It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma Flashlight Sterilizes - Costs $100 but you can get it of ebay for $3 !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This device which has been invented provides rapid portable skin surface sterilization from harmful bacteria,etc.

www.gizmag.com...

it is expected it will take 5 years to develop ,test ,approve and them with all the sundry middlemen probably cost $10000 or more for a hospital to purchase even though the article mentions it will cost $100 to make by "a team of scientists".

All this testing ,approving will cost many ,many millions of $$$ and since the device can be used indefinitely i don't see it being funded at all and will be blocked from commercial production by big pharma and their friends who have infiltrated into all levels of approval boards and who will lose out in Consumables like wipes,lotions ,creams,drops,antibiotics for treatment of an infected patient and so on.

The circuit diagram seems to be a bog standard high voltage generator attached to some needles.

see here:-

www.kurzweilai.net...

I would like to point out that some time ago i converted a USB ionizer which cost about £2 from ebay.

This device generates a high voltage and a stream of ions.I opened it and by removing/adjusting the output resistor could make it produce a spark from 1 mm to 6 mm in length and by attaching electrodes to 2 parallel glass plates or parallel bits of plastic from a toys packaging generate a plasma between the two parallel plates. Also by holding one electrode and bringing the second electrode with a parallel plate near to the skin produced a similar plasma as above with a slight tingling depending on the distance from the skin.

Also I could run this device from a battery down to 1.2 volts up to 12 volts.The strength of the plasma being in direct proportion to the voltage.I mean a 1.2 volts supply produced a 1mm continuous spark but 12 volts produced nearly 1.5 cm long spark.The plasma strength varied in a similar fashion.If anyone wants to do more experiments I suggest you purchase this very cheap device.

I have used this device to stop pimples and boils from growing and to reduce swelling from same by zapping it with the device.Only takes a few seconds of use 2 or 3 times a day.

Also you can use it to neutralize insect/snake bites as well.

There is a website devoted to this subject from a practical view point.

venomshock.wikidot.com...

As the device only costs £2 it would be very easy to mass produce this plasma device cheaply by the Chinese for everyday use to eliminate infections on or near the surface of the skin.

Therefore those people not wanting to wait for 5 years and spend a $10000 for this can make own battery operated device.

Caution is advised in adapting this USB ionizer due to high voltages.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Interesting.

What's R2 for?

Seems to be redundant if there is an inverting circuit attached.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Interesting.

What's R2 for?

Seems to be redundant if there is an inverting circuit attached.

it provides a ground return path without any danger of short circuiting but also may help to discharge any high voltage to prevent electric shock.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I repair many types of medical equipment and yes it is amazing how much the price goes up as these devices go through the legal and corporate development. One can buy an xray machine from China for $2000 or one from the US at $20,000 and they do the same things. Much of the added costs of things like this is for legal protection from liability. I can build an x-ray machine for less than $30, but I would never use it on a person, the risk of repercussion by a law suit is too great. Who says this plasma sterilization works anyway?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A cheap version will never be allowed and will be made illegal in the usa as did another device my friend told me about. However, I understand this is still available in Europe. I suppose we will just have to leave this country to have those freedoms.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Nm. Sorry. Reading the post a few more times clarified my confusion.
edit on 4/8/2012 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
A cheap version will never be allowed and will be made illegal in the usa as did another device my friend told me about. However, I understand this is still available in Europe. I suppose we will just have to leave this country to have those freedoms.

you can make the cheap version from ebay for $3 as explained above.people seem to have such short Attention spans nowadays.

too much MTV.

also you can use a car ionizer also for $2.

look it up in ebay:-

www.ebay.co.uk... fcbb9eb2&agid=283410697&MT_ID=10&keyword=usb+ionizer&ff4=228459_228459

www.ebay.co.uk... 0.m270.l1313

edit on 8-4-2012 by beckybecky because: sarcasmo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Who says this plasma sterilization works anyway?

did you even click the links?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So couldn't we just go stand out in the sunlight? High energy of any kind shorts the nervous system of bacteria. Take a shower in water containing radon, that'll work fine.
edit on 8-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So couldn't we just go stand out in the sunlight? High energy of any kind shorts the nervous system of bacteria. Take a shower in water containing radon, that'll work fine.
edit on 8-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

no.

