It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather in your area record breaking? Wierd? out of season? Tell it here. Information is key to surv

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

On a planet that is billions of years old...

part of a solar system just as old...

in a galaxy that is much older...

Does 200 years of records really count?

And we really do not know what "normal" really is. 200 years ago the Hudson would freeze solid due to mini ice age that was with us for 400 years and it was not until the 1800s that it broke and we started to see warmer temps.

Read about the Revolutionary war and just how cold EVERY winter was.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Southcentral Alaska.

Anchorage just broke the all-time snowiest winter record today. Forecasters say it's caused by the "arctic oscillation" - a sort of dome of cold air stuck over the state that blocks the warmer air from the Pacific from moving through. The prediction is for cooler than normal temps (hovering around freezing) through April, which increases the chances for more precipitation. I'm a bit north of Anchorage, and we got 6" today.

Of course, snow is not unusual for Alaska. But it set a record at 133", and Valdez had gotten 400" by last month. That's 11 feet and 33 feet, respectively.

We're definitely looking forward to seeing the bare ground again!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by King Jod

I live at Lake of the Ozarks in Mo.. We have not have much of a winter at all. Maybe 2 snow falls that didnt last 2 days not over a couple of inches. The grass is green and have had to mow and needs it again. My daffidills and Tulips have come and gone already, the bees and wasp or out in droves. We have gotten a lot of cloudy and rainy days.Not a real lot of rain though. Last week it was HOT all week. so hot I put up all the fire wood and fixings. Now this week it has been COLD well 40's if you call that cold, But cold enough one day to have a fire.It was cold all day today and NOW it is almost 10pm and it feels warm.. it is 57* right now.. and does not have that cold feel to the air. it will be in the 70's tomorrow.. My fruit trees and all budded out, 1st time for some of them and I have not seen that many flowers on any of them before like it was this time. My Chickens and Ducks NEVER stopped laying eggs all winter. YES I am worried about this summer..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamingsFree
Southcentral Alaska.

Anchorage just broke the all-time snowiest winter record today. Forecasters say it's caused by the "arctic oscillation" - a sort of dome of cold air stuck over the state that blocks the warmer air from the Pacific from moving through. The prediction is for cooler than normal temps (hovering around freezing) through April, which increases the chances for more precipitation. I'm a bit north of Anchorage, and we got 6" today.

Of course, snow is not unusual for Alaska. But it set a record at 133", and Valdez had gotten 400" by last month. That's 11 feet and 33 feet, respectively.

We're definitely looking forward to seeing the bare ground again!

You are going to have some amazing run-off when all that snow melts...

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

My neighbor brought me another dozen of her eggs today...her chickens have been laying like crazy all winter....I have new chicks coming on Monday., putting in my own coop. ..when they get old enough to lay....I'll be looking to find homes for extra eggs too.

This is the first winter, my pond didn't freeze over....it always has before....some strange weather.

Des

edit on 7-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It’s been pretty unusual weather here in SW Scotland too. After two successive extremely cold winters (both years, the temperatures dropped to record lows: minus 18 degrees became ‘normal’), this winter has been extremely mild. In fact, it was so mild in January, I was able to walk the mile to work in just a short-sleeved shirt. I’ve never been able to do that even in typical “mild winters”. But just about two weeks ago, it became unusually warm. We were experiencing weather that we’d normally get in June. People were outside sunbathing, girls were wearing bikinis and kids were even swimming in the river. For March, that was unheard of. Last weekend it started to become cooler. A couple of days later, it snowed. So we’re back to our usual weather for the time of year.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
No snow here in Pa. and has been overly mild the past 2 months. Saw baby bunnies already..way early.
All rivers and streams very low and ground is solid dirt. If we do not have a substantial rainfall soon, may be looking at droughts do to no snow.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I woke up this morning to about 2 feet of snow! I guess winter didn't get the memo that it is supposed to be over at this time of year

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is this thread going to turn into another "oh no the world is ending the myans was right!!!" because if so come on guys the planet is forever changing and has probably been through this a thousand or so times, it's all good and well collecting the information from everyone around the world but what can we do? NOTHING we just have to deal with it, is the OP collecting info to start another thread about 2012 end of the world or are you just generally interested.

Please don't come back with Snyde comments this is just my opinion and would like to know the point of this thread then have another input.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Is this thread going to turn into another "oh no the world is ending the myans was right!!!" because if so come on guys the planet is forever changing and has probably been through this a thousand or so times, it's all good and well collecting the information from everyone around the world but what can we do? NOTHING we just have to deal with it, is the OP collecting info to start another thread about 2012 end of the world or are you just generally interested.

Please don't come back with Snyde comments this is just my opinion and would like to know the point of this thread then have another input.

Well...now that you've finished your little rant...how has the weather been where you are. That is the topic of this thread...no?

Des

edit on 8-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Exactly what I ment you always get one! That is an uneducated fool.

Answer my questions and I shall tell you.

And it wasn't a rant it was an educated response to the thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Attempting to derail the thread...nope, won't participate.

Again...how has your weather been.....

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Cool thread but I already started one 3 days earlier with the same purpose, you'll find my unseasonal weather story and thiose of others in there...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Highest snowfall in Anchorage (Alaska) since the mid fifties, according to Climate Depot.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I am not a fear monger just gathering information as all researchers do. This is not a mayan 2012 oh no the world is ending. Just seeing if events that are happening have anything to do with the 2012 theory. Also looking at christian refrences and some pychics. If you look into sylvia brown ( i dont want to hear your opinion on her) but she had precidected this in a book she wrote years ago. Honstly tho, please just tell me how the weather is in your area? that is really all i am asking for.

*my grammer isn't great I apolgize for this as english is not my first language.
edit on 8-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Attempting to derail the thread...nope, won't participate.

Again...how has your weather been.....

Des

Des , i really appreciate you sticking to the thread topic. Thank you for the defense of my thread and understanding what i am attempting on doing.
edit on 8-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

A massive storm in Cape Town - Storm season is July and August. A really weird day....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I live in rural New Zealand, where we really did not have a summer.

It has been cool and damp, especially at night, that is unusual.
We also got fog, we normally only get that in Winter.

The South Pacific cyclone season has been very subdued.
Only 2 small ones, no major ones at all (as yet).

maybe that very bright sun has been hiding in the northern hemisphere?
Although I recall a very cold winter in USA and Europe according to news media?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Southwest England

Last year we had plenty of snow, this year we only had a 5 minute heavy downpoor of snow and then it stopped. It was really cold for a week or so back in late January early Feb, and then it started to go back to our normal winter type temperature.

Last week it was as hot as a summer's day for a week or so, but now it's cold like before. We've had a couple 20 second downpoors of hail too and it was the heaviest and biggest hail I've seen here. It wasn't as big as a golf ball like you see in some places, I'd say just a bit smaller than a pea.

It was also very very foggy for a few nights last month, you literally couldn't see more than 5 ish metres ahead of you which I've never seen before here either, weird.
[
edit on 8-4-2012 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
South Central Alaska here. We are breaking snowfall records all around the map. My town probably not the record, but close. We live at the bottom of a ski hill, so it is not unusual, just on the high side. We are probably around 300 inches so far this season at my house. The top of the hill is pushing 900 inches I think. Anchorage broke their all time record with 4 additional inches yesterday, around 134 total. Going to be nice most of this week, but a chance for more snow by next weekend.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join