It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOMAG and NAF Sigonella Patches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I recently was at an estate sale and happened to obtain a military style jacket (that reminded me of the movie Easy Rider, for some reason) with some interesting patches on it. I picked it up because of a book by Trevor Paglen released in 2007 that sparked my interest in "patch subjects" called "I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have To Be Destroyed By Me: Emblems from the Pentagon's Black World." Which can be viewed here. www.naderlibrary.com...

I know that NAF Sigonella and MOMAG are not black-ops and they are of Navy origin. I just want to know more about the function and history of the installations, and more so the validity of the patches. I have looked up the patches on the internet, and the ones I have found seem to be more "unoriginal" and replicas. Hopefully some of my fellow ATS'ers can help me out. Thanks in advance for any info on the patches. Now for the pics(click for better view,) because it didn't happen.

edit on 4/8/2012 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tundra

I am a Mineman myself and have been stationed in Sicily during my first tour many years ago as I am about to retire. I am curious who owned that jacket though as we are a small rate and I might know him/her. Our Sicily shop closed down many years ago and the other patch is a Mineman Wide patch. You can google Minewarfare and come up with a pluthera of information about us. If you have any question(within reason) feel free to ask.

new topics

join