It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia to sign new agreement with China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Originally posted by daaskapital
I think it is cool. An increase in relationship with China is a good thing.

I agree completely, and then when the Americans misbehave (and they will) we will be able to ask our Chinese brothers for some assistance in removing them.
Keeping good trade relations with China is important me thinks.
Once they kick all the Aussies out, it may be pretty cool.

Peoples Republic of China South!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

DIdn't they hate eachother not too long ago? I guess as long as they can scratch each others backs differences make no difference...I guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Come and join the party! Australia is bloody great!! Yes I know your canadian........but still come over, the water is warmer!

I really hate to say it, but If the Canada I was once so proud of keeps going down the path it currently is, with the dictatorial nature of our current Government, I might just have to take you up on that offer. I guess being a commonwealth country, it would be a little less "demanding" the process?

NOTE:It is not because the current Canadian Govt. is conservative ( not really more reform, extreme right wing) I am no huge fan of Obama either (admittedly once was), it matters not the political stripe, we have governments out of control, taking powers they have no right to, and violation our rights in a wholesale manner, on all sides of the political spectrum.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So if China owns the mines it getting materials from, what's in it for/to Australia? Does Australia also import crappy china products? I think Australia will be the loser on this deal.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Hey you are welcome any time! Yeah the process for you guys is no problem, and even easier now that we need skilled people. If you like a 9/5 Fly in Fly out job at many mines in Aus you can start on a wage of around $140,000. Don't know how that compares with Canada? Google some mine jobs or have a look at:

www.seek.com.au

www.riotinto.com

www.nrw.com.au...

au.sodexo.com...

I'm sure you will find something? There are 1000's of jobs right now. Good luck!

edit on 9-4-2012 by CaptainBeno because: missed one!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

The problem is, Aussies at home, do not know what Aussies overseas, are selling to the Chinese. At a property fair/exhibition in China, real estate brokers are trying to sell quality homes to Chinese with the option of permanent residency thrown in. The Chinese people do not know if its legally binding and the Aussie people at home may not be aware of these things happening overseas. But they (Aussie brokers) are perplexed as to why these rich Chinese want to migrate from an up and coming developing nation. Well..its no surprise as Australia and Canada are both well known to East Asians as very friendly and hospitable countries to call your second home.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by slanteye

I have no problem with Chinese people buying homes here. The Chinese people are well renown for being hard working industrious people. They wont be coming here to bludge off the Australian people.

What I object to is the Australian Government selling our assests and infrastructure to any foriegn enterprise or government to the extent that the Australian people (the owners of these assets) are denied a return on the investment (our taxes) which we paid for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join