It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Year Old Wanting To Look Like Real Doll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Came across this rather strange video of a 15 year old who takes pleasure in looking like a real doll. She goes out in public and thinks nothing of how...odd she looks. I could see a much younger child going through such a phase but 15? What do you think?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I rarely believe anything I watch on day time television shows like this.. I watched a special a few years ago that talked about these kinds of shows.. most of them are paid actors.. or doing it just to have their 15 minutes of fame even if it's in exchange for looking like a freak.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Just like the mother says, it's a style. It's a trend influenced by anime, just as many other trends and styles come and go.

It seems an odd choice of style, sure, but, is the girl taking recreational chemicals, cutting on herself, acting irresponsibly with boys? No.
She simply defines her look and expression by this doll look.

Some kids dye their hair blue and want to listen to really awful music turned up to 11.
This one prefers something quite the bit more tame.

It's a cute look. I might have to try it out myself.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That looks so cool ! Aren't all women dolls to , one degree or another?

Its only a matter of how much make up , and to what degree the outfits are ? All women without make up , are stock looking , they put on their make up , to paint their faces into a shape, Extactly what a doll is . Take away the dolls make up and whatdo you get ? a stock women .

This girl just enjoys dressing and getting "dolled up " lol , I would love to come home and my wife looked like a doll everyday :p But thats just me.

Aslong as shes not out whoring her self , and just getting dolled up , whats the harm? besides the chemicals in the make up of course.

link   
reply to post by nineix

LOL, be sure to post pics if you do. Yeah it's cute but I thought it was strange for a 15 year old. Better than drinking and drugs and all the other crap kids can get into these days.

link   
......And to think her name is Venus.

I don't think I'd be horrified like the female interviewer would be if MY daughter wanted to do it. Shocked maybe because it would be out of character for her.

The mother brought up some good points about how much worse her daughter could be turning out, and she's right. But the mother can't be so naive to not see how a lot of grown men are going to look at her. She is on the internet after all and a lot of grown men have a very blurred line between fantasy and reality. But getting away from the sex thing, it kind of reminds me of that Japanese thing that happened awhile back where these animine characters had a hit on the song charts over there, video and all, and a lot of people at first thought they were a real band. There's this "crossover" thing where these types of cartoon images and real people are starting to gel, and I think that is what is getting a lot of peoples' attention.

The first thing I noticed though was the accent. Sounds eastern European, correct me if I'm wrong there, and I always took that part of the world as a bit more jaded and hardened than the rest.The juxtaposition between that and her look just totally threw me off guard.

Personally. I don't see anything wrong with it. I see it as a passing fad.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yes I noticed the accent too. Says she is british but I don't know where she is from originally.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
All women without make up are stock looking

You tell your wife that?

I don't know about all my friend, I can think of one in particular who would look beautiful the minute she wakes up.

But that's just me I guess.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Something to consider as well; this 'doll' look as it applies to dolls was an attempt or interpretation by toy-makers to imitate the styles, dress, and look of the young girls that played with them.

Thus, the 'doll' look was toy makers imitating real life styles, and now, girls that like this doll look are imitating the dolls, where in fact they're being anachronistic one-step removed in imitating post-victorian proper dress for young ladies.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I wonder if the real issue is that they're calling it a "doll" look.

Nothing wrong with girls of any age wanting to wear frilly dresses and bows in their hair, and there are so few women who DON'T wear makeup.... she doesn't look like a doll to me - she just looks young - but she is young....

On the other hand, I used to know a lady who was much older than me - I was real young at the time (probably about 8 years old) so I'd hate to put an age on her (she would've looked old to me at 8 no matter what age she was), but if I distinctly remember thinking to myself that she looks like a doll, the way she wore her hair and makeup and I remember thinking she had the right idea.

I don't really keep up with mainstream, so I don't know much about fads or phases, and I know way less when it comes to anime - but I do know that any labels we put on her are our issues, not hers.

I think she looks cute
I like it - and I think she can get away with it for as long as she wants to. People who know her will be used to it - though I still don't think its something to get used to - any strangers who think she looks odd.... eh....

I can easily imagine her still looking like that in 60 years and pulling it off

ETA.P.S. I was just thinking after re-reading my post - its better than what I was wearing at 15 (thank you Madonna!)
edit on 8-4-2012 by Forevever because: its obvious

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Something to consider as well; this 'doll' look as it applies to dolls was an attempt or interpretation by toy-makers to imitate the styles, dress, and look of the young girls that played with them.

Thus, the 'doll' look was toy makers imitating real life styles, and now, girls that like this doll look are imitating the dolls, where in fact they're being anachronistic one-step removed in imitating post-victorian proper dress for young ladies.

That's true, I didn't even think of that.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Makeup. The grand deception, the ultimate conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Those contacts are an absolute bitch to get in.
I think America has been trying to get them banned.

It's all hogwash, these girls are claiming on tv that it's innocent and they want to look like dolls. They must think we all came up the lagging in a bubble and don't know it's obviously LOLITA gear or rather ama-loli.
I have no problem with it, the main problem I have is her strange voice.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Makeup. The grand deception, the ultimate conspiracy!

Always interesting to see women without makeup and what they really look like. LOL With makeup on some women there is a dramatic difference. Imagine a guy dating some lady then seeing what she actually looks like?
Surprise!

CX

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Type "Harajuku fashion" into Google images....a lot of those are very doll like....

CX.
edit on 9/4/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I see no problem with how she dresses.
Like others said, it was a fad in Japan..
Today, being "quirky" is a trend, her bangs and doe-eyed makeup fit the bill.
Personally, I am a lady who dresses up daily.. I don't wear jeans and a t-shirt..
I express myself through clothing, sometimes eccentric..
Fashion was and always will be a prominent thing.
Everchanging, and some may say it is materialistic and unnecessary..
However, the fun of it is that you have new and different ways to utilize our mandatory coverings.
And you don't have to buybuybuy, you can create things unique, and update what you already have..
It is a hobby just like sports or collecting stamps, or what have you.
You have to give people credit for doing what makes them happy, even if it is not what you think is normal!
Normal is a square, so boring.
edit on 9-4-2012 by PrincessofSwords because: forgot a plural

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Cool vid! I had no idea this was such a trend.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Another teen fad,

Better than piercings. Like to see that end before my daughter is a teenager.

How is this all that different than goth.

It will be a bit weird I think, when the boy join in this. Oh wait, that was 80ties rock!!!

new topics

top topics

join