It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...An American Couple Comes Into My Canadian Store... True Story

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I dunno Ive considered buying a boat recently and just living on it lol out in international waters or on some remote island.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Nothing to add except, thats a cool story. :-)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So awesome
Great story. I'm an American citizen, lived in Canada for 7 years as a permanent resident. Wish I could go back so bad. I've never had a bad experience with a Canadian.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I've never had a bad experience with a Canadian.

Well, if that's your pic in your avatar I couldn't imagine you having a bad experience anywhere...

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

*smirks* That's Gillian Anderson. She played Scully on The X-Files.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by jude11

*smirks* That's Gillian Anderson. She played Scully on The X-Files.

oops...so it is...

Never seen her without a pants suit.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

whether they are open minded or just RAH-RAH GO AMERICA type folks.

So being "open minded" means having your points of view and being anti-American?

edit on 7-4-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

so your idea of being "open minded" is

just "RAH-RAH GO AMERICA"?

anyone speaking up about the corruption in America

does not care about America?

I bet you make a fantastic Pvt. gomer pyle..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have no problems with people coming into my country... When they pay taxes, carry health insurance, and don't cost everyone else more money. I don't like it when illegals don't have the same set of rules as everyone else. The system sucks, and until it is fixed, get out of the country I help pay for.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its nice to know that there are open-minded strangers out there. Even if they are from "across the road". I am curious though how old did the couple appear to be? I would be great if we had more people like these in the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If I was them, and the thought had been floating in my mind, I would have taken that conversation as a sign. Seriously. And your bakery sounds awesome

I really have hope even in the face of so much in the world we have a chance to come together...to whatever end. We were all born into this time for a reason, I know that much...we have the ability
edit on 16-4-2012 by girlwithkaleidoscope3eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I read your thread when you first started it and I have to say that I found it interesting. I would like to add my insight on this subject.

I personally find it very unamerican for people to up and run from their country over fear of the unknowns. I call it unknowns because we really do not know what is going to happen from day to day. Sure we can learn from history and it does repeat itself,

But to just up and leave what my ancestors fought for, what they believed in, and tried their best to make this a country to where they are proud to have their children grow up, enjoy life, reap the rewards of what they fought for.

This is very unpatriotic in my opinion and I am here till the last remains of what is and could be. I will deal with it the best I can and try to make this the best place possible for my childrens future.

The only possible way I would leave, is if the land is totally inhabitable, nuclear or whatever.

To me when someone just ups and leaves their problems, this is a sign of something more within that person.

It is cool to exercise "options", but to just leave ones country because of fear is just outright wrong.

(my opinion of course)

edit on 16-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbekt21
reply to post by jude11

Its nice to know that there are open-minded strangers out there. Even if they are from "across the road". I am curious though how old did the couple appear to be? I would be great if we had more people like these in the world.

They looked to be in their late 50's or early 60's.

Which in itself was a shocker.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by jude11

Wait a minute....

You own a store and make profit??

Surprised you haven't been dragged all over the coals and called a demon!

Making profit is evil on ATS!!!! (apparently)

Evil profit maker you.

As you were....

Whatever? We come from all walks of life!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I go up to canada a few times a year to help supplement my income. Your gold mining laws allow people to mine any water that is public access so I usually make my way up to walden claim 2. Man you guys got some rich gold up there. Nuggets and nuggets all for the taking. Love it. Love it love it. If I lived up there I would be prospecting daily and have me probably 15-20 quartz veins claimed.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I personally find it very unamerican for people to up and run from their country over fear of the unknowns. I call it unknowns because we really do not know what is going to happen from day to day. Sure we can learn from history and it does repeat itself,

But to just up and leave what my ancestors fought for, what they believed in, and tried their best to make this a country to where they are proud to have their children grow up, enjoy life, reap the rewards of what they fought for.

edit on 16-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

Before there even was an America, people had the right to leave the country they were in to find a better place to live. So, are you saying Americans should not be as free as their ancestors were? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the concept of America in the first place? I notice you weren't sticking up for the countries that the ancestors of the ancestors you speak about abandoned.

I find it unAmerican to not capitalize the word "unamerican."
edit on 6-5-2012 by TrulyColorBlind because: To add one more small point.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrulyColorBlind

So, are you saying Americans should not be as free as their ancestors were?

Umm,

I believe I was saying that my ancestors fought for my right to be here. I will respect them and what they did for me and my family. If your family did not come here in the 1600's that is fine by me.

I feel that people these days pay little attention and respect to how and why they came to this country.

It seems that you have a problem with this.

Of course it is a "free" country. If you want to call financial slavery, "freedom".

It is my opinion and my insight on this situation. If people want to pack up and leave, that is fine.

I notice you weren't sticking up for the countries that the ancestors of the ancestors you speak about abandoned.

Unfortunately, I do not know their story..........Do you?

I find it unAmerican to not capitalize the word "unamerican."

It is nice that you are a member of the grammar police. It is refreshing to know that with you patroling looking for "spellig" no gooders like me. We need to be kept in check you know?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join