It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Rep Chaffetz: White House blocking access to Fast and Furious witness who wants to testify.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised?

White House Counsel Kathryn Ruemmler sent a letter Thursday to Republican lawmakers Rep. Darrell Issa and Sen. Chuck Grassley, refusing their request to speak with Kevin O’Reilly, a former National Security staff member whose emails place him in the middle of the unfolding scandal. Issa and Grassley had written to Ruemmler on March 28, asking the White House to step aside and let O’Reilly talk to investigators.
Why not let him talk? Unless there is something to hide. So was it corruption or incompetence? This whole botched operation is shedding a lot of light on some not so savory operations the government is involved in.SOURCE

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Blatant, boasting corruption within the highest offices in government, but people don't care.

"Oh, the CIA and the Executive branch aided cartels in Mexico by giving them guns? Who carez and wheres dat?? USA, USA; live free and die. Derp derp derp let's watch dancing with the starz"

The recent Egyptian revolution began because of shortages of food, not because people got fed up with the tyranny of Mubarak. When people begin to starve, they blame the government. Mubarak isn't exactly a man deserving of praise, but he had no control over the food shortage in Egypt.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by GD21D

Blatant, boasting corruption within the highest offices in government, but people don't care.
Oh so very true. Most are much more interested in the Martin Zimmerman fiasco. Isn't it kind of humorous how this is hardly getting much press?Look at it this way. I was an armorer in the military. What do you think would of happened to me if I lost 10 rifles out of my inventory, and three of them were implicated in murders? How much press would that have got?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hope the witness is like a cat...with nine lives. It's become unhealthy to go against this administration.

S&F...hope this gets more attention.....

des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Hope the witness is like a cat...with nine lives. It's become unhealthy to go against this administration.

S&F...hope this gets more attention.....

des
It won't, like I said people are more interested in speculating on the Martin Zimmerman case. Government involved in shady operations isn't as juicy as prodded racial tension. As long as a couple people pick up on the story and find interest I'm satisfied.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Lets hope congress can force the issue....they can do more than just politely ask cant they?how about a grand jury?perhaps it time they convened one to see if laws were violated?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The only congress that would force the issue is a congress made up of regular American citizens that don't subscribe to the corporate media's reality. That seems to be the only way to right all of America's wrongs. Poor and middle-class people alike need to be elected to every position of Congress, so we can have and use democracy more than ever. Perhaps, it is time to even rethink how our democracy works? Otherwise, we already know what the state corporate powers will do, and it is only up to us to change it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Mormon Politicians attack?

en.wikipedia.org...

Early life, education, and business careerChaffetz's father was Jewish and his mother was a Christian Scientist.[1] Chaffetz converted to Mormonism in his college years

In early 2012 Chaffetz worked as a spin doctor on behalf of the Mitt Romney presidential campaign during primary season, shadowing the campaign of rival GOP candidate Newt Gingrich to offer rebuttals to reporters following Gingrich speeches.[15] "I'm just trying to offer a little perspective," said Chaffetz at one of Gingrich's Florida stops.[16]

So is Romney showing his Mormon side? So is Chaffetz showing his Mormon side? Does this show that they will use Mormonism to run the country? Should we be scared? Glenn Beck is Mormon and he allways wanted people to be scared. He says they are coming for you they will drag you out of your house and kill you! I think my comments are pretty much a joke. But then again using Mormon connections to try and win and run a country is to!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I don't really care about the Mormon spin one way or the other in pertaining to this issue. It is veering off of the main issue at hand, and that is big government not taking responsibility for a botched operation that led to multiple murders and crimes. You can't just lose approx 3,000 weapons and just sweep it under the rug. When you do that it appears that you are trying to hide something. Like I stated before, if I had lost 10 weapons and 3 of them were implicated in murders myself and my immediate chain of command would of had our nuts crushed. Furthermore, I would go as far as to say the media outrage would have been tremendous, but since big government could be implicated we won't touch the issue as much.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Theres a lot more to fast and furious than is being told. And its classified and probly will never be released. The Republicans know this and thats the only reason they use it. The republicans started fast and furious mapping a long rime ago. They never had plans to act on information. They just wanted the information. The only data released so far is from Arizona. And they were involved with it to.

So where is the outrage of Arizona?

When secrets come out someone gets mad. Well there is another mapping prohect taking place to. Its called Anonymous. They track the connections of data and the paths it follows so they can learn the routes being used for information. Later they will use this to stop that flow when they want to. Not to mention the tracking of police departments, sheriff departments to right wing groups such as tea party and even the groups like sam adams alliance and the many koch brothers groups. Its a war for information routes and the control of propaganda and leaks. Theres a reason they have not touched Murdoch yet and I think its because they are trying to learn all they can befor they do anything. If not it will be whack a mole as a new head pops up some where else. The new way of intelligence map learn and create a database. Really its kind of like pre 9/11 mentallity all over again. But if what we have built after 9/11 is corrupt you have no choice but to start from the begining again and just scrap the corrupt system of spying, hacking, propaganda and stealing and create a new system of spying, hacking, propaganda and stealing but will Obama make it just as corrupt but to the left? I don't think hes really done to many things that are left hes in the middle right of the republicans befor the went extreme right.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That is pretty pathetic Zimman has gotten more attention than gunwalker and fast and furious where thousands of brown people were murdered.

