It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rare Site???? Pink Moon??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, I've heard the term once in a blue moon and do know what it stands for a 2 fullmoons in one month. Now will there be a term for pink moon. Is this a pollution, lens filter, photoshop or what. It is a very pretty site thought you all might enjoy. (link is provided as I don't have flash program.) What do you suppose causes this?
I have never heard the term "pink" moon before have any of you.

Daily Mail Reporter

The April full moon, heralding the coming of spring, is often known as the 'pink moon', named for the moss pink flower which appears at this time of year.This year, the pink moon coincides with the Easter weekend and the start of Passover, the most sacred times in the Christian and Jewish calendar.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 7-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A rare sight?

Not really......just another annual event.

In the southern hemisphere it is called the 'Harvest Moon'.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

When it came over the Horizon here in Florida it was massive and Orange like an evil pumpkin.

Pink, no. Orange yes!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but the beautiful full moon coinciding with Easter just gives me a thrill down my spine. It"s as if nature itself is rejoicing in the celebrartion of the Ressurection. I live on the shore of Lake Michigan, and I have to say, the full moon reflecting off of the still lake yesterday morning was truly beautiful. To all of my fellow Christians out there, Halleluah! Christ is risen!!!

top topics

join