It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

transmition of live space missions contradiction.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i was watching the movie apollo 13 when i came upon a couple questions that didnt make sence to me. it involved communications from the astronauts and the space station on earth.

1.how do astronauts communicate with earth?
a. a satellite from earth sends radio signals to the space craft on the moon.

2.how far is the moon?
a.

The distance between the Moon and the Earth varies from around 356,400 km to 406,700 km at the extreme perigees (closest) and apogees (farthest). On 19 March 2011, it was closer to the Earth while at full phase than it has been since 1993.[93] Reported as a "super moon", this closest point coincides within an hour of a full moon, and it thus appeared 30 percent brighter, and 14 percent larger than when at its greatest distance.[94][95][96]

wiki link

3.if certian radio waves can travel at the speed of light, how fast is light?
a.

The speed of light in vacuum, usually denoted by c, is a universal physical constant important in many areas of physics. Its value is 299,792,458 metres per second, a figure that is exact since the length of the metre is defined from this constant and the international standard for time.[1] In imperial units this speed is approximately 186,282 miles per second.

Exact values - Metres per second 299,792,458 Planck units 1
Approximate values - kilometres per second 300,000 kilometres per hour 1,080 million
miles per second 186,000 miles per hour 671 million
astronomical units per day 173

wiki link
NASA link

so if the earth is (lets go with the shorter side to favor the skeptics) 350,000 km from earth. and the fastest signal travels at 300,000 km/s (pic in link has conversions for speed), it should take 2 seconds delay if not a bit more.
i know 2 seconds is not alot but in a conversation that distance, i dont see a delay longer than someone talking to someone else on the other side of the world.

i guess my question is how are we sending information to the moon faster than the speed of light?

edit on 8-4-2012 by m.red because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by m.red

2 seconds delay is as live as they can get it.

Am I replying to your post in real time?

I suppose you can have a delayed conversation.

I know that this is supposed to be a secret but.... The movie Apollo 11 wasn't real
It was all actors and effects and movie sets!

"Tom Hanks in Spaaaaacceee....."
edit on 8/4/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

lol i know its not real, its just another example of evidence i found that seemed to contradict the offical story. witch is why i have put it out for anyone who didnt know or is refusing to believe the lies without common sence. all we have to do is ask questions and look for the answers to the questions to see what they call truth is not what it appears to be.

the delay i am talking about is not just a brief 2 sec. in a conversation with 2 or 3 words a sec it becomes clear how impossible it is to continue a conversation that quick over that distance. count to 1 mississippi 2 mississippi thats how long in reality this reality the fastest thing can travel and how long it should take for the other partie to respond.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You mean Apollo 13? I don't know what Apollo 11 is...I'm sure it starred the other guy from Busom Buddies....
edit on 8-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by m.red

Are you referring to the movie Apollo 13? If so, you know that the movie is fictionalized account?

When you make a call on Earth and it gets sent to a microwave relay, up to a satellite in Clarke Orbit, back down to the ground and through an interchange; all at the speed of light. When I call someone in Australia, I can hear a slight pause between exchanges. The speed of light is as fast as it gets.

edit on 4/8/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

my mistake yes apollo 13. i know it was just a movie but it got me thinking about the real space landings. and the first is apollo 11 witch you can see there is no pause when there should be to make what they claim to be true.
math says it takes 2 seconds and thats all im asking people to do is tell me why the first mission to the moon was in comunication with each other faster than the speed of light.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't see where there are any anomalies in that video. Those are perfectly standard expected delays. You have to keep in mind, too, that you don't have to wait for the other guy to quit talking before you start talking again. Those people were extremely well-practiced at talking to each other; and even over great distances they could anticipate and finish the other guy's sentence. You do it yourself all the time: Your brain finishes someone else's sentence before they do--especially people you know....
edit on 4/8/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The RX TX(receive/transmit) was/is performed on different channels.

This meant that they wouldn't miss something said if someone accidentally started talking before the other finished.

The transmissions that I have heard always seem to have long pauses after the "key tone" is heard(a beep after the microphone button is released).

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Firstly, please for the love of all things holy to all people, stop using the word PROOF in thread titles.

Secondly, there would be more than a two second delay because you're not taking into account the signal processing time between earth stations and relays, depending on which side of the earth is facing the spacecraft. If you have Australia acting as the apollo/earth link, they have to relay the signal halfway around the world to Houston and back again using 1960s satellites.

Look at TODAY'S satellite links when you have a correspondent in Europe, and they are live with an anchor in NY. There is a very obvious delay, and it is probably close to two seconds, and this is how many years after Apollo??

I think the OP has a point. I've always thought about the time delay also. It's also a good way to tell if those sneaky monkeys at CNN are faking their "reports from the battlefield", too.

edit on 8-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by m.red
i was watching the movie apollo 13 when i came upon a couple questions that didnt make sence to me. it involved communications from the astronauts and the space station on earth.

1.how do astronauts communicate with earth?
a. a satellite from earth sends radio signals to the space craft on the moon.

What makes you claim that? Care to name the satellite used for Apollo 13....?

i guess my question is how are we sending information to the moon faster than the speed of light?

Just why do you think that?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

tell me why the first mission to the moon was in comunication with each other faster than the speed of light.

It wasnt - just why do you think it was?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I really tried to watch that movie, rented it yesterday. But golly, was that movie so lame and boring that I was like, "do you have anything else that is interesting?" I don't know, that movie was so slow at getting somewhere that I totally lost interest in it. I want my money back. I don't think we even made it past the first 15 minutes of it.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

read the post. i think that because they are sending and recieving messages faster than we can really send them.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

i think that because they are sending and recieving messages faster than we can really send them.

No they are not - why do you think they are?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

and for 1 apollo 13 was a movie so i dont care witch satellite they had but here is your satellite for apollo 11.
go do some research.

link

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

but here is your satellite for apollo 11.

It was NOT used to communicate with Apollo 11, you missed this bit....

the first (commercial) communications satellite to be placed in geosynchronous orbit,

go do some research.

I suggest you do some proper research...

link

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by m.red

Early Bird is still operational? Wow, that is amazing engineering!

You managed to teach me something, good job!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

wow buddy. i suggest you read the full thing.

although it was briefly activated in June of that year to serve the Apollo 11 flight when the Atlantic Intelsat satellite failed.

link

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

wow buddy. i suggest you read the full thing.

I suggest you do some research on what it was used for

NASA had to resort to using undersea cable telephone circuits to bring Apollo's communications to NASA during the mission

en.wikipedia.org...

It was NOT used to communicate with Apollo 11, it was used to bring Apollo 11's communications from various earth stations to NASA.

Unless you somehow think the underseas telephone circuits were extended to Apollo 11....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Communications for Apollo were carried out through radio on a special "S-Band," I believe specific to the Apollo missions. The signals from the moon were received through radiotelescopes in various locations. Transmissions to the moon were in a tight beam to the lunar module.

I believe Wikipedia's meaning, as far as the Early Bird satellite, was that it was used for earthbound communications so that television coverage of the event could be transmitted around the world. They did not communicate through the Early Bird....

ETA: Oops. I see Spoor has a better answer. I'll go with that....
edit on 4/9/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join