It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona bill declares women pregnant two weeks before conception

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
endthelie.com...

Under Arizona’s H.B. 2036, the state would recognize the start of the unborn child’s life to be the first day of its mother’s last menstrual period. The legislation is being proposed so that lawmakers can outlaw abortions on fetuses past the age of 20-weeks, but the verbiage its authors use to construct a time cycle for the baby would mean that the start of the child’s life could very well occur up to two weeks before the mother and father even ponder procreating. On page eight of the proposed amendment to H.B. 2036, lawmakers lay out the “gestational age” of the child to be “calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman,” and from there, outlaws abortion “if the probable gestational age of [the] unborn child has been determined to be at least twenty weeks.” More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

H.B. 2036 passed in the Arizona Senator by 20-to-10 and will soon go before the state’s House. More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

Honestly.... Arizona has gone bat-sh*t insane in the past decade. What is going on there?

Like said in article, if it were up to some of these people, they would just assume all women of child bearing age are to be considered pregnant, because they possibly could be in 2 weeks.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Legislation about people's own bodies = bat shht crazy, to me anyway. Maybe I'm the crazy one.

I can't.... this place sux, it really does, sometimes.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is nothing but trying to take us back to the dark ages by having the state dictate to women what they'll do with their own bodies.

These psychos can try to regulate my body all they want, but if I don't want to have a kid, then by God I'm not going to have one. And if I don't want a parasite in my body, then I will get it out, no matter how much these control freaks want to scream about me being a baby murderer.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Some people are just not cut out for parenting, especially someone who views an unborn child as a parasite. You make a great fit with Prez O who said teens should not be punished with babies. I'm thinking it's the other way around, babies should not be punished with uncaring parents.

That being said, I'm guessing the law attemtps at defining a time frame of gestation based on what is known-the woman's last period, rather than an unkown, the exact time of conception. While I may not necessarily agree with this approach, that does not change my observation of people's attitudes.
edit on 7-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This should make it an easy out on child support then.
What? I didn't even meet her until the following week. And I have proof.
If the child was conceived at the time the law says, it couldn't possibly be mine.....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

My biggest concern is regarding RU486 (abortion pill) which can be safely taken up to 6 weeks. If this law passes , they will be doing unnecessary invasive procedures on women who don't need to undergo the "vacuum" , compromising women's safety and subjecting them to unnecessary harm, risks and complications.

Most of the time an ultrasound is a requirement anyway in which medical professionals can tell the gestational age, so once again we have politicians pretending to be medical professionals and interfering with sound practice.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
This should make it an easy out on child support then.
What? I didn't even meet her until the following week. And I have proof.
If the child was conceived at the time the law says, it couldn't possibly be mine.....

ahah, as soon as I think the US reached a pinnacle of stupid laws.. this one gets passed.. and i am sure one will top this

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Wow...

Hey Arizona - if you think abortion is wrong, don't partake...

BTW: what's next - if I have a wet dream am I guilty of murder..?

And think about it, did they just make menstruation a criminal act..?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

If the fetus is not viable, and especially if it has no nervous system, then its parasitically dependent upon the mother. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Wow...

Hey Arizona - if you think abortion is wrong, don't partake...

BTW: what's next - if I have a wet dream am I guilty of murder..?

And think about it, did they just make menstruation a criminal act..?

Well technically if you had a wet dream, it would be considered MASS murder. You scoundrel.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

PERFECT!
You nailed it dead on!
Each and every ejacualtion MUST have a name!!!

Utterly, positively BAT#!

Let's nuke 'em.... oh, hold the phone- they are being nuked- we ALL are.
Here come the Fuku deformities!!!!
Can't let THOSE be aborted!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
When are people going to realize the teapublican mantra of no taxes, no government, was just a red herring for the social conservative agenda. It was obvious from the beginning but this is the hard proof.

Why does the right hate women???!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
...but isn't a woman's eggs created when she is in the womb of her mother?
If I read this right, what they're really doing -is equating abortion with period!

The basic question here is; do the man (the guy sparking the fire -they put out) have any rights?

Reminds me to reread In Steven Lukes "Power: A radical view"

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
When are people going to realize the teapublican mantra of no taxes, no government, was just a red herring for the social conservative agenda. It was obvious from the beginning but this is the hard proof.

Or, conversely, why does the left hate children? It goes both ways. The right doesn't have a lock on hatred.

/TOA
edit on 8-4-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Do you honestly feel it is sanity declaring a woman pregnant two weeks before conception?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Bwahahahaha! A woman can be pregnant before she meets the father now!
This is getting beyond idiotic.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Some people are just not cut out for parenting, especially someone who views an unborn child as a parasite. You make a great fit with Prez O who said teens should not be punished with babies. I'm thinking it's the other way around, babies should not be punished with uncaring parents.

That being said, I'm guessing the law attemtps at defining a time frame of gestation based on what is known-the woman's last period, rather than an unkown, the exact time of conception. While I may not necessarily agree with this approach, that does not change my observation of people's attitudes.
edit on 7-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

You should observe your attitude

Always here talking about the dangers of big government, yet strangely and obtusely supporting
a government that wants to re write all notions of reality. Now that is one F ing big government -

Arizona decrees "You are dead NOW because eventually you will be dead!"

Talk about big Government

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by spyder550

Or, conversely, why does the left hate children? It goes both ways. The right doesn't have a lock on hatred.

/TOA
edit on 8-4-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

Ya, the right bitches when they are asked to provide welfare for the child, once
it is conscience and actually has a name, go figure the awesomeness in that
kind of love.

"I love you until you get hungry!"
edit on 8-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Haha, or till the DNA test comes back on the Maury show.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
WTF?

I may be wrong here, but the way I understand this is that all the eggs that are unfertalized and just pass naturally through the body now is the same as murder? I mean if a life starts even before the egg is fertalized then we've been killing all these innocent children for 1000s of years!!! We're so horrible.

OR

Maybe State and Federal Government should keep their noses out of peoples stuff. Let people do what they want. If its not you personally then eff off.

MOTF!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join