It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Greek Gods existed alongside Judaism/Christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Wow thats a good one. Ima use that at my next bible study. Theres quite a few sinners.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by KJV1611

Sure... shoot... But I think the "Sons of God" in the OT refer to the lesser Gods that Yahweh created, and you mention.

No. Bene haElohim is translated "Angels" in the Septuagint, the book of Enoch, and the rabbinical teaching is Angels.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Eph 2:6

Sure... shoot... But I think the "Sons of God" in the OT refer to the lesser Gods that Yahweh created, and you mention.

Agreed, and the reason they were considered gods was because.....they were on this planet! (and other planets in our solar system most likely, hints why the planets are named after gods...)

The reason regular angels are not considered gods is because they do not live here. P.s....the sons of God are still here as well, and no doubt in power as the TPTB at the moment. The top level of the Illuminati pyramid.

By the way, to have the title angel (which it is a title, not a classification) you must be in service to God. As soon as these angels left their first estate (Jude 1:6) they lost their heavenly title of Angel, (messenger) and became the generic classification of sons of God. Just as Adam was known as the son of God (they were directly created by God) And just as Adam fell!!! so to did some of the angels fall....right down to our little solar system.
I could go on, but it gets even weirder.....such as angels standing in the Sun, cydonia, giants, REAL reptilians, not the david ike money making ones, etc.

edit on 10-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I saw a sumerian tablet of humans with two snake like tentacles for legs.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

Yeah the Sumerians play a large part in the serpent worship/reptilian world as well as the Phoenician culture. But the references I am talking about regarding snake people and snake worship is taken 100% from the Holy Bible.

That Bible has more in it than wikipedia or google could ever hope to contain. The Holy Bible has yet to be fully exhausted of it's amazing treasures.
edit on 11-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

That Bible has more in it than wikipedia or google could ever hope to contain. The Holy Bible has yet to be fully exhausted of it's amazing treasures.

Yep. English has 1 word for "word", Greek has 3. One of those is "Logos" meaning written word, another one from scripture is "rhema" which is spoken word, or commonly called "word of knowledge, word of wisdom", etc.

That's how we can read the written word about a certain verse, then all of a sudden something will leap of the page that we had never seen before. That's a "rhema" Word.

Or as I always say to people:

"If you think because you have a thimble-full of theology from an inexhaustible book that you've got it all nailed down you've absolutely lost your mind."

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join