It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have your Survival / Preppers Kit ready ?? Time to share mine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by Ben81

I have a bug out bag for each of us..xtra clothes also,, one in the car and each auto also has a fanny pack with everything I would need to make it home with. I have all my camping and cooking and supplies cashed where no know can see or even if a tornado came they are safe. I have food for us and means to cook it and lighting ect.. Fishing gear,, hunting gear guns and bow.. I have access to a cave and a water spring that always runs, A well on my land with a hand pump in case.. Still thinking what else do I need?

Smoke house.

If you plan on staying put, since you have land, you should have a smoke house. Thats the easiest and best way to store meat. Right in the smoke house. And you can store a ton of meat that way.
If something happened and the power went out, before all the meat everywhere went bad, people should smoke as much of it as they can get their hands on.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I got a 12 gauge

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op

heres my little tip

some of us need a couple of phooos a day
so instead of lugging around toilet paper
i use refresher wipes
the little things you get at kfc to wipe yourself
they are very small to carry and cleans your bum at the same time lol

Here's my little tip.

You don't have to go to KFC to get them Hooters has them too, right on the table. If your significant other gives you a hard time just tell her you only went for supplies for your BOB.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Watch the Divide and see what can happen when people go nuts when it hit the fan

Disturbing scenes in the movie ..
many can literaly lose their mind

Well that was an interesting movie thanks.

I love all apocalypse movies usually. Its always interesting to see the different take some people have on what could happen.

I will give you a great oldy in return...

Panic in the year zero is a story about what might happen if bombs were dropped on L.A.
It follows one family's attempts to survive.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op

heres my little tip

some of us need a couple of phooos a day
so instead of lugging around toilet paper
i use refresher wipes
the little things you get at kfc to wipe yourself
they are very small to carry and cleans your bum at the same time lol

Here's my little tip.

You don't have to go to KFC to get them Hooters has them too, right on the table. If your significant other gives you a hard time just tell her you only went for supplies for your BOB.

Ok here is my tip. A team of scientists have been working on this TP problem around the clock and have found a solution and no its not a battery operated portable bidet. Not a hand crank bidet either.

You know those boxes of blue nitrite gloves? Well everyone gets one. You hide the box.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet...but a very good item to have in your pack.

www.lifesaversystems.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
my survival kit is private

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

Hmm, that is pretty nifty looking but I must say that a trial run on a long backpacking trip would be in order before depending on anything like that. I used something similar down in UT and it lasted about two days before the sediment did it's work on the filtration system and backpacking in general, beat up the container. Not saying it isn't cool, but probably not a dependable (long term) solution to filtering.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I will admit Canadian Tire has some decent camping supplies and random stuff for B.O.B, but I used to work at a couple. They are overpriced by 20-30% .. It's how they make their money. Anyway, I got most of my gear for my bag at Bass Pro, and Mountain Equipment Coop. Also I know of a few Canadian websites that supply camping gear and essentials for surviving in the bush.

P.s ... decent Bug Out Bag btw ..
small and compact, unfortunately mine is a 3 day and full internal frame backpack lol
edit on 16-4-2012 by Kreighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nice Thread! I am wanting to start putting together a bug out bag, and your thread and others replies have really helped!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ops4Ops
Nice Thread! I am wanting to start putting together a bug out bag, and your thread and others replies have really helped!

Good to know it has helped you decide on the issue
better have one then NOT having one

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join