It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, this is my first post/thread...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hello. My name is Luiggi, yeah, I won't share my real name, I'm already too paranoid to do so, I'm safer off as Luiggi. I'm mexican, I'm 21 years old (freshly, turned 21 3 days ago), a clinical psychology student, highly interested in the paranormal and supernatural.
Ever since I was a little kid I've had this sort of "sixth sense", I always joke I'm like that kid from the movie, which by the way I haven't seen yet (I can't stand any movie with Bruce Willis in it). Now, I'm not writing this down so you can start shooting 7 billion questions at me, I have an extremely developed perception or sensibility or whatever, I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, I'm just sharing a little bit about me so you can get a clearer image of what I am and from where my posts will be coming from. As I was saying I've had experiences with ghosts from a very young age. At first I didn't think anything of that matter, hell I thought it was a normal-common thing that happened to everybody, but as I grew older I found out it was actually kinda "frowned-upon" in our society, and I should avoid talking about it in public if I didn't want to get weird looks. When Iturned 14 I first heard of a ghost-hunting team (or whatever those are) and I decided to join it and get a real super close experience with the paranormal, at least as real and close as the media offers. Since I was too young to go with adults to research, and because I'm really good at writing and talking, I was in charge of answering e-mails. Some weird things happened to me while answering e-mails, I didn't even need to go on a research to experience contact with the paranormal, for example, one time I was dowloading some images a client had sent us about a haunted paiting they had bough off of ebay, in the e-mail this person warned me that even by downloading it to my pc something could happen, I was highly skeptical, but as soon as it downloaded a bible my parents had in the living room flew across the room, it was strange, but I left it at that.
I've grown apart of all those sixth-sense-y things since I got into psychology at the university, mostly because it's not a good idea to tell your therapist about your experiences, believe me, even when you don't have a mental disorder, if you tell them you somehow have an extrasensory perception they'll find a way of not letting you graduate, believe me. And plus, I've told my therapist about the things that happened to me and she assures me it's all about the dark side of the subconscious mind (she is a strong follower of Jung's ideas) so she says everything paranormal just belongs to Jung's "shadow" concept.
I found out about this site because a cousin of mine, very fond of conspiracy theories (and Dan Brown's books
) recommended it to me. I like it, I've been reading the forums in here for a long time and finally decided to join, don't know exactly why, but I'll soon find out.
If you have any questions, here I will be, as long as I am.
Luiggi B.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Some stuff I left out... I once went to this therapist who believed in aliens, she actually introduced me to the subject, assuring me that I had been contacted and that I had to become a member of their group, the "RAHMA" as they call themselves. Also, she said I was an "Indigo" or "Crystal" kid. Yeah, I did some research, and although I do share some characteristics with those kids, I am not at all one of them. We can expand on the subject, I just thought it was worth mentioning.
edit on 8-4-2012 by 1subliminal3 because: typo, and I'm a bit perfeccionist, so yeah.. "must be filled out" r.r damn, the "reason for edit" tag looks worse than a typo hahah

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1subliminal3

Hi, nice intro, welcome aboard

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS....

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hi, come on in. Hope you enjoy being here. See you on the boards.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I understand the Bruce Willis thing but if you haven't read the book, I'd recommend it! You won't have to look at Bruce's mug the whole time and it also gives better storyline.
Anyhoo, welcome to ATS!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome 1subliminal3

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1subliminal3
Hello. My name is Luiggi, yeah, I won't share my real name, I'm already too paranoid to do so, I'm safer off as Luiggi. I'm mexican, I'm 21 years old (freshly, turned 21 3 days ago), a clinical psychology student, highly interested in the paranormal and supernatural.
Ever since I was a little kid I've had this sort of "sixth sense", I always joke I'm like that kid from the movie, which by the way I haven't seen yet (I can't stand any movie with Bruce Willis in it). Now, I'm not writing this down so you can start shooting 7 billion questions at me, I have an extremely developed perception or sensibility or whatever, I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, I'm just sharing a little bit about me so you can get a clearer image of what I am and from where my posts will be coming from. As I was saying I've had experiences with ghosts from a very young age. At first I didn't think anything of that matter, hell I thought it was a normal-common thing that happened to everybody, but as I grew older I found out it was actually kinda "frowned-upon" in our society, and I should avoid talking about it in public if I didn't want to get weird looks. When Iturned 14 I first heard of a ghost-hunting team (or whatever those are) and I decided to join it and get a real super close experience with the paranormal, at least as real and close as the media offers. Since I was too young to go with adults to research, and because I'm really good at writing and talking, I was in charge of answering e-mails. Some weird things happened to me while answering e-mails, I didn't even need to go on a research to experience contact with the paranormal, for example, one time I was dowloading some images a client had sent us about a haunted paiting they had bough off of ebay, in the e-mail this person warned me that even by downloading it to my pc something could happen, I was highly skeptical, but as soon as it downloaded a bible my parents had in the living room flew across the room, it was strange, but I left it at that.
I've grown apart of all those sixth-sense-y things since I got into psychology at the university, mostly because it's not a good idea to tell your therapist about your experiences, believe me, even when you don't have a mental disorder, if you tell them you somehow have an extrasensory perception they'll find a way of not letting you graduate, believe me. And plus, I've told my therapist about the things that happened to me and she assures me it's all about the dark side of the subconscious mind (she is a strong follower of Jung's ideas) so she says everything paranormal just belongs to Jung's "shadow" concept.
I found out about this site because a cousin of mine, very fond of conspiracy theories (and Dan Brown's books
) recommended it to me. I like it, I've been reading the forums in here for a long time and finally decided to join, don't know exactly why, but I'll soon find out.
If you have any questions, here I will be, as long as I am.
Luiggi B.

Hey there and welcome aboard you'll feel at home here as far as the paranormal and alien interests are concerned there are a lot of us here who have more than average firsthand experience with it all so you certainly won't feel like the odd one out here

No doubt I'll be seeing you on the paranormal forum and quick bit of advice for your future posts / threads ... you might want to break the big blocks of text up a bit to make it easier on the eye ... doesn't matter how interesting your content is people will pass it by if it's presented as a wall of text

Woody

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hello again. Thanks for the welcomes and advice, on the book and the big blocks of text. I'm hoping to get to my 20 posts so I can start opening threads, it just seems that by the time I get to read a thread that I'd like to comment on, somebody already wrote what I wanted to say, talk about sincronicity on this forum
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Here's an easy way to get your 20 reply post up to speed.. Go inside the other introductions threads and welcome those new members.. It will help build up that required minimum in no time at all..

top topics

join