It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd object in astronomical photo - Need advice!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
When I first looked at those pictures the one thing that came to mind was "F-18", but then someone mentioned the ISS.

Yes very strange huh? What an epic co-incidence!

Nice image though, ISS or whatever it may be

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
How about a plane old F-16 fighter with the light just right underneath it so it would show up as such. Makes better sense to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That thing looks nothing like ISS.

Must be a lens flare.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Seeing as everybody is in the ISS camp, can anyone tell me if the ISS would zip across the sky? and if so was it tracking across the sky wednesday evening 4th April at around 6:30 6:45 pm time, Newman Western Australia? I'm not terribly good with these things.......any help would be great.

It's just that a very bright star looking object tracked across the sky in front of the moon that night. I grabbed my iphone but only caught 11 seconds of it before I stupidly pressed the screen and stopped recording! But I got some of it nice and clear.

Cheers in advance for all your help!

Beno

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The ISS really? my first thought was something similar to this at night, not quite the same but you get the idea:

But who knows, that he doesn't want to release the original raises red flags, copyright for just a blurry night picture of who knows what?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
there is a presumption that the objects we see in the sky/space are real when they may be anything but real. they may be simply a really great holographic image. just sayin'. =)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

The ISS will traverse the sky in 3 minutes, if you have a clear view of both horizons. Moves quite fast to photograph. It is as bright as Jupiter, brighter in the night sky than any star without a solar panel flare, then can verge on the brightness of Venus.

Now the photos show little resemblance to the ISS but lets rule out the X-37B orbiter. It has never been photographed at that clarity, it is but the size of a leer jet, with a bay the capacity of a pickup truck. Its not the X-37B.

Its a full moon now so without further research on the matter an aircraft may bot be out of the question. A French Mirage has delta wings.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Maybe the Air Force space plane thats been orbiting the Earth for over a year now?

Space Plane

That's an interesting point. I forgot all about the rumors of that.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Cool, thanks for that.

It was very bright, I managed to film it.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by Juggernog
Maybe the Air Force space plane thats been orbiting the Earth for over a year now?

That's an interesting point. I forgot all about the rumors of that.

Rumors?
Silly Lemmings you can track it live here

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
whatever this is it screams "man made" to me. spaceplane, space fleet, or cosmic concorde it looks like us. anybody got the number for DARPA?
also considering the one second exposure time and the speed of the ISS if this was the ISS i'd expect a much blurrier image.
edit on 6-4-2012 by abe froman because: always read the fine print

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You also have difficulty understanding sarcasm

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

whatever it is, it seems to have abducted your avatar.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Zorgon.........no Avatar?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Tu Che!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I took the original picture and adjusted the brightness a bit. The 'object' seems to be repeated faintly in the image...

Im not sure what would cause these artifacts, i just found it interesting.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Jeedawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
A ONE second exposure at that long focal length, the ISS would be a short streak. From my experience shooting the night sky, Follow me: If this is real, and it's at that focal length, a 1s exposure, and it was not being tracked by the mount, it's a geosynchronous or geostationary object. Many of them are up there.

www.oso.noaa.gov...
edit on 6-4-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is interesting. I'm keeping an open mind, because of no proof of anything either way.

Could be ISS, could be secret space plane, could be alien craft. I've just finished reading the thread to this point, and it hasn't been debunked yet. Zorgon has valid points.

Off to research the claims....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Zorgon.........no Avatar?

Stealth mode

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

I'm agreeing with you, bumping up the brightness does reveal what looks like a lens reflection.

Also, when I've ever tried to take star pics with a zoom lens, 1 second just becomes a white line almost filling 1/2 the frame depending on zoom amount of course. A small bump or vibration of the stand at those focal lengths are greatly amplified. Looks very much like that's the case.

There is also the ISS chance of course, but you have to think that a fighter plane can look like this:
...X..
.XXX.
XXXX. from above, but looks like this straight on -------=-------

Completely different, so keep that in mind.

edit - also, there is an aweful lot of noise in that pic, especially for an iso of "80". Perhaps he meant "800"? Even if he doesn't want to post the original, I wish he would at least give the full EXIF data! grrr, spank him EA!

edit on 7-4-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join