It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your office mouse has 3 times more germs than your toilet seat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This is because most workers, or computer users eat at their computer. Creating a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. This is because most workers prefer to spend their lunch time eating at their desks, often surfing the net, or typing at the same time.

Men is also far more filthy than their female counterparts. Male mice had 40% more bacteria than female mice.

Second was keyboards, just ahead of desks and chairs.

Researchers swabbed 158 items seized from 40 desks at three office locations and compared the results with data on toilet hygiene, including 28 loo seats, obtained from other buildings. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

'In addition because they are electrical devices these items aren’t cleaned as regularly or as thoroughly as other parts of the office, or even as the desks themselves.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Article

Well, I guess I will clean my mouse and keyboard quick, be back later!
vvv

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

That's why I use rubbing alcohol on my mouse after hubby uses it. It's all gummy after he uses it too!
edit on 6/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If that grosses you out, you probably won't ever want to touch another grocery buggy handle.

Fortunately, our bodies are able to handle the swarms of bacteria we are exposed to on a daily basis, so I really try not to think about it and just wash my hands before I cook and eat.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Yes indeed.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness after all.

vvv

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
speaking of toilet seats and the office.

at my place of business, i spotted glitter on the rim of the toilet seat.

I lol'ed.

Wait.

First I was "WTF"?

Then I lol'ed.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
speaking of toilet seats and the office.

at my place of business, i spotted glitter on the rim of the toilet seat.

I lol'ed.

Wait.

First I was "WTF"?

Then I lol'ed.

Seems like Team Edward might work in your office.

Watch your back mate. lol

vvv

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Nahh unless he's an emotionless one pout look annoying actress then I think he's safe.

Oh bella...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I read a non-fiction way back by someone at the CDC talking about how they tested surfaces and such as a near hobby/obsession. The worst they'd consistently found was surprising. It wasn't bathrooms...or computer mice or a kitchen counter. It was Airliner tray table surfaces. As I recall they'd found some real serious bugs a couple times there too.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This makes me think of the trend I've noticed in ladies' rooms over the past several years. Once they've left the stall and washed their hands, they keep the wet towel in their hands before touching the handle of the door to exit the ladies' room.

Hands are washed prior to grabbing that handle.
Hands are NOT washed prior to leaving the bathroom stall.
I haven't seen one woman leave a stall with her hand wrapped in toilet paper in her effort to not touch the bacteria-laden stall door.

I laugh, and then I worry for them. Logic is becoming a hot commodity.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Not mine, I Clorox wipe it and my phone every morning.

No I'm not a germaphobe. I just don't like having a cold all the time and with two little ones at home I don't want to be bringing viruses home with me.

The germs in the ice from the ice machine is scarier since we ingest that!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My 6 year old mouse should be considered bio-weapon. I wash my hands only before I cook/eat and it is more a ritual then hygienic precaution. During winter times I take shower 2x a week (it is cold in bathroom as I do not live/heat in main house). I live at country so I'm "dirty" all the time. Last serious illness I contracted was Boreliosis from tick. Yeah ... there was that "swine flu" with terrible headaches 2 years ago. I got it on my rare visit of our capital city - probably airborne.

I realize that at places with high concentration of people there is rational need for higher hygienic standards. I do not like high concentrations of people.

Few months ago I visited India (south part of Goa and Karnataka inland). At Karnataka hygienic standards - especially at kitchens - were much lower then my and my is very low in comparison with common folks around me. Still I was more afraid of tuberculosis then of hepatitis or typhus. You can wash your hands all day around but if plate at pub is washed in contaminated water, you are better with long time builded resistance and proper nutrition then with sanitized hands.

For me washing hands when I'm in society is more about protection of others (with not so well trained immunity) then about me.

In my humble view antiseptic environment in witch many kids are living is one of main reasons of outbreak of allergies - kids do not have chance to develop their immune system.
edit on 6-4-2012 by JanAmosComenius because: forgot main reason of my post

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Great point Vreemde. I was actually doing research on this very subject for a friend of mine and created this infographic at cleanitsupply.com to help spread the word. Check it out, I think it compliments your post quite well.

-Joe

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Male mice and female mice? I just checked my mouse and I can not tell what it is. This my explain why I have a growing collection of mice in my junk box. I bet I have over 2 dozen by now.
By the was does any one know how to get ketch up and muster off a keyboard.

top topics

join