It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for our Conservative ATS Members...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Pretty simple.

Republicans aren't real conservatives.

They may have conservative leanings, but really it's just a form of dressed up liberalism.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

2+2=5
2nd line.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Pretty simple.

They may have conservative leanings, but really it's just a form of dressed up liberalism.

~Tenth

By this standard, that would mean that there hasn't been a conservative president
in many, many decades. This seems to be a marvelous way to disown the things
that don't work out so well like GWB's presidency and the results. Cause he sure
was Conservative enough for nearly 100 million conservative Americans to vote for
him two times. Of course when it does work you guys at mass chock it up to
conservatism.

It is like a person blaming the bad things that happen on god, but then owning all
the good stuff that happens.

When Conservative America votes for Romney, can will declare your theory a
hoax??? That would make 3 presidential elections where by you theory, Conservative
America was too confused to detect a liberal and too weak to do anything about it besides
putting the person in the most powerful post on the planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

When Conservative America votes for Romney, can will declare your theory a
hoax??? That would make 3 presidential elections where by you theory, Conservative
America was too confused to detect a liberal and too weak to do anything about it besides
putting the person in the most powerful post on the planet.

Just because they associate themselves as "Conservative" does not make it so.

People have the right to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Real conservatives would never allow a government to create laws that limit their freedoms; vote in favor of religious organizations, tax your income or corporations, allow social programs that don't work, support wars in foreign countries and the list the goes on and on.

These are not real conservatives.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You are right. Conservatives would not do that. Who controlled Congress when Our Dear Leader was first placed in the wrong house? Who sponsored Frank Dodd? How many wars are we in now? etc. etc. etc.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Problem is there are no real conservatives in US politics anymore. Closest you can find is Ron Paul on the libertarian side of things, and most people are scared as hell at the prospect of somebody dismantling the ruse that's been put before you.

Even so, things won't change until the vast majority of Americans actually start noticing what's going on and putting their efforts towards throwing out the system, not the people.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Just a thought.
There may be a reason why there are no true conservatives running anymore. It may be because they have to answer to so many interest groups.

But

It doesn't mean that they aren't conservtives. They just have to lie.

An interesting point, look at the judges that presidents bring to the Supreme Court.

Republican presidents? Mostly conservative judges.

Progressive president? Mostly progressive judges.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It doesn't mean that they aren't conservtives. They just have to lie.

Isn't lying about being a conservative make you, not a conservative? Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean?

And to elaborate on my point, it seems that calling yourself a Conservative these days is enough to get into the club, but it's your actions, platform and rhetoric that determine your political leanings.

None of the current GOP (other than the one I outlined above) has any semblance of Conservative values. They have warped neo-con ideals where big government rules supreme over the people and does nothing to stop corporations from proffiting from other's misfortune.

Basically making it so that Corporate citizens are above the regular flesh and blood ones. That's not conservatism.

An interesting point, look at the judges that presidents bring to the Supreme Court.

Republican presidents? Mostly conservative judges.

Progressive president? Mostly progressive judges.

That makes perfect sense to me. Put those who will likely vote in your favor if you are challenged by the legislation your administration tries to pass. As well as have friends in the high courts for future endeavors after you've become an ex-potus.

How do you think George the 2nd got elected? Cause his father's friends were on the Supreme Court. That's one theory anyway.
edit on 4/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

the issue is so freakishly convoluted.

Absolutely, I came back to this topic with that thought on my mind,

It is so complicated,

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Pretty simple.

~Tenth

I don't recognize my country anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It is true, if a "true" conservative doesn't adhere to his/her principles then they lose the right to call themselves as such.

But ideology, while muddied and convoluted, does emerge with the candidates they nominate.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes I agree that they can label some ideology Conservatism and have a bunch of people fall into the ruse.

It's sad, but that's the way things are when the media assists the theives in planting those ideas in your head and allowing them to propagate.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I think it prudent to take a step back and look at who creates labels and categories and to see who benefits from them.

