It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have your Survival / Preppers Kit ready ?? Time to share mine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeedawg
There are a few other things which i find are equally important to building your bug out bag. I know a lot of preppers out there who are all about the bag and the contents, but they forget about all the planning and mental prepping.

The mental planning is the most important
keeping focus to stay alive taking GOOD decisions

What would you do if there is a car accident
What would you do if you broke your leg in the middle of the forest
What would you do if you see someone trying to kill another human being
What would you do if ... it goes on and on and on

So many scenario can happen to any of us or anyone close to us at anytime
Even the neightboors or strangers .. All lifes are priority number 1
it take only one bad decision because you had a moment of panick
and all hell can break loose

You need to have a general idea of where you are going to bug out to. Planning this ahead of time is pretty important, come SHTF you don't want to be ready to go but have no place to be so get yourself a spot.. at a family member's place or friend's place in the woods, take note of an area you are confident you will be safe at. Some friends and i are contemplating buying a lot somewhere in the forest where there is water and everything we would need.

I planned 4 yrs ago when i took the third floor
the though of having flood in the region ..
didnt take the chance to be at the basement

After that if i have to move from here in a SHTF scenario
just follow your instinct for your next moves
stranding yourself somewhere is not the best idea either
not able to get out of your safe hole would be worst

Watch the Divide and see what can happen when people go nuts when it hit the fan

Disturbing scenes in the movie ..
many can literaly lose their mind

Maps and a compass are another good thing to have. If you can manage to find maps of fresh water sources for your area that also good to have.

Knowing how to use and properly set up your gear is important as well. If you just bought a new compact bug out cook set, then go ahead and practice using it. Make yourself one of those disgusting freeze dried meals and enjoy : D

Do a simulation bug out i guess is what im saying, then youll know more on what you need and dont need.

Cheers~

No similations for me but im ready for the transition

hope i will never have to use my bag .. better be prepared then not
we are to much depending or others to live and it made us lazy and unprepared

Lately my instinct told me to go buy a bug out bag
i wasnt influenced by a ATS thread i swear

but i realise we are living in a critical period in time
the system will fall because bankters ruined everything with their corrupted elites friends
they are so scared of the 21 december
they wasted all the peoples money for their hidden agenda and huge bug out plan
in their modern bunkers costing billions of dollars
bunker are holes .. any holes can be buried to never see light again

I would rader do like Indiana jones with the fridge then go in the dark

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Don't spend all your money prepping, save some cash so you can go to a motel with a hot tub, swimming pool, and sauna for a few days. Got to enjoy yourself for a while to relieve the stress of local disasters.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Well you spent 200 bucks but if you wanted to you could use it for camping.

I spent close to 2 thousand probably but I will use it for camping too.

I will show you a good place to shop in Canada if you want to spend 2,000 like me...

M.E.C.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Downloaed the LDS preparedness manual (if u search, u will find a free e-link) and after reading (yes, you will have to mentally filter the religious overtones) judge how "prepared" you feel.

TBH, it is a great reference manual for those who don't have a clue where to begin.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
you're in canada, what are you going to do in winter when it's -45 and spit freezes before it hits the ground.

i guess when you thaw out in spring, it'll be helpful to the first person that can pry it from your hands.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You also need an axe of some sort.
In case you get a part of your body stuck to something
and you decide to chop it off. ( 127 hours link)
lol. It is essential in a way...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Mine doesnt got much, just a few canned food and a couple of condoms in case I get aroused in the woods while in a tent with other sweaty preppers.

No medicine either, even though is essential, I doubt it will last anyway if SHTF...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Machete, Fishing tackle, small pole, a seat that is made of four poles 18 inches long held together by a small round disk with holes, and a waterproof seat, a crankradio\flashlight combo, fire starters, all kinds of plastic bags from 1quart to 50 gallon, couple of power bars, snares, good knife, .22, .45, and 10 pounds of ammo, and last but not least water filter straws.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I have a bug out bag for each of us..xtra clothes also,, one in the car and each auto also has a fanny pack with everything I would need to make it home with. I have all my camping and cooking and supplies cashed where no know can see or even if a tornado came they are safe. I have food for us and means to cook it and lighting ect.. Fishing gear,, hunting gear guns and bow.. I have access to a cave and a water spring that always runs, A well on my land with a hand pump in case.. Still thinking what else do I need?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

I have all of that you said here,,and THE water Straw.. one for each of us...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

we in the mountains can always find water its right under our feet some places are deep, but if you know where to look long after "city water" is gone you can find it...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ready.gov.com for info

and

propac.com

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Awesome kit, good job putting it together!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I love reading these threads! I love reading everyone's comments on what they have/what you should have in your trusty BoB.

I just made mine recently as well, which was this fall and it's currently sitting right next to my desk looking all ready to go. While I'm positive that, if I needed to run right this moment, I could, I'm still no where near where I want to be for my pack. I'm a college student that doesn't have much free money to spare so I get things here or there, when I can. It's a pain, but I know in the long run it'll be worth it.

I have just one real question about your bag, does it offer a way to carry it on your back? It seems like it might get a bit heavy shouldering it like a duffle!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I purchased a majority of my BOB and GHB gear via eBay. Quality quality gear too.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That looks like a real good movie I'd like to see...........in Jan. of 2013.
Not the images I want anywhere in my mind if something really does go sideways this year but you raise one heck of an important point. Mental attitude, skills and ability to function in a crisis are more important than all the supplies in the world.

What if we're on a vacation? At Grandma's house with the kids or just an hour away on a day trip to the amusement park? A million dollars in prep work just came to absolutely 0 value and here it is. TSHTF and....uh oh. Now what? Even 70 miles...an hour by car...is a LOOOOONG way from home if cars are not an option anymore for any of a 100 different scenarios and reasons.

Indeed.... Knowing how to answer that 1,000 miles from home in a strange city and a bare hotel room equally with sitting at home with a back room of supplies and a safe full of guns will weed the Rambos from the survivors who help rebuild after it's all over, IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Emergency Essentials
I work at a shipping company, and I see many, many boxes come through from this company. I decided to order a catalog from them, and there are all kinds of useful items! For instance: a toothbrush with toothpaste built into the handle. toothbrush
Little things like this can make a huge difference.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think that's why a lot of us carry small GHB. Mine isn't near as packed as my BOB but I have things I think I'd need to last me until I can find something more. I never leave home without it. Of course mine is in my every day bag but.. still. You have a valid point. We never know when it's coming.

edit on 7-4-2012 by ohyouknow because: Forgot to add something

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lives

Not if you plan on living in harsh -15 degree winters.. or if you want to keep on the move.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you're in canada, what are you going to do in winter when it's -45 and spit freezes before it hits the ground.

i guess when you thaw out in spring, it'll be helpful to the first person that can pry it from your hands.

Well the nice thing is that zombies freeze stiff at around minus 5 F. Now if you live in America, well there are some places that get that cold but mostly you will have hot sweaty smelly zombies crawling all over the place.

I bought a down filled winter coat from China! And man what a great coat. I am still wearing it in April.
That and a good sleeping bag good to minus 10 F and the cold shouldn't be a problem.
I live on the wet coast so it doesn't stay below zero though usually except for 2 weeks in January.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join