It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Outside Us Or Within Us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
'God' is a fallacy. If God is real, then who created God? Who created the thing that created god, etc, etc?!

Think about it....

Unless God is just an eternal existential fact. In that case, God was not created, but always was and always will be.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My view of God is that God is a creator. The essence of life itself, able to manifest itself into many kinds of forms. What is a proton, neutron, and electron? We know it has mass and takes up space, and we know it is made up of smaller particles, but what ARE those particles? In my opinion, they are consciousness and all is one. God is the unity- the all in all. God is an indescribable mystery.

God is all there is and all that is is God. We are God, individualized, but still part of the indivisible whole that is our true self.

When you realize that everything happens is acceptable and meant to happen, then you can live in harmony.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by learnatic
reply to post by SubPop79

I'm getting sick of all these religous threads and posts. Don't you people ever want to be free? Can't you see that religion is oldest form of mind control there is?

Sorry we are disscussing the thruth behind the religons/spiritual growth, not ego parasitic power pyramidsystem of religous control. Who do you think is more free? The one who try to see thru all illussions and get proof that there is life after death or the smallminded human beings that are afraid fo dying.

Just because you haven't experianced things do not mean others haven't. You are like me 2 years ago when I was still sleeping. I still know to little but at least now I know that I know to little.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by SubPop79
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I like what you say, but when you mention "supreme being," I can't help but remember that a simple, boring rock has a life span that could be called an eternity. Wouldn't that make the unliving rock a more permanent being than a human?

I don't know that you can define a rock as a living being. Is the rock self-aware?

I am still unsure of that one. It is a very interseting question. Water molecules seem (if you belive in those kinda things) to reshape their structure when they hear holy music and a person write love on the canister around them. Will the rock change (of course slower) in the same way if you give it enought time to reshape itself (on molecul level)?

Another thing have the water molecule reshape been proven scientificly?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oi vey...

People are only just beginning to realize that God is within, and not without.

“Peter, the Bible and the Ancient Mysteries are total opposites. The mysteries are all about the god within you. . . man as god. The Bible is all about the God above you...'

“Yes! Exactly! ... The moment mankind separated himself from God, the true meaning of the Word was lost. The voices of the ancient masters have now been drowned out, lost in the chaotic din of self-proclaimed practitioners [probably pointing to Christians] shouting that they alone understand the Word....'

“We’ve lost the Word, and yet its true meaning is still within reach.... It exists in all the enduring texts, from the Bible to the Bhagavad-Gita to the Koran and beyond. All of these texts are revered upon the altars of Freemasonry because Masons understand what the world seems to have forgotten... that each of these texts, in its own way, is quietly whispering the exact same message.' Peter’s voice welled with emotion. ‘Know ye not that ye are gods?’...

"Peter lowered his voice to a whisper. 'The Buddha said, ‘You are God yourself.’ ... Even the first antipope—Hippolytus of Rome—quoted the same message, first uttered by the gnostic teacher Monoimus: ‘Abandon the search for God. . . instead, take yourself as the starting place.'...

“'A wise man once told me,' Peter said, his voice faint now, 'the only difference between you and God is that you have forgotten you are divine.'”[9]

We are a quark within the flesh of God. However, we have the potential to become gods...on a smaller scale. We are demigods, but we are asleep. And truly, I question whether we even deserve to awaken these powers.

Whether we are responsible enough, and clear enough of the mind. I think we're not.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In the gospel of Saint Luc it is said that the kingdom of God is within Man. Not one Man, or a group of Men, but all Men.

So you speak the truth OP. God is Within.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
In the gospel of Saint Luc it is said that the kingdom of God is within Man. Not one Man, or a group of Men, but all Men.

So you speak the truth OP. God is Within.

Remember that the Bible contradicts itself at every turn.

Essentially, it traps us into choosing what to believe...but then here's the question:

If we believe it, does that make it the truth? Or do we choose the self-imposed lie over truth?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Oi vey...

People are only just beginning to realize that God is within, and not without.

“Peter, the Bible and the Ancient Mysteries are total opposites. The mysteries are all about the god within you. . . man as god. The Bible is all about the God above you...'

“Yes! Exactly! ... The moment mankind separated himself from God, the true meaning of the Word was lost. The voices of the ancient masters have now been drowned out, lost in the chaotic din of self-proclaimed practitioners [probably pointing to Christians] shouting that they alone understand the Word....'

“We’ve lost the Word, and yet its true meaning is still within reach.... It exists in all the enduring texts, from the Bible to the Bhagavad-Gita to the Koran and beyond. All of these texts are revered upon the altars of Freemasonry because Masons understand what the world seems to have forgotten... that each of these texts, in its own way, is quietly whispering the exact same message.' Peter’s voice welled with emotion. ‘Know ye not that ye are gods?’...