Then you may have a real culprit!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's exactly it my friend.

Who benefits from associating us with political labels that are actually meaningless? Who benefits from having us fight each other on non-issues like political ideology in a system that is clearly rigged against us?

The media plays a huge role clearly, in making us subscribe to their thought process. Even in myself I've seen a disconnected between my views on the world and the rhetoric that sometimes comes out of my mouth.

I find myself working for them, for free sometimes, by regurgitating their headlines and talking points, without first actually analysing and the message and making sure that it make sense and that it's in line with what I know to be true in the world.

Likely, the answer to those questions are no 99% of the time. Even after all these years of being aware of it, I still fall prey to it.

Just goes to show how effective the propaganda machine truly is.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Those who are Ron Paul supporters are so conservative most of them will vote for Obama rather than a Conservative. (Check most of the RP posts around here.)
Not voting is also a vote for Obama.
Those who don't vote have no right to complain.
Those who don't campaign actively (footwork) have no right to complain just because their arguements online don't sway opinions.
Taking a dump on Wall Street isn't really effective.
If you want to make a difference, put on a suit, shine your shoes, and walk neighborhoods.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Alxandro

Excellent job of dodging the original set of questions, as usual. This has to do with current GOP philosophy, as in that which is portrayed by those running for the GOP nomination...

Excellent job at ignoring the status quo.
Truth is, this country does better when our system of checks and balances is in action.
This is the same system the current President wants to dissolve whenever he doesn't get his way.
I'm sure I don't need to remind you of how he recently threatened the Supreme Court if they didn't give him what he wants.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The simple answer to your question as to why companies receive record profits while supplying zero jobs is because all the jobs are overseas.. Not very complicated.. You can thank inflation and the EPA for causing that to happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Even so, things won't change until the vast majority of Americans actually start noticing what's going on and putting their efforts towards throwing out the system, not the people.

~Tenth

We see it. We recognize it. We understand it. We don't # on the flag for whom others have died defending it.
We vote. You may think it does't count but that is merely a cop out.
The votes are cast between those who have it and those who want what they have.
If Our Dear Leader wasn't promising everything for free, do you think this bum would even have a chance of being relected? People are voting for what the can get...not what they can create.

Don't tell me people don't have a chance. If that is so, it is because they have created the atmosphere of wanting someone else taking care of them or getting it by any means possible except dedication and work. Education is there if it is desired. Grants, loans and scholarships are available. What is wrong with working towards a goal instead of just wanting the goal.

A goal is just a marker. The journey of life is getting there. When people get their Cadillacs by dealing crack, the car comes easier. Immediate gratification at the cost of life to others. That is why there is no self-respect these days. People don't work towards anything. Don't want to work at McDonalds because it doesn't pay well? Getting food stamps is better? They don't mind the resentment of people behind them who worked for their food while they get it free? Where is their self-respect?

I understand people needing help and I give a lot. They don't want to be on the streets begging to feed their children. Yet there are people who have generations living on food stamps. They are just collecting the money without having to stand on the street. Same thing. One is ashamed. One is proud.

I will leave it to you to figure who which is which.
This might help. Link

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

~Tenth

We see it. We recognize it. We understand it. We don't # on the flag for whom others have died defending it.
We vote. You may think it does't count but that is merely a cop out.
The votes are cast between those who have it and those who want what they have.
If Our Dear Leader wasn't promising everything for free, do you think this bum would even have a chance of being relected? People are voting for what the can get...not what they can create.

What are you talking about?

The vast majority of Americans are clueless as to what goes in politics and the general running of their country. If that was not the case, then you would not be in this situation.

YOU may be aware of what's going on, and your social circle may be and perhaps your family or even your small community of like minded individuals.

But the masses? My god how could you ever claim they were in the know?

Obama actually doesn't promise things for free, his actions clearly indicate he wants you to pay mroe as a middle class American than his rich buddies do.

