It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uh, oh.. tulsa shooting spree "appeared to be "targeting black people to shoot."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Neighbors fearful after shootings in Tulsa

Residents of Tulsa's predominantly black north side said Saturday they're afraid a shooter is still roaming their neighborhoods looking for victims after five people were shot — and three killed — a day earlier.

"We're all nervous," said Renaldo Works, 52, who was getting his hair cut at the crowded Charlie's Angels Forever Hair Style Shop on Saturday morning. "I've got a 15-year-old, and I'm not going to let him out late. People are scared. We need facts.

Read more at:

www.google.com...

FBI Joins Probe Into Tulsa Shootings

Tulsa -The FBI has joined the investigation into a series of shootings early Friday morning that left three people dead and two others injured.

The shootings all took place within a three mile radius and at around the same time, police believe.

The NAACP held an emergency press conference Friday evening in the wake of the violence and say they believe the shootings are hate crimes.

"There has been three people killed, others have been shot, in four different incidents," Tulsa City Councilor Jack Henderson said. "And it appears at this time that we have a person -- a white individual -- that has started going around and taking shots at black people."

Read more at:

www.ktul.com...

Oh boy, here we go. This sounds kind of fishy to me, is this is psy-ops? Trying to stir up the race war some more, trying to get more support to attack gun rights? White on black crime of this nature is rare, as shown:

Statistics show that white on black homicide is low:

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
Murder

Race and Sex of Victim by Race and Sex of Offender, 2010
www.fbi.gov...

But regardless of all of this, yes the current case of Zimmerman and Travyon was tragic, but what about the countless black on black violence? Why doesn't this get mentioned more often? Why doesn't Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Spike Lee talk about this. Why doesn't this New Black Panther Party?

Now before we get the usual left / right talk I believe neither party talks about it because they don't really care unless it will get them votes. Same goes for those people in that video, they are talking about it because it is popular at the moment, they are getting their 15 seconds of camera time.

Your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My thoughts? Get rid of guns.

People concerned about self defense can use pepper spray, tasers, bean bag guns, among other non-lethal deterrents.

Can those deterrents be lethal? Potentially, but they will eliminate the deaths of innocent bystanders and greatly reduce the number of killing sprees, like this one in Tulsa.

EDIT: Regarding race, we can talk about percentages, total amounts, per capita, and every analytical aspect to spin this tragedy to support a particular belief, but the sad fact is that people died because someone had the means to the end.
edit on 7-4-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

People concerned about self defense can use pepper spray, tasers, bean bag guns, among other non-lethal deterrents.

Can those deterrents be lethal? Potentially, but they will eliminate the deaths of innocent bystanders and greatly reduce the number of killing sprees, like this one in Tulsa.

EDIT: Regarding race, we can talk about percentages, total amounts, per capita, and every analytical aspect to spin this tragedy to support a particular belief, but the sad fact is that people died because someone had the means to the end.

Great idea get rid of guns, because that
would of prevented this nut ball from shooting
people? The only thing getting rid of guns here does
is leave the victims and the people around them helpless.
I would of liked to of heard this guy at least got shot back at,
best killed... Now how you going to stop this nut job with a gun
when you don't have one?
also there is a thread touching this subject www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

non-lethal deterrents are meant for people who are unarmed. so you wouldn't mind defending yourself against someone with an ar15 with only pepper spray or a taser?

the sad fact is that guns exist, and whether you make them legal or illegal- drug dealers, cartels, murderers etc will still own them and not hesitate to use them on you.

let alone the scary fact that the government would only be able to have them

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

They will never get rid of guns in this country, just a fact.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
^^ No, if you two would think for a second, I'm saying get rid of ALL guns. No guns = no shootings. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

^^ No, if you two would think for a second, I'm saying get rid of ALL guns. No guns = no shootings. Simple as that.

cats out of the bag now

Aint no turning back...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Well if you have a magic wand by all means go ahead and wave it. Problem is rounding up all the guns would only ge trid of responsible gun owners ability to defend themselves from criminals who would just keep theirs.

It seems a bit premature to call this another race issue. It wouldn't surprise me at all though. I'm surprised how many people were hanging out in their yards that early in the morning.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yes I'm sure no guns would find their hands into criminals somehow.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If all registered guns are confiscated, and all ammunition confiscated, the few people with illegal guns won't make a lick of difference. Criminals use illegal guns even with the silly 2nd amendment, so the 2nd amendment isn't protecting anyone except killers. Make owning or using a gun punishable by the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here was a time when I had a great deal of respect for the NAACP for fighting for justice and equality, but lately, it seems the NAACP are more interested in fanning the flames, even going as far as to claim racial overtones in what is not likely a racially motivated situation, and trying to drive a wedge between the people they claim to represent and the rest of the population. I am becoming less and less comfortable with the direction the NAACP is heading.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

no guns are registered in my state so does that mean I get to keep mine?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The media/other organizations have pulled the race card day after day since the Martin/Zimmerman incident causing racial tensions in the US to rise to the point that it has that they are deserving of some of the blame in all of this, too. They are doing a great job at feeding this fire - How hot will it get?

reply to post by DaTroof

And when machetes or baseball bats take the place of firearms, what then, ban them too?

Ban crossbows?
Hammers?
Rocks?
Fists?

Take away access to one weapon, another will fill the void. This has always been and always will be the case.

It's like saying drug use is a huge problem so we shall ban Bic lighters to stem the use of drugs. They are going to find a different method to light that fire.

The implement used by the murderer is not the root of the problem.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

join