up recording devices?

I don't have a doubt that there are more than one ghost still roaming the halls. Do you feel the lady is there protecting her place? I've heard how some previous owners who loved their homes and property stick around even after death to watch over their places and will go to extremes if they feel that their place is being trespassed. Maybe you could say out loud how your just there to keep an eye on things and make sure nobody breaks in. The ghosts could even be upset that tours are being run and all the strangers roaming about.

Another thought and this is true too for the poster who worked where animals where being harmed: maybe the residue of the extreme negative emotions are lingering on and being felt from their deaths.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I to agree w/ your opinion on the way the post was written...

Who cares... Great story for ATS....

Why then was my post removed as I said the same damn thing but your post is kept and not off topic?
I'll give you a star for feeling the same way and being able to say it!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by Schkeptick

I to agree w/ your opinion on the way the post was written...

Who cares... Great story for ATS....

Why then was my post removed as I said the same damn thing but your post is kept and not off topic?
I'll give you a star for feeling the same way and being able to say it!!

NICE POST. How many of the posters that dished me can claim to be able to share a ghost story with also having other people in said video share the experiences, and also a privilege of working there and be able to actually say it is haunted..I sadly do not work there anymore, but i have many other true ghost encounters to share with you, as i have been in the oldest most haunted buildings in europe ..a fantastic privilege and a frightening

one . This is nothing compared to my other experiences in places while being a caretaker.
and my experiences are true ..I will post shortly my friends ..wot i am about to tell you in future posts are the facts of wot really happend they way it did.I hate liars who say to get attention and sell books etc, i remember reading some books, only for the author in some to have been debunked. Wot i say will be an accurate explanation to wot i went through on my many experiences
working away in places 100s o years old which only some could dream of being at. i was PRIVILEGED to do so.

peace..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

How many of the posters that dished me can claim to be able to share a ghost story with also having other people in said video share the experiences, and also a privilege of working there and be able to actually say it is haunted

Ignore it, some of us just can't seem to help ourselves.

On topic: Thanks for sharing this. I once spent a night in a very old cemetery to prove it wasn't haunted. Wrong thing to do.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

On topic: Thanks for sharing this. I once spent a night in a very old cemetery to prove it wasn't haunted. Wrong thing to do.
reply to post by Klassified

ooh, lets hear about it!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think it's highly suspicious coming to the part where you said you saw a woman, instead of describing the woman (which, IMO, would be the logical thing to do)....you have nothing to do than pointing out you have a black belt?

I am not a psychologist, and needless to say i don't know whether your story is true, but its waaaaaaayyyy too much --> ME

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I think it's highly suspicious coming to the part where you said you saw a woman, instead of describing the woman (which, IMO, would be the logical thing to do)....you have nothing to do than pointing out you have a black belt?

I am not a psychologist, and needless to say i don't know whether your story is true, but its waaaaaaayyyy too much --> ME

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
the council who ran the building . opted to put an alarm system instead of our firms services which is cheaper
i suppose in the long run. i loved it there in the end upset to go.

one day the police turnt up as they would come in and use it for toilet and there breaks and the alsatian
dog went crazy at the stairwell near the north solar .they would have there own key for the gate .
they obviously used to check on me make sure i am alright . because the place is worth a few million and before you would get kids jumping on the roof playing around the grounds near the moat.
and is a rough area indeed. i had alot of responsibility i can tell you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the girls who worked there during the daytime said things about noises etc i never mentioned alot to them didnt want to scare them to much i mentioned a few things like noises and such because they asked and said they heard
noises.my main function was being on guard in the daytime and to help out as in the daytime the place was open for the public being a museum and such.but it was nightime i dreaded to begin with.

that cold musty smell in the air and a smell everytime id go upstairs doing my rounds struck me
as odd as it would be prominent up there.made me reach.

as i walked the hall and shone my torch the hairs on my neck would stand up.

no backing out it was part of the job. the grounds where eerie at night and my bedroom well i never slept for a week
hardly as i do whenever i go to a new area,takes time because tour guards up. so it seems its not just burgalars
potential squatters and juveniles to repel its also the forces unkown .i have so many true storys of my experiences to tell you and i will in due time. as a poster said on here you didnt describe the woman you saw
well it was just like a shadow how do you know you might ask well its like an outline i suppose the hair was up it resembled a woman but as a dark shadow is all i can say. peace people. im not after flags or stars i just want to share my story with like minded people without fear of ridicule that you will get from people that dont like conspiracys
supernatural phenomena etc. i do not need attention as i get that from friends and loved ones .
just your thoughts and your experiences

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

another thing seances have been held there at night numerous times maybe that unsettles them maybe not
maybe you can share your insight i dont claim to know to much about this phenomena maybe you do
ill try and get back to you i read every post .p.s i am no literacy expert my writing is not the best
.all i can say is the story i told you is correct. i used to be a skeptic but now i am not so sure my friends .
any questions ill be more than happy to answer i have been so lucky to have stayed there and it has changed my whole life i hope this story changes yours.i used to laugh at storys like this, NO MORE..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Not quite as interesting as the OP's experience.

I heard music coming from my car twice, and when I would get up from my sleeping bag, it would stop when I got about half way there. The problem with that is, I had my keys in my pocket. There was no way to turn the radio on. I would have heard anyone open and shut the car doors. And I would have heard anyone traipsing around in the woods surrounding me.

