It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help in my studies~~~!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I used to be an okay(imo) student while I am studying in my secondary school,after I finished my O-Levels equivalent ,I went for a vacation with my aunt and after I came back WHAM!!!!! My dad call me to sign up for a course(Lets call it X) which I am not exactly very enthusiastic about(trollollol?!),then I start my foundation level sort of thing(which I did not study very seriously but that includes alot of unrelated subjects so forget about that)

Ok,then the real thing starts,1st year....2nd........3rd........and now 4th year,2 more years to go,because I am the daydreamy type of student who spent lots of time studying(along with wandering in the house ,taking frequent breaks and daydreaming,ya especially the latter) and get somewhat satisfactory results,when I started my tertiary education ,I am already getting used to my new lazy habits(from my college,which is spending less time on studies ) and it become harder for me to change,and I got somewhat addicted to the internet(since it is a foreign country,I don;t really feel like buying their newspapers to read in my leisure) ,plus study materials are sometimes a problem,so sometimes I need to use the internet to find to find it anyway,that and together with cleaning and cooking duties that are being shared by housemates,I feel like I am contributing too less in my studies,and my grades reflect that.

Any advice?
edit on 6-4-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Only use the computer to facilitate your studies...not run from them. Sure, the internet is fun...it's also a Time Bandit.

Only you can make the choices that will help you with your studies. There's not a darn thing we can do, except maybe offer some help with a specific subject. Overall, it's all up to you.

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That and I almost refuse to read anything in the afternoon after I came back from the lecture,I feel abit tired,and thinking of the chores that I need to do later did not help a single bit.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Go see a good psych with whom you feel comfortable. Get an Adderall XR perscrip. Do Not Obtain Illegally!!
I had no idea I was as ADD as I am. Got my scrip, and finished within 2 semesters, no problem... After 6.5 years of being in college.

Good luck!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

First, go shut off your main electrical breaker for a few hours so you can know how it feels when you cant pay the utility bill. Then, Go take a drive through your nearest "ghetto" neighborhood, without buying any extra gas. Dont take any money with you. You might run out of gas and you wont have any money. When you run out of gas with no money in the ghetto, you can meet lots of other people who did not want to study or work.
Stop and ask a homeless person how it feels to have no money and no home.
BUT...If your family has enough money for you to just sit around and be lazy and take exciting vacations , then by all means... just be really lazy and unproductive. Do nothing. Suck the life out of your wealthy family and get really fat and play on your computer all day.You can go on-line and meet another lazy looser and bring some lazy looser kids into the world and live off the government or your wealthy family.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimsie

First, go shut off your main electrical breaker for a few hours so you can know how it feels when you cant pay the utility bill. Then, Go take a drive through your nearest "ghetto" neighborhood, without buying any extra gas. Dont take any money with you. You might run out of gas and you wont have any money. When you run out of gas with no money in the ghetto, you can meet lots of other people who did not want to study or work.
Stop and ask a homeless person how it feels to have no money and no home.
BUT...If your family has enough money for you to just sit around and be lazy and take exciting vacations , then by all means... just be really lazy and unproductive. Do nothing. Suck the life out of your wealthy family and get really fat and play on your computer all day.You can go on-line and meet another lazy looser and bring some lazy looser kids into the world and live off the government or your wealthy family.

This is uncalled for,I am not even sure whether I want to study this course at times,soemtimes its ok,sometimes I feel I should study other things,besides I have quite a few personal problems over the years .

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sweet Pea...you are the one who asked for help. Different people are going to give different advice. that's part of life.

Are you paying for your own education? If not, I'd take advantage of all the help you are getting now. Going into student loan debt is not something you want to do, if you can avoid it.

Des

top topics

join