It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Jones group plans American’s “Arab Spring” revolt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Van Jones group plans American’s “Arab Spring” revolt
The Examiner

Our 'ol buddy Van Jones (a.k.a. Mr GreenJeans) is not sitting still.

He is out in the open and assembling an Egypt-styled “Arab Spring” machine !!
(designed for right here in America !)

It's war on corporate power, Wall Street greed and the political corruption.

Well at least That's what it is supposed to be.

And somehow he has managed to schedule something like 900 "training" sessions all over the country next week !

He must have some heavy duty financing lined up too !!
(Hmmm...)

An Egypt-styled “Arab Spring,” which has put radicals in charge of the government, will be launched in the United States this spring with a war on “corporate power, Wall Street greed and the political corruption of the 1 percent,” according to the group headed by former Obama green aide Van Jones.

“They’re really not going to like the 99 percent Spring,” said Rebuild the Dream in an organizing email Friday.

Comparing the collection of protests last year that are symbolized by the 99 percent campaign and Occupy movement, to those of Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr., the group said that “we were all inspired by the protesters of the Arab Spring who stood up to totalitarian governments, and inspired the Occupy movement here in America.”

The plan for now is to hold protest training sessions around the nation next week. Over 900 are scheduled so far.

Once ready, the group and dozens of others, notably MoveOn.org and labor unions, will launch the “99 Percent Spring” offensive against government and financial centers.

“We're at a crossroads as a country. In recent years, millions have lost their jobs, homes have been foreclosed, and an unconscionable number of children live in poverty. We have to stand up to the people who caused of all this and confront the rampant greed and deliberate manipulation of our democracy and our economy by a tiny minority in the 1%,” said Caroline Murray, of Rebuild the Dream Innovation Fund, in the organizing email.

Can't wait for the name dropping and name calling to start !

Here We Go !!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes !

Cant wait to join up !

Lets not forget though............

White House environmental adviser Van Jones resigned late Saturday after a simmering controversy over his past statements and activism erupted into calls for his ouster from Republican leaders on Friday.

White House Adviser Van Jones Resigns Amid Controversy Over Past Activism

Will he quit this also?

Curious minds want to know.

S&F

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just hope something positive can come out of it, if it does happen. Needs to.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
it doesn't need to happen, we can't take on this government head on as an opposing force, it only serves to make them more powerful.

we need to infiltrate it from within and fire everyone else and start from scratch.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think our original government was taken over by the bankers and greed mongers that run it today VIA legislation and law. Shortly after the articles of confederation I think many realized the potential profitability a legal coup could have, but that’s just my opinion.

An effective revolution will have bloodshed and death of the innocent, like it or not.

As those in power cling onto what they have left, they will take out as much as they can, and do their best to keep a grip on their once cherished power and privilege. With their greasy razor sharp claws, killing and injuring anyone that stands in the way, in the name of greed and desire.

edit on 6-4-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Culturally, americans aren't "geared" that way.

Some countries, they switch non-dairy creamers and it's 5 days of burning buildings and trashing shops and cars.

We, as a culture, haven't reached our "breaking point" yet. To artificially promote such an action is irresponsible and doomed to failure.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Culturally, americans aren't "geared" that way.

Some countries, they switch non-dairy creamers and it's 5 days of burning buildings and trashing shops and cars.

We, as a culture, haven't reached our "breaking point" yet. To artificially promote such an action is irresponsible and doomed to failure.

Maybe not as a whole, but I know of people that are ready to go now.
edit on 6-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

People may be.

But not America as a culture.

Yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have a feeling Occupy Wallstreet is a government OP. Just like Anonymous was a government OP. And its using some of the same tricks used in Fast And Furious. Its maping the connections and travel routes used for information to fight a rouge element in our own government. OWS was used to gather information on the rouge New York Police Department War on Terror classified units which are illegally used for the wrong purposes. And it even tracked the use of force by police departments that was coordinated by police chiefs across the country. The FBI is also using Anonymous for this same thing. They hack into the computers of the people they think are up to no good and leak info that should make them quit what they are doing wrong but some decide to try and fight back with propaganda and they have a hammer come down on them. Like the Arizona Sheriff. Even the Trayvon Martin case was being monitored and mapped for information travel and creating a database of links. When they had enough they shut down the circus. If you notice titles of stories seem to have decided to take the name Trayvon out and replace it with Zimmerman now. A second round of OWS will start the cases against police departments in Oakland , San Fransico and some of the other cities that used heavy hands. Then once the court cases are set in motion andcases can be refered to as past actions taken the big one will be taken on the New York Police Department. That one will be a hard nut to crack because it is ran by a CIA agent who has a lot of security clearence to hide what he does in secrecy. And don't forget this war against police departments falls outside federal government over sight. But any use of federal databases or computers is free game for federal monitoring and hacking. Namely thier use of Homeland Security information networks.

I need some popcorn. This show will be good to watch.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

I need some popcorn. This show will be good to watch.

Well,Im hoping you wont have to cook that popcorn,on a burning car,or two.

This might be exactly want Obama wants. Diversion,from the real issues.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by satron

People may be.

But not America as a culture.

Yet.

They would be if their college basketball team won the tournament.

Heck, the police wouldn't even show up en force to smash the troublemakers.
edit on 6-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

They would be if their college basketball team won the tournament.

Now you're equating stupidity with . . . . . oh wait!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

anyone can be part of the 99%
even people like van jones and or labour unioins,
everyone other than the 1% who are destroying a great country to make a few dollars,
can start 99% movements,
this is because of the idea of horizontal democracy,
they cant use the name occupy or occupy wall street,
so they term the 99% spring as the original protests in reference to egypt.
this does NOT mean that van jones speaks for OCCUPY,
but it DOES mean that these people have a voice.

i dont like jones but the 99% banner is for ALL to rally under,

so this is not subvertion as some would like to claim of OCCUPY,
this is people doing the same thing, for a slightly different group within the 99%

where is the republican 99% movement?
where is the democractic 99% movement?
where is the green party 99% movement?
where is the tea party 99% movement

xploder

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Don't you think associating with Van Jones
might be a little bit of a problem ?

I bet many 99'ers will !!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
[url=http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/wa

It's war on corporate power, Wall Street greed and the political corruption.

Great! Where do I sign up? It beats the hell out of the phony, debt-inducing War on Terror, the failed War on Drugs and the Republic-wrenching War on the Middle Class.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have always thought revolution against tyranny
was a very American thing to do.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

There is no 99%!

There is no us vs them.

This whole thing is divisive in nature. Andit is an artificial divisiveness.

It forces one to
a) Choose sides in an artificial paradigm
b) Be part of a group that doesn't even represent them

We are a nation FILLED with 1% and 2% and maybe 3%'s!.

We are all individuals. No group-think. No mindless drones-obeying orders like some zombie march.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
reply to post by beezzer

I have always thought revolution against tyranny
was a very American thing to do.

Quite true. But when some percieve the "tyrants" as the oganizers, well, then there may be a problem.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

i dont like jones or his politics (or any politician)
i dont like when people try to capitalise on the movement for political gains as van jones clearly is,
BUT
this is not about politics,
this is about people and their right to life liberty and justice
and all are FREE to make a better world.
horizontal democracy means ALL can act even if we dissagree with their motives.
as long as they are piecful and non violent

there is no point in being devided by a few politicians,
when the 99% of a country are at stake

i think the fact that many 99%ers wount be happy has alot to do with WHY he is the face man for this labour movement,
it is simply about division not unity, dont buy into the 99% spring being ONLY about van jones
ITS ABOUT ALL THE 99%

xploder
edit on 6-4-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There is definitely a Them,
and there is certainly an Us.

"They" are constantly at work (ahem)
swindling "Us".

I say this this with up most respect for you Beezer
You know I think quite highly of you.
We just vote differently
edit on 6-4-2012 by sealing because: ad

top topics