It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face of Authoritarian Environmentalism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
reply to post by reitze

I will make a new thread to express my own ideas more forcefully.

reply to post by Garfee

I can't force knowledge but I can try to encourage myself and other people to shed illusions. Having done that, I have done my best.

At this point you've only hinted that you disagree with something I said while taking several posts and replies and not saying what. The women who wrote the SHILL piece was implying criminalization of SCIENCE, and such thought-crime to be punished by forced drugs. THAT's non-science, non-sense, and IMHO CRIMINAL of the nature of Joseph Goebbels. Of course there's no "crime" till the Nazi situation plays out and the world war gets lost. But at least I can identify it for what it is... CRIMINAL acting to consolidate the power of propaganda over science.

Are you implying you'll make a thread to fuhrer that cause? Or were you intending another point along the lines of waking people up via the absurd? Or what?

For now, the OP represents the face of "Authoritarian Environmentalism"... STUPID, STRONG, and CRAZY (looking)!
edit on 4/10/2012 by reitze because: + link

edit on 4/10/2012 by reitze because: sp

edit on 4/10/2012 by reitze because: +quote

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So tired of these tree-hugging hippies and their so-called "love" of this so-called "planet" and all its so called "beauty".

I say drill the earth, smoke the skies, chop the forests... Anyone who says otherwise is just a big fat earth-loving, care-for-your-home, wimp. Scorch it. Drill it. KIll it. Keep your eyes on the prize. Fat gorgeous earth-raping money.

Respect a man's right to choose to abort the planet. It's not a living thing so its okay.
edit on 10-4-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Read my thread on how environmentalism is not the same as eugenics. Go to my profile and find it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

"Spiritual Zombie" is a good name for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh - the horrors.

Of expecting humans to be responsible for their environment.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I cannot understand why Creationists would not be the first people to want to preserve the environment and endangered species since God created them! The real love of Republicans seems to be money. That is the god of much of conservatism, the Golden Calf.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I cannot understand why Creationists would not be the first people to want to preserve the environment and endangered species since God created them! The real love of Republicans seems to be money. That is the god of much of conservatism, the Golden Calf.

If by creationists you mean Christians then the possible answer lies in their belief in Rapture and Apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I am a Jew and not a Christian. However, I know that in the Christian Book of Revelations it states that and end will be brought to those who destroy the Earth with sin. Can that not be interpreted to mean that an end will be brought to those who destroy the Earth through *greed*?

Does anyone want to be at the business end of Divine Judgement and assume that somehow they are "saved" merely by believing? That would be the ultimate false doctrine.

That is why I am closer to being a Christian as a leftist Jew than they are!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by reitze

Read my thread on how environmentalism is not the same as eugenics. Go to my profile and find it.

I consider myself an environmentalist, but not a "eugenicist". Agenda 21 is one type of "eugenics" approach toward environmentalism that's been co-opted by elite-corporate/govt/$power to assert population reduction in the name of environmentalism.

The problem isn't people who appreciate environmental conservation. No, its hypocrites who promote things like CO2 tax extortion, ethanol subsidies - burning food for fuel, and complete nuclear shut-downs without "reprocessing" the "spent fuel" that's sitting precariously above ground in cooling-& water-leek critical "fuel pools" all over the world. Fukushima just waiting to happen all over the place.

Oh and fracking up the water tables too - so they can sell us water while not bothering to replace the water all the farm and wildlife animals might drink. Fracking up the rivers etc.

Just like the TP got co-opted and OWS is in danger of being co-opted... the environmental movements have been long co-opted and are a sort of "ROAD TO HELL PAVED BY GOOD INTENTIONS".

And never mind the Nazi-enabler-lady advocates social-science-application to drug any scientists who would speak out against CO2 tax extortion schemes.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I am a Jew and not a Christian. However, I know that in the Christian Book of Revelations it states that and end will be brought to those who destroy the Earth with sin. Can that not be interpreted to mean that an end will be brought to those who destroy the Earth through *greed*?

Does anyone want to be at the business end of Divine Judgement and assume that somehow they are "saved" merely by believing? That would be the ultimate false doctrine.

That is why I am closer to being a Christian as a leftist Jew than they are!

The reason I said Christian and not Jewish or Islamic or any other religion/philosophy that believes in creation is that for most part Christians are the most vocal in pushing creationism theory, mostly when countering evolution. Atheists and Agnostics have also labeled anyone believing in ID as creationists, mostly in a derogatory way.

As for your quote, the Book of revelations is a prophecy and that prophecy is believed to be truth by most of the practitioners of that faith. It is a double effect; on one hand you have some that believe that the world will end (regardless of how or why it ends) and that it is set in stone. That means it is pointless resisting the inevitable, and instead of trying to prevent eco-cide or environmental destruction, concentration falls to "saving" as many souls as possible.

On the other hand you have some fanatical believers that wish to self prophesize and put into action the direct events that will lead to the apocalypse, such as those involved in the ME conflict in order to built the temple, and those openly trying to start WW3. You can argue that the antagonizers aren't really Christian at all and are playing the "other" side unknowingly, but the belief still stems from the BOR.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The truly sad problem with academia today is that academia has been "captured" by Intitutions such as monsanto, and the BLM. These Institutions not only give acredited Colleges their money, by way of grants, but set the text books to placate their exact outcomes. I learned this roughly three years ago when argueing with a professor whom was a strict "center line" advocate.

the system is rigged and has been captured a very long time ago, the only scarier observation is these neo-scholars are becoming increasing facist on a scale not seen since the "New Deal" in FDR's time

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If someone believes that man was created to care for the Earth (Genesis 2:15) then would not one want to do just that out of a feeling of obedience?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join