Obama and holder both are guilty here.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
That is pretty pathetic Zimman has gotten more attention than gunwalker and fast and furious where thousands of brown people were murdered.

Obama and holder both are guilty here.

All part of the plan... the louder the noise brought by the Martin and Zimmerman propoganda, the more easily it is to confuse the F n F debacle and divert away attention hoping out of sight, out of mind.

How could a logical person ever believe that the President of the United States was if nothing else part of the approval process for this to be performed.

And given Holders history of being anti-gun and the Presidents agenda of circumventing the second amendment and the law "under the radar" to quote his statement of assurance to Sarah Brady and company.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm glad to see people here taking some kind of notice. How about this one. Google keyword search (Zimmerman Martin), it will bring up approx 19,800 news articles. Now keyword search (fast and furious), it will bring up approx 2,300 news articles. Now keep in mind there is a movie called Fast and Furious. It's a testament to the fact that the information you get is controlled. It's kind of pathetic when you see the blatant media control.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
I'm glad to see people here taking some kind of notice. How about this one. Google keyword search (Zimmerman Martin), it will bring up approx 19,800 news articles. Now keyword search (fast and furious), it will bring up approx 2,300 news articles. Now keep in mind there is a movie called Fast and Furious. It's a testament to the fact that the information you get is controlled. It's kind of pathetic when you see the blatant media control.

A huge attempt is being made to divert attention from F n F by any means. This administration, the President has said several times he stands besides Holder, is using every ounce of power to hide F n F and be forced to deal with the travesty in a court of law.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And I say again where is the outrage at Arizona?

www.tulsaworld.com...

Emails obtained by The Associated Press show how in a 2007 investigation in Phoenix, agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives - depending on Mexican authorities to follow up - let guns "walk" across the border in an effort to identify higher-ups in gun networks.

Justice Department policy has long required that illicit arms shipments be intercepted whenever possible.

The 2007 probe operated out of the same ATF office that more recently ran the flawed Operation Fast and Furious. Both probes resulted in weapons disappearing across the border into Mexico, according to the emails. The 2007 probe was relatively small - involving over 200 weapons, just a dozen of which ended up in Mexico as a result of gun-walking. Fast and Furious involved more than 2,000 weapons, some 1,400 of which have not been recovered and an unknown number of which wound up in Mexico.

Earlier this month, it was disclosed that the gun-walking tactic didn't begin under Obama, but was also used in 2006 under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

The probe, Operation Wide Receiver, was carried out by ATF's Tucson, Ariz., office and resulted in hundreds of guns being transferred to suspected arms traffickers.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at www.tulsaworld.com...

Arizona has been involved with this gun running befor Obama ever got in the White House.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Someone got caught so lets play the blame game. It's the same nonsense over and over again. Left or right, right or left it doesn't matter to me. I maintain it takes away focus from the real issue at hand. We all know big government has their hands in all kinds of illegal activities whether it's drugs, weapons, money laundering, under the table deals, you can on and on. These things go on no matter who controls the house, or is sitting in the oval office All the two party system creates is an atmosphere of plausible relief of responsibility, it wasn't the Democrats it was the Republicans. Until people realize this fundamental problem and hold everyone's feet to the fire regardless of political affiliation we are going to continue to have these problems. Nobody has to take responsibility because it's easy enough just to deflect it onto the opposing political party. STOP THE MADNESS! They're all to blame. The majority of individuals holding high offices are corrupt. This is just a case where they got caught. It's blatant government corruption and media manipulation.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Again, great post GD... and you are correct, regardless of party of other affiliation, these weapons let walk freely into Mexico by this illegal action, which was in fact approved (and likely planned) by the US government from the President on down are still spilling blood and taking lives and will continue until every weapon is recovered.
The responsibility of this illegal project is now owned by President Obama and his inactions to correct the situation, to use one of the President's favorite words, "tranparently" shows an intent and agenda which he continues to allow "under the radar".
The debacle of Fast and Furious has contributed to a war in Mexico which long ago spilled over into the US. The death of a US Border Patrolman was just the first in what will likely be the murders of dozens of innocent people in the US, let alone in Mexico before all of weapons are recovered.
The fact these weapons were inserted into an already volitile situation becomes a multiplying factor in the numbers of murders and deaths which can be directly attributed to the weapons walked by this debacle.

edit on 9-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Correct grammar

edit on 9-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Correct spelling

top topics

join