And I did not say that voting did not count, not once.

Don't tell me people don't have a chance. If that is so, it is because they have created the atmosphere of wanting someone else taking care of them or getting it by any means possible except dedication and work. Education is there if it is desired. Grants, loans and scholarships are available. What is wrong with working towards a goal instead of just wanting the goal.

Again, never said they didn't. The people are the ones that will initiate this change, but not by attempting to work within the current system, but by removing the chess pieces and changing the game entirely.

The game you currently play has been designed, for decades, to make sure that you don't have a say, and regardless of how much "influence" you think you have, you have none, because you aren't part of those 400 families.

A goal is just a marker. The journey of life is getting there. When people get their Cadillacs by dealing crack, the car comes easier. Immediate gratification at the cost of life to others. That is why there is no self-respect these days. People don't work towards anything. Don't want to work at McDonalds because it doesn't pay well? Getting food stamps is better? They don't mind the resentment of people behind them who worked for their food while they get it free? Where is their self-respect?

So you are saying that the poor are to blame for these problems your country has then? Clearly there are those who take advantage of your social programs, but there's a bigger picture of how you got here in the first place.

I understand people needing help and I give a lot. They don't want to be on the streets begging to feed their children. Yet there are people who have generations living on food stamps. They are just collecting the money without having to stand on the street. Same thing. One is ashamed. One is proud.

The generations of folks on food stamps are there because of the lack of educational among other opportunities that they have had access to over decades. The ever shrinking middle class, coupled with the greed of the Gov along with the banking cartels have created this environment.

So that me and you, or you and your neighbor, or you and the homeless crack dealer down the street can fight about about non-issues, instead of focusing on the actual problems that put you in this situation.

I will leave it to you to figure who which is which.
This might help. Link

That has nothing to do, with anything we are discussing. Just more sensationalist journalism. This happens every day, in every country on the planet.

That behavior is the result of a society that encourages violence and programs young children to enjoy it, and propagate the idea that violence solves problems.

They do the same thing with sex.

The system is the issue, not the people caught in the middle of it.

~Tenth
edit on 4/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

I personally do not like the democrats or republicans - I call them the Genavese's and Gambino's. We cannot win no matter who we vote for. Now to my thoughts on your questions. Why isn't the president doing something for those out of work - and I do not mean more government jobs. And what is up with the people that have just given up and stopped looking. Or the people that have moved back in with their parents. Tell me you are unaware of these facts. The new job figures are still ridiculous for the amount of money (stimulus) that was given to this president and previous president also, what a sick joke on all of us. We can spend our way out of debt. These new job figures are like taking one seat out of Yankee Stadium = not really noticeable but something to brag about by the useless present administration.

Here is a thought. My wife works for a department store that sells some upper end cloths. Now it cost a $1.50 to make those brand name blouses and shirts in Vietnam where they buy them. They sell them for $54.00 US dollars and of course with a coupon you can get another extra 15% off - what a joke. You wonder where the high profits are coming from? Now throw in the wall street corruption and government ties and you just go on and on.

So do think some of these companies that are making higher than never before profits are dumb? Of course not. And as long as they are allowed to keep on doing what they are doing - the profits grow. So now - can you get our president to see the light? We all need to chew on that one - right? This is just one issue - there are many more, but my point is we all have to see the total uncontrollable problem we have been dealt. We are on a sick carousel of a joke and the joker is laughing at all of us. (joker being the Federal Reserve)

Like Obama said on the White House steps = we won they lost, now it is our turn. Well Mr. Nobama you have had your turn and it hasn't solved a thing with all your stimulated wasted money, and I voted for you. We have been single handily taken apart and our government thinks more money is the answer as usual. God! isn't there someone out there that cares for this country anymore? And people are wonder where the jobs are and why the corporations are making more money than usual. I am going back to watch Dancing with Stars while we fall apart.

Thanks for a good thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join