"Peter lowered his voice to a whisper. 'The Buddha said, ‘You are God yourself.’ ... Even the first antipope—Hippolytus of Rome—quoted the same message, first uttered by the gnostic teacher Monoimus: ‘Abandon the search for God. . . instead, take yourself as the starting place.'...

“'A wise man once told me,' Peter said, his voice faint now, 'the only difference between you and God is that you have forgotten you are divine.'”[9]

We are a quark within the flesh of God. However, we have the potential to become gods...on a smaller scale. We are demigods, but we are asleep. And truly, I question whether we even deserve to awaken these powers.

Whether we are responsible enough, and clear enough of the mind. I think we're not.

We are probably not wise enough yeet but unfortunalty there is no longer a choice from my point of view. Whatever happens migt be very turbulent but it has to happen to get us to the next phase.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

We are probably not wise enough yeet but unfortunalty there is no longer a choice from my point of view. Whatever happens migt be very turbulent but it has to happen to get us to the next phase.

I couldn't agree more, my friend.
edit on CMondaypm505033f33America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Right now i'm thinking...we are on earth, thats in the universe, thats in God. I dont know. Im thinking we are Gods brain, perhaps how he/it/she sees every single thing. Perhaps Gods brain is different from ours. Perhaps the other universes are Gods organs/rest of his/hers/its body. Maybe Gods body is an energy source while, say, our's is physical as in, take it apart, put it back together like a puzzle. So to speak. The brain is the most important, right? So here we are in Gods brain. I'm rambling.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

A: And no. Q: Yes

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There are multiple interpretations of the word "God".

- If one thinks that God is a person then it is a form of personification.
- Others think God is a living being which may or may not be a "person".
- Some spiritual teachers describe "God" as consciousness which ties all of us.
- The images of God (as a person) depicted in religions always has a circle behind their head. This could refer to "sun" or "light". Religious texts bestow people who achieved enlightment as "God". These are all metaphorical terms. The actual meaning could be in the qoute "Light is Knowledge" or "Light is Awareness" hence again closely related to the word "consciousness".

“There is no god any more divine than yourself.” Walt Whitman

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

edit on 11-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Universe is within you when you observe it. Therefore, your opinions of what you observe are your opinions of yourself. Use these words to your advantage.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Both?

Omnipresent, all encompassing. It depends on your specific definition of God.

If you believe in Monotheistic religions than whether you know it or not you subscribe to the belief in an external God separate from yourself. God is consider personal (involved). God is the creator and you are the creation.

Pantheistic religions believe in an impersonal (not active) God; all that exists is within God. All within creation is not separate from God, all of it is within God.

Panentheistic religions believe that all exist is within God along with all that doesn't exist; God is all there is (universe/multiverse) as well as all that is not (outside of the observable universe/multiverse). Put further, the universe is part of God but God also transcends all that is. God is both impersonal and personal, non-active and active.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dohya
There are multiple interpretations of the word "God".

- If one thinks that God is a person then it is a form of personification.
- Others think God is a living being which may or may not be a "person".
- Some spiritual teachers describe "God" as consciousness which ties all of us.
- The images of God (as a person) depicted in religions always has a circle behind their head. This could refer to "sun" or "light". Religious texts bestow people who achieved enlightment as "God". These are all metaphorical terms. The actual meaning could be in the qoute "Light is Knowledge" or "Light is Awareness" hence again closely related to the word "consciousness".

“There is no god any more divine than yourself.” Walt Whitman

I kinda think of the "God" as consciousness which ties all of us. It is the all that is connected to everything. And that is why it knows everything about us even the unconcious that we do not understand. I am not sure it is 100% true but it is close enought for me.

Enlightenment is also a physical thing not only knowledge. The mind at the right time connects to something or is allowed to connect and crown chakra and third eye chakra opens. When that happen the person will physicly feel things. After a person can get the bliss. It is a state where you can let and just feel good about being alive. And the alive feeling is sometimes overwhelming. Sense of touch and taste increases to a high degree. The Shiny Happy People as REM calls them.

When the student is ready the master appears.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
All is consciousness. Consciousness is within. All is within.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

All is not consciousness, because you can observe something that is not conscious through your own consciousness, and when you are not conscious, anything that is can observe you. And even if you were both unconscious, you would both exist, you just wouldn't be aware of it.

In fact, when you are asleep, you are often largely unaware of your own existence, but your consciousness is still there.

Hence, your thesis is largely invalid.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by smithjustinb

All is not consciousness, because you can observe something that is not conscious through your own consciousness, and when you are not conscious, anything that is can observe you. And even if you were both unconscious, you would both exist, you just wouldn't be aware of it.

In fact, when you are asleep, you are often largely unaware of your own existence, but your consciousness is still there.

Hence, your thesis is largely invalid.

There isn't anything that isn't consciousness. If you are unconscious, you are still consciousness that will reawaken to itself. You aren't unconscious, you are unaware. Unaware of your self. Your self is consciousness and everything is that. All matter and all energy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join