It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is Yahweh

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I checked this against Strong's Concordance.

Checked what?
The Septuagint version of Isaiah 44:6 says protos and meta, not alpha and omega as it says in Revelation.
The Hebrew words in Isaiah match the Greek, where they mean first and last, not Aleph and Tau.
edit on 2-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Testimony= HE IS
Be patient and use discipline if you wish to discover the creator in all his fatherly glory. You really have to have FAITH or you won't connect,
When you finally make contact, it might scare you at first because it's so powerful. Just embrace it and keep your faith in the 1 true god alone. The god of love.

edit: sorry I crashed your thread. Love is undderated

edit on 2-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I checked this against Strong's Concordance.

Checked what?
The Septuagint version of Isaiah 44:6 says protos and meta, not alpha and omega as it says in Revelation.
The Hebrew words in Isaiah match the Greek, where they mean first and last, not Aleph and Tau.
edit on 2-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

First and Last, it's good enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

There are three main variants in the manuscripts for verse 11, the fist leaves out this whole section:
(“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and,)

This still leaves the "first and last" bit in verse 17, but it is connected to his claim of once being dead, and now going on to live forever.
The extra bit in verse 11 of the translation you are using is probably the result of overenthusiastic scribes who wanted to enhance the status of the character in this section by throwing in a bit from Isaiah.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join