It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wilhelm Reich Short Film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Brilliant video detailing one of Wilhelm Reich's cloudbusting operations.
Someone should make a full movie about his life...

Who was he?
en.wikipedia.org...

Not wanting to invoke Godwin's Law, but In a Nazi book burning inferno, the FDA burned his books and documents.
www.orgonelab.org...

Short film is here :-
www.youtube.com...

Anyways, watch the video it's a good watch IMO.

Orgone forever,.
Limbo
edit on 8-4-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Poor rip off of Kate Bush's video.

She put better music to it too, and had better actors.

Not sure if I believe in the orgone thing. I made a few thingies and gave them to sick people I know. None of them got any better. Although I could have got the process wrong, I spose.

Einstein liked the bloke enough to test his stuff out, after all. Although he ended up saying that there was nothing in it.

You read his boy's book? Twas beautiful. I'll email you a PDF if ya want. U2U me.
edit on 8-4-2012 by lazernation because: shawadaladeda

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

"Wilhelm Reich" and his idea of "orgone"????

He was a nut.....a famous (almost 'infamous', in a way) .... but profoundly mentally ill!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lazernation

Ah the holy hand grenade things. See
www.orgonelab.org...

I've not read his boys book. I would not mind reading it.

Reich commented on Einstein's rebuttal to his experiments. I think he re-did the experiment under
ground where the convection? could not have biased his experiment like it could have in the lab.

www.encyclopedianomadica.org...

I'm also not sure about orgone, but seems odd that someone would dedicate their entire lives to a hoax,
have a lab with people working on it etc and document it all. Doesn't ring right.

EDIT

On further reading there's claims that the heat effect was constant and should have fallen off as the temperature of the box reached equilibrium with its surroundings.

Limbo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He never demonstrated that it worked.

He described ways you could demonstrate that it worked (like the Einstein experiment), but to this day nobody has every produced an actual demonstration.

Really, it this were such a revolution, someone would have actually checked to see if it worked.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

....Ah the holy hand grenade .....

THAT is the reason I am NOT a "christian"....because I am TOO smart!!

But, back to the "holy hand grenade".....

(LOL)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Limbo

"Wilhelm Reich" and his idea of "orgone"????

He was a nut.....a famous (almost 'infamous', in a way) .... but profoundly mentally ill!!

en.wikipedia.org...

and you think quoting from Wikipedia makes him a nut.. Maybe you should try reading some of his work yourself before drawing that conclusion..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

....and you think quoting from Wikipedia makes him a nut..

NOT only the Wiki insert......one only has to READ his stuff to realize.....that he was insane.

"Orgone"???

Please find a proof of this 'substance' called "orgone".....good luck.

We ALL (those of us in the real world) know it does not exist........

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

No it does not make him crazy. Crazy can be an idea out of time and place.. Orgone energy is not so different to bio morphogenetic fields. An idea that is gaining momentum again after a long slumber.

We are stuck on a small rock in an infinite universe with a collective knowledge that spreads back a few thousand years and we get peeps like you who proclaim to understand which forces in the universe are valid and which are not..

Really you should be a little more open minded because none of us have a clue to whats going on in the universe..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

No it does not make him crazy. Crazy can be an idea out of time and place.. Orgone energy is not so different to bio morphogenetic fields. An idea that is gaining momentum again after a long slumber.

We are stuck on a small rock in an infinite universe with a collective knowledge that spreads back a few thousand years and we get peeps like you who proclaim to understand which forces in the universe are valid and which are not..

Really you should be a little more open minded because none of us have a clue to whats going on in the universe..

Indeed, history is littered with scientific finds being buried by close minded bigots..

Limbo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

Of course....REAL science is tends to be TRUE, due to many, many, many people who can REPRODUCE results......and THAT is what science does......REPRODUCING RESULTS.....

....and yeah....THAT is "science"........

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

There is no such thing as "orgone energy"....(SORRY)....

Orgone energy is not so different to bio morphogenetic fields.

But to imagine a "morphogenetic field"?? OK.....run with that. Not per the thread OP, though.....(good luck).....
edit on Sun 8 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Limbo

Of course....REAL science is tends to be TRUE, due to many, many, many people who can REPRODUCE results......and THAT is what science does......REPRODUCING RESULTS.....

....and yeah....THAT is "science"........

There is a case of a fish that "real science" claimed was extinct.
One person found one and this refuted the entire scientific argument..

Cold fusion : one person produces results vs the whole of mainstream which produces rebuttals..
I don't care much for for way of thinking. 10 experiments say it is false 5 say it is true so it's bs.
What happens if I am in my house, heating it on a cold fusion generator and you are telling me its bs?.
I'd be sitting there laughing at you from my warm armchair.

The question you should be asking yourself is
"Why have people claimed positive results while others claim it is hogwash?"
I like exploring those things.

The fact is, what people believe in makes them a "nut." from "your" perspective, simply because they are outside "your" box...

Limbo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There is no such thing as "orgone energy"....(SORRY)....

prove it...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

True....but, ALL of it is science.

Science is a process.

"Belief".....that is something else.....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"orgone" energy???

YOU....go on....prove that "it" exists.......go on! I dare you!!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

He's too lazy to even read Reich's work.

Science is often dishonest. On my science degree they spent a lot of time teaching us how to shamelessly manipulate data. I pulled them on it, but was told it was what we had to do to survive. Basically, funding needs to be secured by sexing up results. I'm sure other universities do the same.

If people want to believe everything they read in a journal, they're as mental as they claim these 'kooks' to be. I know, and have taught quite a few scientists. Some are cool, but a couple are nasty bastards who I don't trust at all.

Medical science has failed abysmally to help some people I know who were and are still suffering. I'd read Reich's stuff so thought what the hell! I had some time and spare cash so I did a little experiment. It didn't work, but that doesn't prove that Reich was mad.

Furthermore, if Reich was mentally ill as plane man says, why did the prophet Albert E even give him the time of day? Charity?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Limbo

Science is a process.

Which is often deeply flawed.
edit on 8-4-2012 by lazernation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lazernation

Science is Self-Correcting.......this means that ALL (or any) "flaws" are exposed......and CORRECTED.......

Do, please.......learn some SCIENCE!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Reich being a friend of Einstein is a good point. I guess they chatted a lot and Einstein liked him.
If he did not have some substance then how would Einstein entertain him?

Reich did experiments, documented them reported his results and looked for peer review.
When his experiment was shown to be flawed, he repeated the experiment with the flaws in mind.
How is that not science?

I remind you that Kurt Godel was mentally ill also and he had one of the most brilliant minds ever!

Limbo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join