It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania witness reports 'vortex' over Altoona skies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't really know what this could be. Could it be an attempt to start a Project Blue Beam dry run, sort of gage the publics reaction to something of this nature? Or could possibly be a real vortex, perhaps someone from our future staging a stargate (for want of a better word) on some type of space-time continuum travel for what purpose? A warning, from the future perhaps? Or just a trick from the camera? What is your theory, will it possibly be debunked as a hoax?
Looked interesting enough, thought I would share.

Roger Marsh

Four Pennsylvania witnesses at Altoona report they watched and videotaped a "large, fuzzy vortex" or light in the April 3, 2012, sky, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database."Looked like a tilted, white-ish vortex," the reporting witness stated. "Seemed to be a mist around it as well. The sky was perfectly clear."

Continue reading on Examiner.com Pennsylvania witness reports 'vortex' over Altoona skies - National ufo | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

edit on 6-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: take out duplicate video

edit on 6-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Nice shot! I just don't understand why they have to put music in there. I prefer to hear the actual noise when that video was taken.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

An interesting--yet fuzzy shot of "something" odd over the Altoona skyline. My first questioning goes to music (and odd, cheesy music at that) added in. Why not just record those filming explaining what they are seeing, feeling, weather conditions, locale?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I only saw about two seconds of visible footage that looked remotely intriguing. Usually zooming in so far will create the fuzzy look, but from what I briefly saw I can't say either way what I'm looking at. Of course it's at night and zoomed in heavily. Those two factors alone make any kind of determination impossible. But I am slightly intrigued from like I said about two seconds of the video. Hopefully this will happen again and who ever shot this will try to get closer and a more clear shot of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah its weird I saw it last night here, its Venus above Jupiter and Venus is looking really really weird these days.

It is looking well strange. I was going to take a picture of it last night but as you can see, with any normal camera you can't see much. It looks like it is flaring and although its at 10 o'clock on the horizon its really bright.

Other people have been talking about it.

I think part of it is that you can see it so clearly, that you can make out the crescent shape of it or half Venus phase. You know see half of it since the other half is in darkness. It might be something like that but definitely looking weird. When asked about it at the observatory the Venusians said "there is nothing to see here folk people" so I guess its nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think he recorded this with a fish still flopping around...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the poster felt the need to add music and advertisements which puts the legitimacy of this into immediate suspicion.

I would have also liked to have seen the videographer zoom in on another other extremely far distant light as often due to the shape of shutter leaves in video equipment and the typical low quality of consumer level equipment often used as opposed to professional level equipment, distortion and other faults are quite often the case.

In my opinion, there is nothing of any real interest or significance here. I'll even go so far as to wager the light as being Venus distorted by low end consumer grade equipment.
I could be wrong though as I don't have times and directions and such to reference for confirmation.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It looks like something is there. I can't tell what it is exactly it appears to be a funnel shape but can't tell the size or distance with the video. It screams military project to me, but I can't for the life of me think of why.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
www.skyandtelescope.com...

So yeah its Venus, but probably what is happening is since its 2012 the planets are getting sucked into the gravitational vortex of the galactic center and the atmosphere gets ripped off the planet and it loses its magnetic field so the reason its flaring is because positively charged ions from the sun are glazing the surface turning it to glass so I guess its nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm not surprised there is only one fuzzy amateur video of this but i didn't go to vortex college

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The music and ads yeah, but intriguing are all the comments on the Youtube page that people in areas other than PA saw this too.

I have to second the poster that mentioned Venus's brightness as of late, it's twinkling, upon first sight this evening I thought it was Capella, but looking on Stellarium it is indeed a very curiously bright Venus, more so than I really ever recall seeing before.

Not sure what exactly these people were seeing regarding this Youtube video, they say not Venus, so it's anyone's guess I suppose.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow, what terrible music on that video. It looks cool though.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What a terrible video.

Music and very grainy. Could be anything.

Why the heck do people need to add music to video's? It kills credibility right away for me.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Seriously an awful video. Looks light it was shot with a potato. Zoom in on anything with a camera that bad and you can call it whatever you want. Hell a pimple on my butt would look like a 'vortex' if you zoomed in with that camera.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Shame the video has been monetized, once again our curiosity is leeched for cash! No doubt worth reading up (as someone said such as comments of local witnesses) and hearing some testimony. Hopefully someone can come forward or report back here. I'm not going to go back and read comments on a monetized ufo video and bump up their credit though. I don't support the phenomena like that

edit on 6-4-2012 by markymint because: Spellingz

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Did anyone hear Ron Paul in the hypnotic type music? Or am I totally losing the plot? Lol... Any way, if this is venus, can't someone repeat this with a better camera? Anyone in the area got a super duper camera?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, that certainly was strange.

Here's another video from our infamous Mausson about strange things seen in the sky recently. I got no explanations.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
To those who insist the object is Venus:

Uploaded by nimitta1 on Apr 3, 2012 ..Vortex ufo Altoona PA April 3, 2012 Awesome!!! Additional info- the sky was absolutely clear, this appeared in the north western sky. Venus was well off to the left and still low at this time. the moon was directly behind us. zero cloud cover and can be verified with local weather. A second witness in Ontario has reported the same sighting at the same time on Mufon, check reports if so inclined......

www.youtube.com...[/url]

I'm not say'en what it is. It's just that this person say's it is not Venus

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Precious little to see, how about a glimpse of the moon behind thick cloud.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well, It seems like everything is Venus these days. Tbh I never seen the so called "vortex", let alone anything that resembles Venus in the night sky. It's too bad this vid isn't better quality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join