It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Office website disrupted; 'Anonymous' group blamed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The website became inaccessible at about 21:00 BST on Saturday; a message blamed "high volume of traffic".

Earlier this week Anonymous claimed to have defaced almost 500 websites in China.

They seem to fear nobody. I know a few weeks ago they attacked the vatican.

A message put on the hacked sites said the attack was carried out to protest against the Chinese government's strict control of its citizens.

Fight the power people.

We can change things.

They are scared.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Tell em to stop it. if they continue and are even more successful , then the Gov. will just throw the switch, denying all access to the web by civilians. Then we won't get to chat anymore.

Hey wait. If I was TPTB and wanted to stop the dissemination of information and the truth, then I would invent an "anonymous terror hacking" group, so I could hack the rest of the worlds governments a), and b), shut down public access to the web. All in one fell swoop.

Then information exchange could go back to the old days of one way, top down, propaganda mind melds. If you want to know something turn on the TV, read a magazine, call a friend.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
They seem to fear nobody. I know a few weeks ago they attacked the vatican.

They fear nobody and affect everybody.

Bringing down sites is as useful as building sand castles; it may look nice for some time, during that time nobody has access to that area, they disappear without a trace and two days later nobody remembers it.

join