in any case this device seems to be little more than a glorified ionizer with more closely spaced needles attached in a circular configuration.

with hospital infections like MRSA in America rampant It would very smart for people to carry this pocket sized usb ioniser and use it on yourself to sterilize any cuts or stitches.

remember you can plug it into a laptop or attach it to batteries.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

I did, and was not convinced.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

so which pharma company do you work for?

and what did they promise you?

a free and calendar set?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Amazing with so many people killed by MRSA very few people seem interested in this cheap device.
Anyone know why this might be so?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You put the word "medical" in front of any other word and it automatically makes the second word worth much, much, much more. Take a simple stainless steel shop cart that costs fifty dollars in a welding catalog. Then find the same cart in a medical equipment catalog for hundreds of dollars if not thousands of dollars.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

a free and calendar set?

I don't work for them and I don't support quackery. Show me some real clinical studies that support your claims. Like this one : iopscience.iop.org...
So it works as well as a splash of whiskey on a wound. Much cheaper than a car ionizer, unless it is the good stuff.
edit on 22-4-2012 by earthdude because: had more

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

a free and calendar set?

I don't work for them and I don't support quackery. Show me some real clinical studies that support your claims. Like this one : iopscience.iop.org...
So it works as well as a splash of whiskey on a wound. Much cheaper than a car ionizer, unless it is the good stuff.

really?

define quakery.

what is the difference between a clinical study and a real clinical study?

of course you work for them.

you have just admitted it.you work for the whisky industry.

and you seem to be not very bright.

which whisky is cheaper than a car ionizer costing $2?

tell us?

do you do any shopping.

how did your lunch with the chief exec go?

did he allow you go to his house and meet his daughter?

tell us.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

a free and calendar set?

really?

define quakery.

what is the difference between a clinical study and a real clinical study?

of course you work for them.

you have just admitted it.you work for the whisky industry.

and you seem to be not very bright.

which whisky is cheaper than a car ionizer costing $2?

tell us?

do you do any shopping.

how did your lunch with the chief exec go?

did he allow you go to his house and meet his daughter?

tell us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You put the word "medical" in front of any other word and it automatically makes the second word worth much, much, much more. Take a simple stainless steel shop cart that costs fifty dollars in a welding catalog. Then find the same cart in a medical equipment catalog for hundreds of dollars if not thousands of dollars.

i was watching an episode of star trek in which picard the captain has to have his heart replaced and has to go to a starbase because he is embarrassed to have the operation on the ship.

when they are about to about to operate a doctors switch on the STERILE FIELD.

this could be the sterile field gwnerator.

imagine the benefits if this device was made bigger and and attached to the ceiling of a operating theater.

it would generate a near continuous cold plasma and sterilze the open wound and also instruments bought in.

i think it is a fantastic idea and i am amazed how NOBODY HERE seems to be interested.

If this was post was about the bogey man terrorism or some other stupid celebrity you would all be falling yourselves to comment but when a major life saving advance is mentioned you all seem to crawl to the x-factor on tv.

you do realize YOU and your BRATS are at risk from Flesh Eating Bacteria when you go to a doctor or hospital and risk amputation and DEATH as MRSA is antibiotic resistant?

try turning on the tv with no arms and legs.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

i was watching an episode of star trek in which picard the captain has to have his heart replaced and has to go to a starbase because he is embarrassed to have the operation on the ship.

when they are about to operate a doctors switchs on the STERILE FIELD.

this could be the sterile field generator above.

imagine the benefits if this device was made bigger and and attached to the ceiling of a operating theater.

it would generate a near continuous cold plasma and sterilze the open wound and also instruments bought in.

i think it is a fantastic idea and i am amazed how NOBODY HERE seems to be interested.

If this was a post was about the bogey man terrorism or some other stupid celebrity you would all be falling yourselves to comment but when a major life saving advance is mentioned you all seem to crawl to the x-factor on tv.

you do realize YOU and your BRATS are at risk from Flesh Eating Bacteria when you go to a doctor or hospital and risk amputation and DEATH as MRSA is antibiotic resistant?

try turning on the tv with no arms and legs.

edit on 25-4-2012 by nobodysavedme because: rage.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Anyone have a link with directions on how one would make one from a usb ionizer?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join