I did see a few flashes of light, like orbs or something. And I heard whispering a few times. If I was the recipient of a practical joke, I've yet to figure out how they did it.

And they must have given up, because after that, I went to sleep and didn't wake up till the morning. Not so sure I would do that now though. That was decades ago.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Very creepy encounter . You have guts for sticking it out. I live in west midlands not to far from west brom never heard of the manor house but if I ever grow some balls I will go and check it out. I watched the most haunted ep and seems like people have seen what you have seen which atleast confirms you're not goin mad! .

Abot off topic but Derek ackora , to me he seems so fake I don't know why people pay to go and see him live.

Anyway thanks for sharing and I don't why people are so quick to say attention seeking everytime someone shares an encounter that they find hard to believe.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
This story i am about to tell you is a story of wot happend to me a few years ago while looking after this 900year
old building in england the west midlands.. My job as a caretaker takes me around the country looking after bars pubs as we call it in england , people wot i am about to tell you, has haunted me for a while and i wish to share this story with you all .

It started 2 years, ago me and my boss was sitting in his van ,on the way up the drive would take us about 4 hours as we were coming up from the south of england,jokingly my boss says this place your looking after is about 900 years old my friend he says.,i said really he says yeah. When we finally got there the manager met us, showed me around . i was then shown the gas boiler electric, storeroom rooms, which i must say this place was huge as i had a few buildings to keep an eye on. So after that we sat down with a coffee and then he said there is something i must warn you about i said nervously whats that, he said you do know that this place has many memorys , our last caretaker saw things here, i said really how come, he said the place is haunted and the other caretaker just got on with it ..I said you need not worry spooks dont scare me so he said if you get any worrys then my numbers on the board over there just ring me anytime..ok i said will do..
So my people i said my farewells to my boss and the manager of the place, closed the door behind them locked up,i then unpacked my stuff and had another look around when i heard this loud slamming noise ...
just old wood i kept saying just old wood maybe a door keeps slamming maybe theres a window open somewhere .so i went around the building to find a draft or window left open etc. i found everything locked no probs there,it was a this time that i decided to use the toilet which was some distance from the main hall so i walked through the main hall which looked is basically a monastary part a great hall. well i went upstairs to the next level when i heard a allmighty knock at the door i ran downstairs to investigate when the banging on the big oak door was getting much louder..bang bang bang!!.. i shouted hang on . i opend the door to my astonishment there was no one THERE now people outside there is a moat and a great grass field stretching all around there would be no way i wouldnt of seen them . anyway i closed the door and went back upstairs to use the toilet whistling away when i was just about to open the door when i saw a pair of legs under the cubical ....i froze SOLID people sweat ran down my face ..i was frozen with FEAR when all of a sudden the cubical door opend i ran down stairs as fast as i could .. i froze in my room which was dark and dingy.. daylight came i rang my boss he laughed ..about it ..
i think it was 5oclock the next day i decided to go over to the other building as they had a modern bath installed and i could relax in the tub..so heres me running the bath i reached down to turn off the tap turned around and there was this woman just stareing at me i actually pissed myself with fright and passed out .now people i dont scare easy im black belt and a hard man and need to be for this job i do..but i was scared .i woke up picked myself up slowly froze a fraction and ran back to the main building..i stuck this out because the money is rather good and i sort of got used to this..strange i know.now people i was told the most haunted team have visited the place so i made it my buisness to watch it .if you havent seen it i dont want to spoil it for you but half way through it i fell off my chair and you will see why... and this episode will also give you some information about the place..

there is two parts people..spelling corrections .about last caretaker.
edit on 9-4-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
Very creepy encounter . You have guts for sticking it out. I live in west midlands not to far from west brom never heard of the manor house but if I ever grow some balls I will go and check it out. I watched the most haunted ep and seems like people have seen what you have seen which atleast confirms you're not goin mad! .

Abot off topic but Derek ackora , to me he seems so fake I don't know why people pay to go and see him live.

Anyway thanks for sharing and I don't why people are so quick to say attention seeking everytime someone shares an encounter that they find hard to believe.

dereck acorra i agree . wot is all this sam stuff he says when inside a place.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown

i must say your food is cheap up there i hardly spent a penny.locals friendly just the kids gobbing sometimes.
you remember the snow couple years back over xmas and it was minus 17 cold i remeber the pipes froze up
never seen so much snow. but yeah if you go ask about the caretaker that they had it will confirm
i was there . its open during the daytime for public i think still. so if you go ask about the southern chap
who was caretaker.thanx for post .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by itsallmaya

Not quite as interesting as the OP's experience.

I heard music coming from my car twice, and when I would get up from my sleeping bag, it would stop when I got about half way there. The problem with that is, I had my keys in my pocket. There was no way to turn the radio on. I would have heard anyone open and shut the car doors. And I would have heard anyone traipsing around in the woods surrounding me.

I did see a few flashes of light, like orbs or something. And I heard whispering a few times. If I was the recipient of a practical joke, I've yet to figure out how they did it.

And they must have given up, because after that, I went to sleep and didn't wake up till the morning. Not so sure I would do that now though. That was decades ago.

flashes of light sounds creepy like i say i was not a believer but i am now. radio on its own
keys in pocket .but you locked it so hey that is weird. interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Great story.

You must have been very brave to stick around all night. I can see hanging around with the music and whispering , but I think I would have been a bit unnerved about seeing those orbs!

edit on 10-4-2012 by itsallmaya because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join